Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,616,494 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

One of the S/D's my husband and I are looking at in Clayton is Summerset Place. Hwy 42, left on Cleveland Road at CVS Drugs, 7 miles then left on Steel Bridge Road, one mile on the right. I hear so much about other S/D's on the forum like Flowers Plantation, Riverwood, Edenton, etc, but haven't heard anything on this specific S/D. This was our favorite because of house and lot size, beautiful wooded lots, etc. Does anyone have any opinions on this specific S/D or area? Builder TCarroll? Also, what does Restrictive Covenants mean? Are we too far from civilization? I've already checked out the school stats, Middle and High School seem to be right on the money, although the Elementary School had mixed reviews, so we still need to research that a bit more. Any and all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 08:01 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,112 times
I know Njrover0216 toured that subdivision, said it was a "hidden secret". Nothing but good things to say about it. I *think* I have drove through it and from what I remember, it seemed really nice.

Cooper elementary, right? My daughter will be attending Cooper in the fall. We were worried about the mix reviews too but after talking to my neighbors, they had nothing to say but wonderful things about Cooper so that helped. They said the staff was fabulous and the teachers really went out of their way for the kids. I thought that was nice.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrickhead28 View Post
I know Njrover0216 toured that subdivision, said it was a "hidden secret". Nothing but good things to say about it. I *think* I have drove through it and from what I remember, it seemed really nice.

Cooper elementary, right? My daughter will be attending Cooper in the fall. We were worried about the mix reviews too but after talking to my neighbors, they had nothing to say but wonderful things about Cooper so that helped. They said the staff was fabulous and the teachers really went out of their way for the kids. I thought that was nice.
No, actually my kids would attend Polenta in Garner, even though we would be living in Clayton. My 10 year old would only have 5th grade and then go to Cleveland Middle School which I've heard great things about. My daughter, on the other hand would be entering 3rd grade in the fall, so should would have 3 years there. The stats for math at that school were pretty low, and my daughter already is challenged with that subject now. I'm hoping to find someone that already attends Polenta to get some personal feedback, and of course we will have to visit the school and do some research on our own.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:24 AM

180 posts, read 662,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi everyone,

One of the S/D's my husband and I are looking at in Clayton is Summerset Place. Hwy 42, left on Cleveland Road at CVS Drugs, 7 miles then left on Steel Bridge Road, one mile on the right. I hear so much about other S/D's on the forum like Flowers Plantation, Riverwood, Edenton, etc, but haven't heard anything on this specific S/D. This was our favorite because of house and lot size, beautiful wooded lots, etc. Does anyone have any opinions on this specific S/D or area? Builder TCarroll? Also, what does Restrictive Covenants mean? Are we too far from civilization? I've already checked out the school stats, Middle and High School seem to be right on the money, although the Elementary School had mixed reviews, so we still need to research that a bit more. Any and all CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be greatly appreciated.
We actually drove through that specific subdivison last night after work. We have been looking mostly in FV ans HS but decided to try Clayton b/c the distance is about the same from where we work. We loved all the farms and beautiful land around the area, BUT was not happy with the neighborhood. When you first pull in there are about 10 houses that look like they are part of a nice small neighborhood, there is actually one for sale up there that we love. Problem is when you drive to the back part of the subdivision there are way too many houses being put in, and WAY to close together. Online we were totally excited to see the subdivision b/c the houses look beautiful and have almost an acre of land. Unfortunately the individual plots are very skinny, and they did not scatter the houses on the plots. It was much too "cookie cutter" like for us.
On a positive point, while we drove through ALL of the neighbors smiled and waved! We just love that! The houses are beautiful and we love the location. Just too big of a subdivision for us!!!!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
We actually drove through that specific subdivison last night after work. We have been looking mostly in FV ans HS but decided to try Clayton b/c the distance is about the same from where we work. We loved all the farms and beautiful land around the area, BUT was not happy with the neighborhood. When you first pull in there are about 10 houses that look like they are part of a nice small neighborhood, there is actually one for sale up there that we love. Problem is when you drive to the back part of the subdivision there are way too many houses being put in, and WAY to close together. Online we were totally excited to see the subdivision b/c the houses look beautiful and have almost an acre of land. Unfortunately the individual plots are very skinny, and they did not scatter the houses on the plots. It was much too "cookie cutter" like for us.
On a positive point, while we drove through ALL of the neighbors smiled and waved! We just love that! The houses are beautiful and we love the location. Just too big of a subdivision for us!!!!
Thank you for that info, I will definately keep that in mind when we go back. Did you visit any other S/D's similiar to Summerset Place that impressed you? So far, some of the S/D's we've seen in Clayton are either out of our price range, too open, (we would like something with a bit of privacy, either a wooded lot or at the end of a culd-a-sac) or not enough house and/or land, (we have a family of 6). Summerset Place is right in our price range. Jeannie

Old 07-18-2007, 11:10 AM

180 posts, read 662,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Thank you for that info, I will definately keep that in mind when we go back. Did you visit any other S/D's similiar to Summerset Place that impressed you? So far, some of the S/D's we've seen in Clayton are either out of our price range, too open, (we would like something with a bit of privacy, either a wooded lot or at the end of a culd-a-sac) or not enough house and/or land, (we have a family of 6). Summerset Place is right in our price range. Jeannie
Under 230K is what we are looking for. We're finding that either we get a nicer home with no land, or an outdated/needs too much improvement but has lots of land/privacy. We are going to drive up to Wake Forest tonight to see what it's all about (we haven't been there yet). We are having a lot of trouble finding a home with more than .4 acres and a decent home. We are not big fans of Creedmoor, which unfortunately does offer us the house we want. I think that the house for all of us is out there! All that we need to do is find it. Luckily, everyday there are new listings! If I run across any new subdivisions I will PM you and let you know, same goes for you??

Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLamothe View Post
Under 230K is what we are looking for. We're finding that either we get a nicer home with no land, or an outdated/needs too much improvement but has lots of land/privacy. We are going to drive up to Wake Forest tonight to see what it's all about (we haven't been there yet). We are having a lot of trouble finding a home with more than .4 acres and a decent home. We are not big fans of Creedmoor, which unfortunately does offer us the house we want. I think that the house for all of us is out there! All that we need to do is find it. Luckily, everyday there are new listings! If I run across any new subdivisions I will PM you and let you know, same goes for you??
Will do, thank you. We haven't ventured into Wake County, wanted to stay in Johnston, but I hear Wake Forest is beautiful. Let me know how you do . Jeannie

Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM

75 posts, read 301,418 times
While I don't know anyone in that specific neighborhood, I do know plenty of children that attend Polenta Elementary. All parents that I know are very happy with Polenta and have no complaints. I also have a friend that is an assistant teacher there and is satisfied with the school as well. My son will begin Kindergarten there in the Fall, and I am happy with this district.

One thing to note is that their principal has been transferred to another school so I'm not sure what effects the change may have.

I've lived in this area for 4 years and I absolutely LOVE the Cleveland School area!

Old 07-18-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by native2nc View Post
While I don't know anyone in that specific neighborhood, I do know plenty of children that attend Polenta Elementary. All parents that I know are very happy with Polenta and have no complaints. I also have a friend that is an assistant teacher there and is satisfied with the school as well. My son will begin Kindergarten there in the Fall, and I am happy with this district.

One thing to note is that their principal has been transferred to another school so I'm not sure what effects the change may have.

I've lived in this area for 4 years and I absolutely LOVE the Cleveland School area!
Thank you! I really needed to hear that.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 6,221 times
Default We loved IIt

My wife and I also visited summerset place. We absolutely loved it. Were going to Buy in September.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary