Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 AM

6 posts, read 19,562 times

Advertisements

We are most likely buying in Hunters Mill. Am looking for feedback on the C3 Church from other people in the neighborhood and if noise or light from the church is of any concern? I appreciate it. Also, what can you tell me about the Hunters Mill neighborhood as a whole? Family and kid friendly? I know there is no pool or playground in there but it seems like a nice place and nice homes. The schools seem to be very well ranked too and a new High School to open not too far from there in 2010 for my son who will go into 9th grade at that time.

Please, any and all feedback on the neighborhood and area is well appreciated. We have come over there from Cary for the soccer program for my 4 year old in the Cleveland area and were very impressed overall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM

615 posts, read 1,504,364 times
Welcome. We live in the Hunters Mill/Twisted Oaks Development(They basically run together) and love it here. No problem with the C3 church at all as far as noise/traffic etc. Most of the time I don't even know its there..and I walk the neighborhood daily. The neighborhood is very kid-friendly, especially the Hunters Mill section(seems to be more kids outside all the time than in the Twisted Oaks section...maybe because the Twisted Oaks section is more hilly).

Holidays are especially fun with block parties on Halloween, July 4th, New Years....and this year we had a revolving Christmas Party from house to house on our immediate street/neighborhood(about 6-7 houses).
Its really as "involved" or quiet as you want it to be here. No force to join, but things to do if you want to.(house parties, "pampered chef" type parties all the time, etc.). And everyone is always looking out for each other...in a good way Its nice.

I work at a school(teacher) about 10 minutes away, and my daughter attends the school where I work for convenience reasons. But the local elem. school/middle school(Cleveland Elementary/MIddle and Polenta Elementary) I have heard nothing but great things about from our neighbors who have kids there. And W. Johnston High School also gets good ratings from friends who have teens there.

FYI--the Broadmoor development which is in walking distance from Hunters Mill does have a pool and I have heard that you can join that pool even though you are not a resident of Broadmoor. There are also horseback-riding lessons right next to Hunters Mill, in case your interested for the kids.
. There is also another pool club/health club that many people here join, but its further towards CLayton and new.(forget the name.. I think its Vinson Ridge). Its about 15 minutes away. We prefer Tucker Lake in the summer..which is a nearby lake about 20 minuates away with rope swings, water slides, paddle boats etc. We've done the pool-club thing before(in Jersey) and just prefer the lake now..just personal preference(and our daughter being older now).

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. You'll love it here.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:23 AM

237 posts, read 915,477 times
Default hi jersey

just wanted to say hi. we are from hamilton twp. mercer county. we also just bought a house in clayton... bob

Old 02-02-2009, 09:25 AM

789 posts, read 1,993,342 times
Hi! We're also in Hunters Mill and are really happy with our decision to purchase here. We have not heard any noise from C3 at all, even when outside. We specifically chose a subdivision that did not have a pool, as it has been our experience that pools can cause a lot of disagreement within the subdivision, and there are a lot of extra costs that get passed on to everyone. We used the Broadmore pool this past summer, which is about 2 minutes away and very nice. There is a fee, but it wasn't outrageous. We tend to use the playground across from the fire house, although most of the time our kids just play in the subdivision. There are lots of kids and plenty of safe areas for them to play. I was concerned about the cross-through traffic, as some people use Twisted Oaks/Hunters Mill to cross between Josephine and Cleveland, but I haven't found it to be much of an issue. I think that all the turns and narrow roads discourage most people from using it as a shortcut, and we can always install speedbumps in the future if it does become an issue.

The schools are great, and I feel we get the best of both worlds as far as country living and shopping convenience goes. White Oak shopping center is only 15 minutes away; the Carolina Outlets are only 20 minutes way; and there are a few restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. within 5 minutes.

I also think that the subdivision is holding its value, as new homes are still being built (and selling). The prices and sizes are a bit larger in Hunters Mill, as opposed to Twisted Oaks. Our home was built by Greg Johnson and we've been really happy with the quality and workmanship. They've also been responsive when we've had problems. They quickly replaced a cracked window and our fireplace logs when, several months after moving in, we had problems.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 AM

214 posts, read 664,206 times
Another Hunter's Mill/Twisted Oaks resident here and I love it. I work in N Raleigh so I don't care for the drive but I do like the neighborhood. We also have a Greg Johnson home and couldn't be happier.

As for kid friendly, there are always families walking up and down the street. We always meet someone while we're out walking the dog.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:51 AM

111 posts, read 575,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmom5497 View Post
There are also horseback-riding lessons right next to Hunters Mill, in case your interested for the kids.
I'm looking for horseback-riding in clayton for kids. Would you know the name of the place next to Hunters Mill? thanks!

Old 03-05-2009, 03:04 PM

789 posts, read 1,993,342 times
There's Lazy Branch 919-441-6934 on Cleveland School Road, but that's not the one right in front of Hunters Mill. The one in front of Hunters Mill I think is still called Cleveland Riding School, but I can't find the phone number. I know it's not owned by the Willifords anymore. I can check tonight when I get home and post the phone number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary