Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:37 PM

952 posts, read 943,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swmrbird View Post
I'm willing to venture a guess that perhaps you can only get women with low self-esteem. Because I promise there are plenty of women out there that have plenty of confidence and self-esteem - we're just too smart to waste it on guys like you

Apparently.

The last lady I dated rated me a 10

....on a scale of a 100

WTH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 08:45 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,815,541 times
Your post sort of reminds me of my ex who kept complaining about women not knowing what to do, being impatient or going to horrible relationships. Then in our argument (the day I ditched him) he was blaming women for his other failed relationships or would at certain times call himself a ''good guy'' (Why would someone need to praise themselves anyways?). Obviously I finally send him to hell. At some point no women would tolerate that sort of attitude.

That's part of the reason I had couldn't put up with it no more. What's so special about a man who's frequently putting fingers at us for all his failures and not even looking at himself in the mirror?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 PM

10 posts, read 21,288 times
Self steem comes from your own personality, not from looks or social status, Basically, how you are raised by your parents, if they valued you as a person and never put you down, has a big impact on children when they become adults. I don't think that American women only suffer from this low self steem epidemic, I think that our young generation in general, is plagued by these TV stars, plastic surgeries and the obsession of looking and being perfect...NO one, and listen well, no one will ever be 100% perfect, love yourself the way you are, attractive or unattractive, because at the end of the day, we all will get old and wrinkled and what is gonna be left will be your soul, who you are inside... Hope you guys agree too ...

Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,389,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Honest question, I don't know if women in other countries have the same problem but I have never dated or met a woman in this country who did not suffer from low self esteem, regardless of social status, family upbringing, accomplishments, etc

I have a coworker who is a pretty attractive girl in her early 20's, we went to the Iowa State Fair one night and she told me that she was very self conscious about her face(she has some very small acne scars) and her height (she is about 6'1"). She has no boyfriend and always complains about not being able to find one

I have never had a girlfriend who did not have low self esteem or was happy with herself, what the hell is wrong with our women??
I don't think it's the "media" to blame.

It's general society. We don't teach people confidence and self-esteem.

I feel for women, since they often place self-esteem on their looks. I refrain from acting more nicely to hot women since this only reinforces the trend.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:16 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,321,392 times
I do think you are the one who suffers from lack of self-esteem. You are constantly putting women down and blaming your relationship problems on them. It is never you, but always the women who are to blame. Maybe if you fixed yourself first, you would quit blaming others for your inability to find a woman to have a relationship with. I am a woman, and I don't have low self-esteem. It is true that you attract who you are, so work on yourself first.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:28 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,897,097 times
Sorry.Not all american women have low self-esteem. I think every woman has something that they wish they could change but not every woman feels that makes her less than beautiful. This sounds like a few isolated incidents.............this is not true for all people.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:35 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,838,484 times
I would think that the women that have little or no self esteem issues might not interest you. They aren't going to be people pleasers. They dress, groom and fix their hair in a way that pleases them and they probably don't care if you (or anyone else) approves or not. They already have a life. If they are confident beauties they are going to be well out of most men's leagues.

It takes most people (women included) time to figure out who they are and what they are worth. If by woman you mean mainly women under 30, it's normal that many of them are uncertain about life and are still finding their way.

And finally even people that really have it together have moments of self doubt and occasional difficulties. To be able to confide their concerns with friends or family without their worth being diminished by the listener is a necessary ingredient for true friendship. Are you a true friend?

Old 08-28-2010, 12:03 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,849,697 times
Quote:
Honest question, I don't know if women in other countries have the same problem but I have never dated or met a woman in this country who did not suffer from low self esteem, regardless of social status, family upbringing, accomplishments, etc

I have a coworker who is a pretty attractive girl in her early 20's, we went to the Iowa State Fair one night and she told me that she was very self conscious about her face(she has some very small acne scars) and her height (she is about 6'1"). She has no boyfriend and always complains about not being able to find one

I have never had a girlfriend who did not have low self esteem or was happy with herself, what the hell is wrong with our women??
Dude, it's not them, it's YOU..........seriously

Old 08-28-2010, 12:09 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,862,274 times
Quote:
Honest question, I don't know if women in other countries have the same problem but I have never dated or met a woman in this country who did not suffer from low self esteem, regardless of social status, family upbringing, accomplishments, etc.

For having low self esteem, they sure can be picky, demanding and willing to rush towards serious mistakes. Something doesn't jive here.

Perhaps every time they get near a man who appears to be the unrealistic TV/film version of what a man is supposed to be, they fall apart. All other men they treat like they are just so much trash. This is probably a recipe for almost everyone to be unhappy.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:11 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,497,027 times
i honestly feel that american women do not suffer from low self esteem. in fact i know a whole lota guys looking for such women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology