Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:07 PM

4 posts, read 11,006 times

Advertisements

Hi! I am hoping that someone can help me narrow down some choices. We are in need of furniture. Based on schedules and time, just don't have time to travel far. I think we've narrowed down our search to Home Comfort or Haverty's. Quality seems good enough. Any experiences/suggestions about these places? TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 07:16 PM

289 posts, read 492,104 times
I had pretty good luck at Home Comfort- custom ordered some pieces about 5 years back and the quality was very good.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 PM

168 posts, read 351,880 times
When shopping for some furniture a couple of years ago, we checked out both. In the end, Home Comfort had what we wanted so we went through them. Good customer service, fast delivery and the delivery people were friendly and helpful. Would totally shop there again.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 11,006 times
Thanks so much for the info!!!

Old 06-18-2010, 07:37 PM

379 posts, read 962,569 times
We also had a great experience at Home Comfort!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:03 PM

161 posts, read 583,792 times
My bedroom suit came from Haverty's. As did my mom's chair that she has in the den. I was just in both Haverty's and Home Comfort last weekend looking for a sofa. I didn't find anything I liked at Home Comfort, but I did find one at Haverty's that I plan on going back to get in a couple of weeks (I'm hoping for a July 4th sale!)

You know, if you go to the Haverty's and Home Comfort on Glenwood/Hwy 70, they are right down the road from each other. It would be super easy to go to both.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:06 PM

161 posts, read 583,792 times
Oh I should mention that the bedroom suit I got at Haverty's was about 10 years ago and it's still going strong! I had been to every furniture imaginable looking for a bedroom suit -- I was just starting high school and I was VERY picky about the style and color I wanted. Me and my parents went to High Point, Hickory, and the local stores at home. Haverty's was right down the road from the house but we just hadn't been to look there yet. One afternoon me and dad rode over there not expecting to find anything -- and as soon as I saw that bedroom suit I knew it was the one. Of course I would find one at the last place I looked -- right down the street from home! And I LOVED our salesman. He gave us a great deal. I had found an iron bed in Hickory that I liked and had planned on ordering that, and he told us he could order the exact same bed. He sold it to us for a lot less than the one I saw in Hickory. Two years ago me and mom went to Haverty's looking for her a chair and the same salesman was working there and he even remembered selling us the bedroom suit!

Old 06-18-2010, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 85,744 times
I am not familiar with Home Comfort, but had good experience with Haverty's... I ordered furniture and when it showed up it there was just too much for the space. The delivery guys just put one chair and footstool back on the truck and they gave me a full refund with no hassle at all. I would use them again just for that!

Old 06-19-2010, 02:40 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,854,964 times
I bought my living room furniture at Home Comfort as well back in December. The people at the Capital Blvd and Glenwood stores were very helpful. There is also another store on Glenwood that sells strictly pieces that have been discontinued or returned. You can get a good deal there.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:18 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,088,047 times
We bought all our furniture from both of them...bed at HC and everything else at Haverty's...Haverty's FWIW has the BEST customer service I've ever encountered in a business. Highly recommend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary