Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2021, 10:45 AM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,896 times

Advertisements

It snowed on my Brie.

I was taking a nice midnight snack (melted Brie, pears and crackers) out to work with hubby in his studio. The falling snow was lovely but my Brie got cooled too quickly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2021, 02:44 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
My Amazon delivery might not arrive till 10 pm!

Old 02-09-2021, 03:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
My Amazon delivery might not arrive till 10 pm!
Speaking of Amazon:

Many weeks ago I ordered a set of books from Amazon. I usually buy used books but this time I sprang for over $40 for a new set.

Weeks went by and no books. Finally I got a message - just the other day in fact - saying that I could ask for a refund, because apparently the books were lost. So I asked for a refund and got one.

Today the set of books was delivered.

SCORE, right?

Except now I'm wondering if they will come back to get the money.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:20 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,361,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Speaking of Amazon:

Many weeks ago I ordered a set of books from Amazon. I usually buy used books but this time I sprang for over $40 for a new set.

Weeks went by and no books. Finally I got a message - just the other day in fact - saying that I could ask for a refund, because apparently the books were lost. So I asked for a refund and got one.

SCORE, right?

Speaking of Amazon, there’s a post on Facebook “If we’d just get all Amazon drivers to administer the Covid Vaccines, everyone would be vaccinated by Saturday. “.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Speaking of Amazon:

SCORE, right?

Last year, I ordered a bunch of colored pencils from Dick Blick. The pencils got stuck in Kent, WA and seemed not to be budging. Meantime, I was planning to leave for a few days. I called Blick, who sent me my order ASAP and instructed me to call for packing label if the pencils ever arrived.

After my trip, my original order was walked to my front porch on a Sat. I figured out that the pencils had been delivered late, and to the wrong address, by good old Fed Ex.

Called for packing label, and was told to just keep the extra pencils.

If there was local Dick Blick, I’d probably visit weekly!

Old 02-11-2021, 11:59 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,052,275 times
Quote:
Last year, I ordered a bunch of colored pencils from Dick Blick. The pencils got stuck in Kent, WA and seemed not to be budging. Meantime, I was planning to leave for a few days. I called Blick, who sent me my order ASAP and instructed me to call for packing label if the pencils ever arrived.

After my trip, my original order was walked to my front porch on a Sat. I figured out that the pencils had been delivered late, and to the wrong address, by good old Fed Ex.

Called for packing label, and was told to just keep the extra pencils.

If there was local Dick Blick, I’d probably visit weekly!
This has happened to me on a couple of occasions with Amazon. They send me a new product and tell me to keep the original if and when it arrives (usually arrives a day later). Nothing that was over $100 though.

Old 02-11-2021, 12:20 PM

8,153 posts, read 8,361,909 times
I was going through serious caffeine withdrawal when my old perculator broke (only kind of coffee I make) and I quickly ordered one from Amazon that was to be delivered by Prime the next day. Five days later it never arrived and they sent a replacement. Three weeks later the original arrived and they told me to keep both. Since I am 71 years of age, I believe I have coffeemakers to last me until I no longer can make my own coffee!

Old 02-11-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
This has happened to me on a couple of occasions with Amazon. They send me a new product and tell me to keep the original if and when it arrives (usually arrives a day later). Nothing that was over $100 though.
This happened to me once when I ordered two things by accident.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:38 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,052,275 times
Quote:
This happened to me once when I ordered two things by accident.
Yeah...I think they looked at my purchasing history with them and say "this guy has spent A LOT of money with us, go ahead and let him keep both"...lol

Old 02-12-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
Yeah...I think they looked at my purchasing history with them and say "this guy has spent A LOT of money with us, go ahead and let him keep both"...lol
It is based on costs. Does it cost more to take a return? Does it cost us in customer good will?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology