Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2010, 07:20 PM

82 posts, read 241,237 times

Advertisements

has anyone bought furniture from this company recently? if so, how was your experience post sale? this company is quoting me a 4-8 week delivery time on a special order (not all that special, just changing fabric on a sofa & loveseat). most of the other furniture stores on glenwood were quoting 4-6 weeks for the same thing. another question - when i got the price quote, they charged tax on the delivery - are they allowed to do that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 AM

50 posts, read 254,796 times
I have purchased furniture(three bedroom sets, one living room set, dining set and two extra sofa) from Home Comfort furniture store on Glenwood in 2007. Overall service was nice including price, quality, delivery and touch-up repair. There was only one thing I didn't like. When I signed contract they said all the items of living room set were in stock, but sofa (only sofa) was delivered one month later than other items. Besides that, it was and still is nice experience.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:28 AM

83 posts, read 207,954 times
I purchased living room furniture (3 chairs and a loveseat) from Home Comfort in late 2008. I waited about 4-8 weeks for delivery. Don't recall now how long it took, but it was not longer than they had advised. Like Capertree above, I was satisfied with price, quality and delivery. I'm still satisfied with all of the pieces. One item needed touch-up repair. They scheduled & performed that without problem.

Old 02-28-2010, 12:56 PM

792 posts, read 4,488,436 times
I've also had good experience with Home Comfort. I special-ordered an ottoman last fall and it took 5 weeks to come. As for charging tax on the delivery, I don't think they should be doing that, so you should ask them about it. Or, you could save yourself the delivery fee and pick it up yourself from their warehouse in Durham, they are great about letting people do that.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
I had similar experience with them. Two bedroom sets and a dining set, within delivery time frame and two years later still very satisfied with what we bought.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM

25 posts, read 126,932 times
I have purchased several items from Home Comfort as well. They are one of my favorite furniture stores due to price & quality.

When it comes to their estimated delivery times error on the high end. I had a chair that was back ordered and it took 2 months!

Their warehouse is in Durham off of Miami Blvd. You might want to consider going to pick it up yourself if you think the delivery fees are high.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:48 PM

82 posts, read 241,237 times
Default out of stock stuff with home comforts?

thanks for the responses!!! ok, so for those who had furniture orders that were out of stock & delayed delivery - i presume your new delivery date beyond the 4 - 8 weeks promised time? im curious as to at what time during the 4 - 8 weeks that you got notified that your furniture was going to be delayed, or did you know it when you ordered the furniture (im thinking not?). 8 weeks is about the max time i can wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary