Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 11:00 AM

188 posts, read 251,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
She's not as pretty as she'd like to think. She also exaggerates a lot by embellishing a story she is telling. Let's just say you can't always believe 100% of what she is saying.

Also something I notice about her and her 3 girls is that they all dress to show off their body i.e. very low cut tops and short skirts/shorts. Maybe if they grew up to dress classier they would have made classier friends. ?? The lady is dating again and the guy that she is dating is trying to get her to dress more conservative now and she seems to
This woman is a narcissist, possibly bipolar (mania evidenced by nonstop talking) as well and her children, who were never parented sufficiently- esp after the dad died and this mother could *not* cope- learned to get attention by appearing trashy, which led to them attracting trash, which led to only trash wanting to associate with them which led to them acting trashy all in a feedback loop while growing up. That simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 11:06 AM

993 posts, read 1,570,123 times
Quote:
Before anyone says to mind my own business,
I guess I'll exit the thread then.

I will say that it's a lot easier to do the wrong thing than to do the right thing most of the time. And if all the people around you are doing the wrong thing, then you have to be a particularly strong-willed person to do the right thing. Most of us aren't that strong-willed.

All you can do, OP and other posters, is be thankful that you had enough positive influences in your own life to know how to make good decisions.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
“Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do. But it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.”

― Dale Carnegie
And it takes just as much character and intelligence to recognize what needs to be condemned and what doesn't.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:25 AM

1,850 posts, read 1,150,651 times
I got to thinking also. The government hands out money to these type of people i.e. medicaid, food stamps why doesn't the government also make them go into some type program where someone can help them mentally to lead them in the right direction? Give them some life lessons. Teach them how to break the pattern. Just handing them out money again and again is enabling...more kids you have more money they give you. Where is the incentive to do better?[/font]

[/font]
[/quote]

Stop the handouts, they will stop voting democrat

Old 06-17-2014, 11:40 AM

14,373 posts, read 18,501,156 times
Quote:
She knows she loves the negative attention?

I unfortunately have to be around this woman at times even though it makes my stomach tense up. Next time she starts a long sad story about one of her kids or a story about how some random guy told her she is pretty, what can I do or say to let her know I don't really care to hear it?

I don't want to feed into her stories or to give her the attention that she seeks yet I want to be cordial because I do have to be around her at times...can't just walk away from her or avoid her totally. Thankfully it is very rare I see her kids.

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories. It really is helping me to get insight to this type personality and to understand a little more.
Respond with very neutral language.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Followed by silence and little in the way of facial reaction. She'll get bored.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:30 PM

7,707 posts, read 5,620,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
This woman is a narcissist, possibly bipolar (mania evidenced by nonstop talking) as well and her children, who were never parented sufficiently- esp after the dad died and this mother could *not* cope- learned to get attention by appearing trashy, which led to them attracting trash, which led to only trash wanting to associate with them which led to them acting trashy all in a feedback loop while growing up. That simple.
I tend to agree... well with everything except the certainty of her being a narcissist.

I also think that some people simply don't have common sense and if someone isn't born with common sense or it's not developed in childhood, they will never be able to develop it as an adult. Give me a choice between high intelligence and common sense, I'd choose common sense every time as it is more likely to lead to a happier life.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:41 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,453,791 times
Quote:
Why did all kids in one family turn out so wrong? Are some kids just born bad?
Lets not forget the impact of messed up mentalities that bring about messed up kids.

Think dictator. Then think about what their byproducts look like.

So no, it's not the kids' fault. No single person is born deficient, bad, or a lost cause. You look at their environment, not judge them for who they are.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
I got to thinking also. The government hands out money to these type of people i.e. medicaid, food stamps why doesn't the government also make them go into some type program where someone can help them mentally to lead them in the right direction? Give them some life lessons. Teach them how to break the pattern. Just handing them out money again and again is enabling...more kids you have more money they give you. Where is the incentive to do better?[/font]

[/font]

Stop the handouts, they will stop voting democrat[/quote]

Wait, did I miss something? OK I didn't read the entire post through but are they on welfare?

BTW, there are absolutely free social programs that work on life skills like parenting classes, conflict resolution, jobhunting skills, etc.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:25 PM

9,347 posts, read 20,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheretomove2014 View Post
I get that you're an obvious troll/crazyperson who is wrong on just about everything you said in your post but, I am pretty sure you're wrong on this too.

yep.... 100% WRONG.....

Old 06-17-2014, 01:31 PM

119 posts, read 302,201 times
Sounds like some of my family members and their issues go back several generations. I think the problems all stem from undiagnosed mental issues, inborn and/or some type of abuse, usually sexual. These people go on to breed with others similar to themselves and compound the problems their kids have. As others have stated, attention seeking behavior seems to be very commonplace. Some women are like the mother who talk too much and drool over random men's compliments and some like to prove themselves in front of others by talking with a foul mouth and threatening to fight anyone and everyone. As sade693 said, it also takes A LOT of effort and determination to break free of the mindset caused from being raised in a disturbed environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology