Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 12:56 AM

12,356 posts, read 2,973,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I'm having an Okra crisis. I planted okra. I watered it, I fertilized it, I cultivated it, and I picked it. My wife put up 4 quarts of pickled okra. She opened a quart for supper tonight and my allotted portion size was just 2 pods. Portion control of the worst kind. Boy the USDA would be proud of her. I'm gonna get me a Man Cave with a fridge and those portion controls are gonna change!
Wrong. You should have portion control on things like meat and cheese and sugar. You should eat all the veggies you want!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 07:22 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
Thought Provoking Questions:

If the Measuring Cups were found in the Ice Bucket is there really any point in looking for the Bendy Straws?

If an Onion doesn't even have any smell, what are the chances it's going to taste good in a Macaroni Salad?

Is the Air-Conditioner going to produce Cold Air or is it just going to make Noise?

Why do I have to make my own coffee in the morning in a Civilized World?

Old 07-13-2022, 07:46 AM

4,144 posts, read 3,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I live in NE Texas and it's humid here too! I am about to freaking die.

My aunt lives in NW Louisiana, about an hour and a half east of me, and what got me is that we hung some things out to dry and they simply never dried. Even though it was over 100 degrees, they just wouldn't dry. We finally, after about three days, just gave up. Now THAT is humid. I mean, it's humid here, but there's just something about Louisiana that makes it uber humid, anywhere. Ugh.

My first car was a 1969 Galaxy 500 Ford and it had no AC. It also had 400K miles on it and the headrests were held together with shower decals! Lord have mercy. I started driving it in 1980. It was my parents' car but I have a sneaky suspicion that they were glad to get rid of it.

A few months after I started driving it, the entire drive shaft just fell out of it at a stop light. Thank God I was stopped. When I had the car towed, I said to the guy "What will it cost to fix it?" and he said "Fix it? It will cost a lot more than the car is worth. Junk it."

I can sympathize with your insurance problems. When my 1975 Chevrolet Impala was stolen in Cleveland, I went to the airport (walking part of the way) to rent a car. My insurance only paid $10 a day, and rentals were $40 a day. Not financially feasible. My parents picked me up, and I found there was a "Rent a Wreck" in Massillon. I was able to rent a 1975 AMC Pacer for $10. I rented it for a month, which was even less per day. The Pacer did not have A/C, the horn did not work, the gas tank leaked if you filled it up, and the exhaust system had a kink in it. However, I had transportation at a cost I could afford until the Impala was recovered and fixed.

Did I get a "Thank You" from the insurance company for renting a car at less than $10 a day? No, of course not.

Old 07-13-2022, 09:26 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
I can sympathize with your insurance problems. When my 1975 Chevrolet Impala was stolen in Cleveland, I went to the airport (walking part of the way) to rent a car. My insurance only paid $10 a day, and rentals were $40 a day. Not financially feasible. My parents picked me up, and I found there was a "Rent a Wreck" in Massillon. I was able to rent a 1975 AMC Pacer for $10. I rented it for a month, which was even less per day. The Pacer did not have A/C, the horn did not work, the gas tank leaked if you filled it up, and the exhaust system had a kink in it. However, I had transportation at a cost I could afford until the Impala was recovered and fixed.

Did I get a "Thank You" from the insurance company for renting a car at less than $10 a day? No, of course not.
Absolutely not. The executives were too busy vacationing and the office workers were too busy just being busy I guess.

Old 07-13-2022, 01:43 PM

An index card with all my passwords fell off the table and went under the treadmill

Old 07-13-2022, 05:41 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I put some strawberries in the fridge for a few days and it looks like a scientific experiment for penicillin
I'm guessing they were "organic" strawberries? That's why I hate organic fruit... as a single person without roommates, I can't eat them fast enough before they go bad! Give me preservatives, please.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:38 PM
bjh

60,098 posts, read 30,411,363 times
I thought a headlight on the car went out. I drove to the parts place and turned on the light to see them reflected in the window. Both worked. Then I realized the right one had looked like it was out because the sunlight hit it just right - or just wrong. Good news is I don't have to change the bulb.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:38 AM

I accidentally disconnected the internet while trying to hide the power strip. In so doing I encountered a spider Having no shoe available I tried to use tissue. It fell on the floor. I fear retaliation I had this dream last night where I colored my hair brownish red and woke up a blonde. I still have to make my own coffee, every day!

Last edited by Nancy739; 07-17-2022 at 08:15 AM..

Old 07-17-2022, 10:12 AM

Don't mean to hog the thread ~ but Contact Lenses did not make their way into my otherwise flawless budget and now I can only see out of one eye.

Old 07-17-2022, 12:11 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,297,509 times
Poor Kathryn.......AND she said HOOPTY! Love it!

Nomad needs a wrench and Nancy is one eyed AND has to make her own coffee.

I ordered a pile of groceries to be delivered between 4 and 5 this afternoon. They bring them in and set them on my counter. My FWP is that I actually have to take them out of the bags and put them up. (I did buy shrimp so there is that.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology