Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2022, 06:18 PM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
If I want Creamy peanut butter, I can only find Crunchy. If I want Crunchy, I only find Creamy, and this is in my own home
Try a store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2022, 10:39 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I can't find the remote for the TV. Now that we finally got our high speed service hooked up with a Roku added as a bonus I can't get it setup. Some days I just can't win for losing. I'm sure we will find it in the last place we look.

Old 05-06-2022, 11:04 AM

613 posts, read 1,016,542 times
My fast-food drinking straw apparently has a fissure and it's not operating efficiently. Oh, the humanity!

Old 05-06-2022, 11:17 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I have zoom meetings today and pretend to be at home (I work remotely.)

But I am at my bf's house and his dog snores loud and farts loud and stinky and it is difficult to keep my facial expressions under control on camera and switch back and forth to mute and unmute.

Old 05-06-2022, 01:18 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Today I think, my toenails grow too fast. It is unnatural. I just had to trim them, and I don't know when the last time was but I'm pretty sure it wasn't very long ago. The polish isn't even worn off from the last time I clipped 'em and decided to paint them afterwards.

Was it last week? It feels like it was last week. What's going on here? I wish to file a complaint.

Old 05-06-2022, 01:24 PM

20,363 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadicus View Post
I can't find the remote for the TV. Now that we finally got our high speed service hooked up with a Roku added as a bonus I can't get it setup. Some days I just can't win for losing. I'm sure we will find it in the last place we look.
If all else fails, universal remotes can be had pretty cheaply on Amazon...just sayin'.

Good luck in your quest!

If I could be there to help, I would. It is my superpower, finding misplaced things. My father in law heard his remote fall somewhere in the vicinity of his bed one night, and couldn't find it and was upset, and asked me to look. (He's 88 and it's hard for him to get behind and under stuff...) So I went and looked, and looked. Was stumped for a bit. My intuition kept pushing me to look in one area but after checking a bunch of times, it just wasn't there. (All around and behind the nightstand, where it made the most sense.) Then my eyes lit on the bottom of the furniture and I noted that it had a decorative cutout at the bottom, which meant there is space beneath the bottom drawer, between it and the floor... So I pulled it out away from the wall. Turns out, the back panel ended about 4" up from floor level and there was just room for the remote to bounce off the wall and hide underneath!

Old 05-06-2022, 04:15 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
I opened a container of yogurt a few days ago, so now I have to eat it. I don't want yogurt, but I hate food waste. I'll eat it, but I won't like it.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:20 PM

10,018 posts, read 8,621,189 times
Yesterday I saw a yellow jacket crawling on the wall of my garage. He climbed into this little hole where a screw used to be so I tore off a small piece of gum I was chewing and sealed him in.
Today I saw a piece of gum crawling around on the ground and was about to stomp on it but didn't want gum stuck to my shoe so I decided to leave him with his own problem.

Old 05-06-2022, 07:24 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
If all else fails, universal remotes can be had pretty cheaply on Amazon...just sayin'.

Good luck in your quest!

If I could be there to help, I would. It is my superpower, finding misplaced things. My father in law heard his remote fall somewhere in the vicinity of his bed one night, and couldn't find it and was upset, and asked me to look. (He's 88 and it's hard for him to get behind and under stuff...) So I went and looked, and looked. Was stumped for a bit. My intuition kept pushing me to look in one area but after checking a bunch of times, it just wasn't there. (All around and behind the nightstand, where it made the most sense.) Then my eyes lit on the bottom of the furniture and I noted that it had a decorative cutout at the bottom, which meant there is space beneath the bottom drawer, between it and the floor... So I pulled it out away from the wall. Turns out, the back panel ended about 4" up from floor level and there was just room for the remote to bounce off the wall and hide underneath!
I know that ours is packed in a box. Which box in which area is the 64 million dollar question...

Old 05-07-2022, 07:18 AM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
My head is going to explode because Saved by the Bell was listed as Educational and Informative. If I use these three lemons to make calamari then I will have no lemons and some wise guy will say "try going to the store" and then I'll have hurt feelings as well as no lemons. The dishwasher is so loud I can't hear the video I just bought (The Ghost and Mrs. Muir). The dogwood tree is in full bloom but I'm afraid the rain will remove the beautiful flowers. I need to buy gasoline but it's raining and I don't have a raincoat, the coffee was hot when I put it in the cup but now it is not and I will have to live a lukewarm life hence on.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology