Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 07:00 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times

Advertisements

I'm in Stuart, FL, on the Atlantic Intercoastal. Great restaurant here called Sailor's Return.
Had the Mrs. Peters smoked fish dip and about 5 Sailor Jerry's. Great waters overhere. Wish I were on a boat but I'm working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 06:55 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Went out on Sunday and caught a ray that was at least five foot across. It's tail was at least three foot long.I would guess at 150 pounds, I didn't know that sting rays got that big.What a fight. Took about twenty minutes to get it to the boat.
I have been told that they used to, and maybe still do make fish sticks out of ray. Over in Ireland, there were several great restaurants that offered Ray. I have used them as cut bait - works well on gouper, and the meat is very white and looks like it might be good. I don't know (other than possibly eating some in fish sticks) that I ever had any to eat, but who knows.

I am going to be around and ready to fish this weekend - if your up for it. I'm gonna call HH later.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
I'm in Stuart, FL, on the Atlantic Intercoastal. Great restaurant here called Sailor's Return.
Had the Mrs. Peters smoked fish dip and about 5 Sailor Jerry's. Great waters overhere. Wish I were on a boat but I'm working.
Are you going to be out and About this weekend. I am planning on doing some fishing this weekend.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:07 AM

462 posts, read 1,707,526 times
I'm around!

Old 08-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Are you going to be out and About this weekend. I am planning on doing some fishing this weekend.
I'm supposed to take out a visiting nephew and his friend from DeBary, FL. Weather & Emily permitting, of course. Current marine forecast is great but I will decide for sure on Thursday night.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 PM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
I will be working this weekend and probably all of to come. Will be taking tuesday wednesday or wednesday thursdays off. I am sure for the next few months I will be doing 70 hour weeks untill I get comfortable letting an assistant run the place

Old 08-03-2011, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
I will be working this weekend and probably all of to come. Will be taking tuesday wednesday or wednesday thursdays off. I am sure for the next few months I will be doing 70 hour weeks untill I get comfortable letting an assistant run the place

Don't you know how laid back this area is?!? It is expected that you will be gone (not working) on sunny days! Hasn't anyone told you that?
Down here it's the same as having a doctor's excuse.

Lets look at this problem (you call work). . .

work on a sunny day = fishing.
work on a rainy day = work.
work on a partially sunny day = fishing till the storm sinks your boat.

Day off = planned fishing and beer drinking afterword.

wife wants you to do housework = text your friend to call you and inviting you to go fishing so you don't have to work. (the old boy network, ever heard of that?)

OK. . . you just moved here, and feel like you have to impress your boss - right? Well. . . . forget that, he's out fishing and couldn't give a crap!
Now do the right thing, and call in sick, or post your bosses number here, and I'll do it for you.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 AM

493 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Default Rules for work

BH, would you mind letting my wife know about the rules of work for SWFL? I'm not sure she has all the details right yet and may need a third parties view/take on life in SWFL!! HA,HA!!

Old 08-06-2011, 03:49 AM

I'm headed out this morning to the Boca Grande Pass. BH, if you still have my #, call me if you launch. If you don't have my number...it'll be me and two 17 year olds aboard my Key West 196 with the T top and big Minn Kota up front. You can find us there from 8 to 2 today.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:56 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
Don't you know how laid back this area is?!? It is expected that you will be gone (not working) on sunny days! Hasn't anyone told you that?
Down here it's the same as having a doctor's excuse.

Lets look at this problem (you call work). . .

work on a sunny day = fishing.
work on a rainy day = work.
work on a partially sunny day = fishing till the storm sinks your boat.

Day off = planned fishing and beer drinking afterword.

wife wants you to do housework = text your friend to call you and inviting you to go fishing so you don't have to work. (the old boy network, ever heard of that?)

OK. . . you just moved here, and feel like you have to impress your boss - right? Well. . . . forget that, he's out fishing and couldn't give a crap!
Now do the right thing, and call in sick, or post your bosses number here, and I'll do it for you.

He isn't a fisherman he is a cheese head . So now I will have to keep up with the Packers. Whatever it takes to make the boss happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte