Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2010, 01:44 PM

20 posts, read 53,654 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know much about any of these sub's? I think we are leaning towards not staying in the city limits. The only school we have ruled out is Smithfield. Our big desire is to not be in an area that the houses are all on top of each other. Nice sized lots that offer some privacy. These subs seem to fit the bill (at least from pictures online, I won't see first hand until next month!). My only other concern is what types of HOA's they each have and what types of covenants. I am ok with basic general ground rules but not ok with everything being dictated. Do any of them have notoriously strict hoa's? How far away are each of them from shopping and such? What is near and how far away will I travel for grocery shopping etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 02:58 PM

247 posts, read 452,666 times
I don't have any first hand knowledge of those particular subdivisions other than I think at least Tafton and Lee Forest were built by Scott Lee Homes (please correct me if I'm wrong!) and they have also built the Bluffs at Buffalo Creek (BBC). BBC is just slightly east of Tafton and in the River Dell Elementary/Archer's Lodge Middle/Corinth Holders High area. The lots are large, the price is great, the HOA is virtually non existent. It's about 15 minutes from grocery shopping, 30 or so to other shopping (in most directions). Which would be just about the same for Tafton, or maybe it's 10 minutes instead of 15. So, more choices, which may or may not be a good thing! ; ) Good luck!

Oh, and I forgot to say that I'm quite pleased with my purchase from Scott Lee Homes, which is why I mentioned the builder in the first place. So I would assume the other neighborhoods they've done would be great. Sorry, I'm running on very little sleep today!

Old 11-19-2010, 03:04 PM

20 posts, read 53,654 times
Default Thanks!

I am not finding any available homes at buffalo creek but it is good to hear scott lee homes receive favorable reviews!

Old 11-20-2010, 12:47 AM

789 posts, read 1,993,478 times
We live in Hunters Mill and are very happy with it. HOA is very reasonable. You can view the covenants online at the Kornerstone Mgmt website. Homes are very custom and there are some fantastic deals right now (brand new homes with granite and lots of upgrades, coming with refrigerators and washer/dryers). We love the neighborhood and have fantastic neighbors that we get togegther with often. Lots of kids and great schools.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:33 AM

615 posts, read 1,504,451 times
We also live in the Hunters Mill/Twisted Oaks subdiv.(They run together....however, Twisted Oaks has no HOA's). We went for a walk yeterday and walked through many nice houses for sale in the mid/high 200's...one was on the pond. Most have 4 BR's, 2 bonus rooms, granite,etc..over 2500 s.f... and nice wooded lots(not cookie cutter) with wildlife(beavers, deer, blue heron, groundhogs, foxes from time to time, etc.). We've been here 3 yrs and love it....nice neighborhood feel(but not too pushy), a pond, stream(runs through our property and others)...very quiet. Great Clayton schools too and 5 minutes to 40, Super Walmart, takeout food/restaurants(Cracker Barrell-type) etc.
GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary