Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:11 AM

4,303 posts, read 5,983,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainednCary View Post
The overreaction of the Cary boosters on this thread is quite telling.
Hahahahaha....is it an overreaction if people are simply seeking to dispel absurb, sweeping generalizations that simply aren't true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM

Location: (Orginally From Ann Arbor, MI) Now reside in Evans, Georgia
560 posts, read 1,142,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
I think you two are talking about two different things. From the C-Tran website:

the Door-to-Door service by Ctrain is also a ADA -Para transit service. For dsiabled and seniors whom qualify for ADA, not just the general able body public.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:22 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No it has to be the whole town. Didn't you read my post about the snob test? CLearly you never lived in Cary. Or the test started after you moved. But everyone is snobby. Even the babies.

What's more, once you are contained in Cary, you can never leave. So if you lived in Cary, I'm not sure how you got out.

Lucky I like it here, I guess.
Actually, I used to live in Cary...so there!

Now that you mention it...my daughter WAS snobby!!! That changed after we moved to North Raleigh. However, to those that think Cary stands for "Containment Area for Relocating Yankees", it really means "Can't Afford Raleigh Yet"!!!

Vicki

Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Actually, I used to live in Cary...so there!

Now that you mention it...my daughter WAS snobby!!! That changed after we moved to North Raleigh. However, to those that think Cary stands for "Containment Area for Relocating Yankees", it really means "Can't Afford Raleigh Yet"!!!

Vicki
But, hang on.... I was a poor schoolteacher when I lived in Wakefield.

LOL.

I'm doing a little better than that now.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM

606 posts, read 903,119 times
Perhaps the realtors should have to give potential Cary folks that test to see if they pass or fail before putting an offer on a house in Cary.

I live in Cary. Middle class neighborhood(teacher, plumber, mechanic, truck driver, etc). The houses are all different colors. We don't have a HOA. No one cares what color the mailbox is or the shutters. I've been told by "new" Cary though that I live in the "old" part of Cary with a snobby tone. Perhaps my area needs to be annexed by Raleigh? We might fit in better there.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:42 PM

218 posts, read 287,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
No it has to be the whole town. Didn't you read my post about the snob test? CLearly you never lived in Cary. Or the test started after you moved. But everyone is snobby. Even the babies.
So true. The babies are the worst. They think their ***** doesn't stink.

Seriously, Cary is just a nice place to live. The people are nice/friendly. It is a well kept town, especially given it's size. It may be a bit lacking on neighborhood restaurants and walk-ability, but it more than makes up for that with it's educated population, diversity, schools, convenience, and cleanliness. It's a great family town.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:49 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
Perhaps the realtors should have to give potential Cary folks that test to see if they pass or fail before putting an offer on a house in Cary.

I live in Cary. Middle class neighborhood(teacher, plumber, mechanic, truck driver, etc). The houses are all different colors. We don't have a HOA. No one cares what color the mailbox is or the shutters. I've been told by "new" Cary though that I live in the "old" part of Cary with a snobby tone. Perhaps my area needs to be annexed by Raleigh? We might fit in better there.
Truly snobby Realtors don't need to "give the test."

We are innately snobby, and we can easily see when you just don't cut the Cary mustard.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:49 AM

606 posts, read 903,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Truly snobby Realtors don't need to "give the test."

We are innately snobby, and we can easily see when you just don't cut the Cary mustard.

lol. I must be much more snobby than I thought! Can we be retested?

Old 01-20-2013, 06:34 AM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
I think I mentioned this is another thread but when you arrive here . .go to Cary . . meet people from Cary you realize just what stupid assumption it is . .it's all about NOTHING!

Old 01-20-2013, 06:57 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALUKI_LOVER View Post
I think I mentioned this is another thread but when you arrive here . .go to Cary . . meet people from Cary you realize just what stupid assumption it is . .it's all about NOTHING!
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary