Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM

41 posts, read 104,742 times

Advertisements

I am coming up to my 90K timing belt change for my 04 4Runner! a major task and fee Where have some yall taken your 4Runners for this task in raleigh? I like the sound of CREECH IMPORT or WASP AUTO in durham, toyota shops
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 AM

502 posts, read 1,656,012 times
I'm coming up on 110K on my 2005 and haven't changed mine yet. I'll be watching this thread for the advice given to you because although I haven't seen any signs of a problem I know I better do it before it's too late. I generally avoid the dealer at all costs, but when I did have to take my truck to the dealer for some sunroof issues early on Leith Toyota in Capital in Raleigh was ok. Someone recommended them over Fred Anderson on Glenwood. The work was covered by the warranty, so because I didn't have to pay I can't speak on the costs.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:46 AM

357 posts, read 1,384,715 times
I have always had great luck with Atlantic Tire & Service. My husband & I both have Toyotas and now that they are no longer under warranty we have all of our major work done there. We never have our major work done at a dealer because they significantly overcharge. There are 3 locations - one on Harrison Ave in Cary, one in RTP off of Miami Blvd, and one in N. Raleigh just south of 540/Glenwood intersection next to the Eagle gas station/Bojangles.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:48 AM

wow 110K, that just goes to show those timing belts can go, go and go! I will still get mine changed to be on the safe side this jan! I live close to Fred Anderson and used to go there but I got fed up with the pushy extra sales each and every serivce just about. I just started taking both my wifes and I toyota's to WASP auto on 55/54 intersection! An impressive garage and staff who work on toyota's and hondas..I will get this done there in the end, I was quoted 900 for everything..an expensive job big time, all the labor involved..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeHuntress View Post
I'm coming up on 110K on my 2005 and haven't changed mine yet. I'll be watching this thread for the advice given to you because although I haven't seen any signs of a problem I know I better do it before it's too late. I generally avoid the dealer at all costs, but when I did have to take my truck to the dealer for some sunroof issues early on Leith Toyota in Capital in Raleigh was ok. Someone recommended them over Fred Anderson on Glenwood. The work was covered by the warranty, so because I didn't have to pay I can't speak on the costs.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:33 AM

337 posts, read 1,139,637 times
Phils toy store
Chatham St. Cary

Old 12-13-2010, 01:37 PM
T|K

891 posts, read 2,498,450 times
Where are you located? AutoProtocall on the Durham/Chapel Hill border is really good also.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:23 PM

78 posts, read 160,643 times
Default I heartily recommend Autobahn Automotive in Raleigh

I would heartily recommend you consider Autobahn Automotive, 4200 Atlantic Avenue, Raleigh 27604 http://autobahn-automotive.com

We've been taking our Toyotas, Subaru and VW there for years and have had fantastic service. I believe they have 1 or maybe even 2 loaner cars now (if you make arrangements ahead of time).

Robert is the owner/mechanic. I can't say enough good things about having work done there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL655 View Post
I am coming up to my 90K timing belt change for my 04 4Runner! a major task and fee Where have some yall taken your 4Runners for this task in raleigh? I like the sound of CREECH IMPORT or WASP AUTO in durham, toyota shops

Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM

205 posts, read 488,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighmark View Post
Phils toy store
Chatham St. Cary
Yep, second that. Phil runs an honest shop, and doesn't sell you services you don't need. We trust him completely.

Old 12-13-2010, 08:10 PM

216 posts, read 539,731 times
Subscribing to this one. I have 105K on my Toyota PreRunner and will need to get this service done too.

Old 12-14-2010, 07:42 AM

thanks for the replies, and it sounds like there are some good independent garages in this area for toyota work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary