Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,700 posts, read 2,531,678 times

Advertisements

I know it's a little early to be thinking of Thanksgiving, but it will be here before we know it. I am waffling between taking the family out for T-giving or ordering a prepared meal with all the trimmings. When I lived in Florida, Publix was the "go to" source for T-day meals...but I have no clue who does that here. Suggestions for a meal-pick-up or catering service?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
We had a bunch of threads about this last year - I'm someone will answer your questions but if you want to see what people had to say in 2010, put "triangle Thanksgiving" in the search function.

Good luck!

Old 10-20-2011, 05:51 AM

447 posts, read 1,620,072 times
I suggest K&W cafeteria in Cameron Village! They have specials for take-out holiday meals.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:53 AM

520 posts, read 1,016,770 times
We ordered our Thanksgiving meal from Kroger last year & they did a very nice job.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:38 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,621,918 times
While I haven't had a whole meal from Fresh Market, the Thanksgiving sides I've had have been quite good. Now that I'm vegetarian I'll just be going to the big vegan Thanksgiving dinner in Durham. :-)

Old 10-20-2011, 09:19 AM

5,888 posts, read 6,955,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimaCheryl View Post
We ordered our Thanksgiving meal from Kroger last year & they did a very nice job.
We got ours from Harris Teeter. The meal was fine, but I wasn't expecting to basically have to cook everything. It did save on prep time and some of the cooking time, but we still took over 1.5 hours to finish cooking the turkey and all of the sides.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
While I haven't had a whole meal from Fresh Market, the Thanksgiving sides I've had have been quite good. Now that I'm vegetarian I'll just be going to the big vegan Thanksgiving dinner in Durham. :-)
We have been party to a t-day dinner from Fresh Market--and the "fresh" turkey that my relative picked up was frozen on the inside.

Whole Foods does a gorgeous meal.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM

273 posts, read 912,099 times
We've picked up from Boston Market before (did not pre-order). It was fabulous, hot, and ready to eat.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:54 AM
ERH ERH started this thread

1,700 posts, read 2,531,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
We had a bunch of threads about this last year - I'm someone will answer your questions but if you want to see what people had to say in 2010, put "triangle Thanksgiving" in the search function.

Good luck!
I thought I posted in one of those threads (to "bump" it), but I guess it ended up being its own thread. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions -- I did that before I posted.

What about upscale hotels in the area? Besides the Umstead, which hotels would you classify as "really nice"? I'm thinking of shaking things up this year and doing something really different. Even a (local) change of scenery for the long weekend might be just the ticket.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:23 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,091,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERH View Post
I thought I posted in one of those threads (to "bump" it), but I guess it ended up being its own thread. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions -- I did that before I posted.

What about upscale hotels in the area? Besides the Umstead, which hotels would you classify as "really nice"? I'm thinking of shaking things up this year and doing something really different. Even a (local) change of scenery for the long weekend might be just the ticket.
WE go to the Washington Duke Inn now as a horde (there are about 15 of us) and it's really very nice. If you have children in your party there is a special kid-height table. Last year they had a whoopie pie station (made to order). I love it, but they don't make "regular" traditional trimmings as much as they do gourmet. Very yummy, but I'm still bummed about not getting my sweet potato casserole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary