Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM

1,335 posts, read 3,152,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Huh, I have seen a Mexican truck once, and it just made me cringe wondering where the guy goes to the bathroom, and more important where he washes his hands
I'm living proof that it won't kill you. As another said, they have hand-sinks and are obligated to follow all food sanitation laws, and are subject to inspection. Same as any restaurant.

Love me some taco trucks. YUM! (but feel free to stay away if you don't, the lines will be shorter)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 08:37 AM

1,751 posts, read 3,691,874 times
Default thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighmark View Post
Don't know about a fried fish truck, but I wanted to put in a plug for the fried fish sandwich at Skippers Fish Fry in Apex. I drive from North Raleigh occasionally for it and I don't generally care for fish.
Get an extra bun and you can make two sandwichs out of one fillet.
Thanks! I will plan that outing for my trip down in April. I really doubt the absence of the truck will bother me all that much.

Ya know, just the other day I was musing on how folks from NYC are so silly to gripe about the perfect bagels and pizza or lack thereof. And now I'm worried about a simple fish sandwich!

I guess I should just plan to enjoy the process of taste-testing every fish sandwich I can find in NC.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:56 AM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
Doug's Fish Fry in upstate NY is a fantastic eatery! Lines form outside the doors for their fish diners. They took there good food on the road to cover more of up state NY for those that could not make it to their brick-N-mortar skillet containing building.

As one that wanted fish from the lake, stream, or sea and not out of the side of a truck. I became a believer when I lived in upstate NY that one could get fresh fried fish from the side of a truck! I have never heard of anyone becoming ill from truck fried fish but than again I may have to scour the NY DMV & DOT records and not the Health Department.

But let me 're-bait' the 'hook' of this thread that 'caught' my 'eye', I have not seen a truck that sells fried fish in the Wake Forest area. I have seen trucks that sold furniture, rugs, roses, BBQ Sandwiches, frozen meat, and Ice cream that we all scream for, but......none of those trucks were the least bit 'fishy'!
There trucks may not have been but the guys coming to the door trying to sell it were

Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM

767 posts, read 1,849,600 times
Does anyone know where there are some decent taco trucks...or any good lunch trucks around the downtown Raleigh area? I don't recall seeing any...

Old 01-21-2011, 11:24 AM

533 posts, read 1,200,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoisbetter View Post
Does anyone know where there are some decent taco trucks...or any good lunch trucks around the downtown Raleigh area? I don't recall seeing any...
It's my understanding that Raleigh isn't really food truck friendly. There was a story on WRAL last night about how Raleigh-based Klausie's Pizza is trying to lobby city council for to allow them access to downtown Raleigh. Most food trucks that I know of spend more time in Durham, which is more welcoming to the food truck scene.

Here's a link to the story and if I may, a little shout out to Klausie's who makes some pretty great pizza.

Food trucks lobby for downtown Raleigh access :: WRAL.com

Last edited by Sweetpea1107; 01-21-2011 at 11:50 AM..

Old 01-21-2011, 07:45 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,348,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
There trucks may not have been but the guys coming to the door trying to sell it were
TuborgP ....Holy Mackerel, well said and like Sardines in an open can, I agree!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:54 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdrive View Post
TuborgP ....Holy Mackerel, well said and like Sardines in an open can, I agree!
I will tell you that I have had neighbors ask me why I liked the steaks I got from the guy on the truck and I say I never bought any off of the truck and they respond the guy on the truck that sold them theirs told them I did. I didn't buy but they told me a neighbor who also didn't buy had. At any rate those who did buy regretted it. I have a neighbor who has purchased fish. Yuck!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:44 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,536,520 times
The best fish I ever had came off of a food truck (trailer) in Texas outside of a club. They also sold alligator bites that were pretty good too. I have been dreaming about opening up one of those since.

What type of fish would yall want from a foodtruck? I was thinking flounder and whiting are pretty universal.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,945,564 times
The closest thing I ever saw here to a fried fish truck was the Shriner's Fish Fry. I believe I heard somewhere that they'll be at the Fairground's in May during the NC Festival.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:20 AM

18 posts, read 39,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmana View Post
Huh, I have seen a Mexican truck once, and it just made me cringe wondering where the guy goes to the bathroom, and more important where he washes his hands

It's people like you that have made the restaurants of this area too "bougie". It's so hard to find good food in restaurants anymore. It's all catered to upscale. All these chains and whatnot. It doesn't matter where the food comes from, IMAO. As long as it's good. Most places that have such a glorious atmosphere usually don't have food that's just as good. People that sell out of a truck usually put a lot of love and soul in their food, and THAT is what it's all about in the end...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary