Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:41 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times

Advertisements

Is there a truck that parks by the road and sells fantastic fried fish? and has a gizmo mounted on the side of the truck that fresh-cuts potatoes into fries?

I just realized that is what I will miss about NY. We have Doug's Fish Fry...they do fundraisers for local groups. When you see a truck parked in a parking lot you cross 8 lanes of traffic to make an illegal turn to get in line for this fish. The calories and cost are easy to justify because it is for a good cause.

Can I find such a thing in Wake county or do I have to drive to the beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM

360 posts, read 995,221 times
I've never seen one here, or at the beach. Not so sure I would trust food sold out of a truck, but I guess if it's fried it will kill all the germs, right?!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:26 AM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,495,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Not so sure I would trust food sold out of a truck, !
Really? We have tons of food trucks here locally, and they are very sanitary.

This makes me want some Only Burger.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:31 AM

360 posts, read 995,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T|K View Post
Really? We have tons of food trucks here locally, and they are very sanitary.

This makes me want some Only Burger.

Huh, I have seen a Mexican truck once, and it just made me cringe wondering where the guy goes to the bathroom, and more important where he washes his hands

Old 01-20-2011, 08:47 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Doug's Fish Fry in upstate NY is a fantastic eatery! Lines form outside the doors for their fish diners. They took there good food on the road to cover more of up state NY for those that could not make it to their brick-N-mortar skillet containing building.

As one that wanted fish from the lake, stream, or sea and not out of the side of a truck. I became a believer when I lived in upstate NY that one could get fresh fried fish from the side of a truck! I have never heard of anyone becoming ill from truck fried fish but than again I may have to scour the NY DMV & DOT records and not the Health Department.

But let me 're-bait' the 'hook' of this thread that 'caught' my 'eye', I have not seen a truck that sells fried fish in the Wake Forest area. I have seen trucks that sold furniture, rugs, roses, BBQ Sandwiches, frozen meat, and Ice cream that we all scream for, but......none of those trucks were the least bit 'fishy'!

Old 01-20-2011, 08:50 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
There are plenty of churches and other organizations that do Fish Fries as fundraisers all the time. They usually set up in the parking lot. Never seen trucks doing it off the side of the road per se, like Onlyburger, but most of these events are done by caterers out of trucks.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:59 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,686,955 times
Sounds like a business plan for an enterprising person!

Not only do they cut the fries on a gadget attached to the side of a truck, the cut fries drop right into a plastic garbage can...designated for the purpose, of course. The employees themselves are swaddled in plastic from head to toe.

They don't really park by the side of the road, they park in front of a business/library/school/church so they have a bathroom to use!

Old 01-20-2011, 09:06 AM

3,743 posts, read 13,697,007 times
Lots of local food trucks in the Triangle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDMo1oo-RTs

Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM

915 posts, read 2,381,626 times
Food trucks have dedicated sinks for handwashing, so they do in fact wash their hands. They're also inspected by the health department, and you can look up their food score online.

Old 01-20-2011, 07:32 PM

337 posts, read 1,138,131 times
Don't know about a fried fish truck, but I wanted to put in a plug for the fried fish sandwich at Skippers Fish Fry in Apex. I drive from North Raleigh occasionally for it and I don't generally care for fish.
Get an extra bun and you can make two sandwichs out of one fillet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary