Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2011, 11:53 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,614,060 times

Advertisements

Austin HealthMate Air Purifier

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

After using a lightweight air purifier that did not do the job I wanted it to, I upgraded to the Austin HealthMate Air Purifier that was advertised as good to use for large rooms. I needed this air purifier to take care of a large family room and open space area flowing into a theater room. The powerful machine is capable of taking care of the air space in 1,500 square foot room. This is a great machine and able to do the job. It does not emit ozone and is effective in removing allergens, odors, chemicals, and just about any smell you want to get rid of. With two small breed dogs that hang out in the family room, this is a great choice. Guests won't even know you have a dog except by sight, as it should be.
The only disadvantages that I have found in the Austin HealthMate are the heaviness of the unit and the noise. The noise is not that bad and can be run when guests are over but I prefer to not have it on when watching a movie in the adjacent theater room. The machine is heavy but the manufacturer has created the unit to sit on four wheels which allows for an easy maneuver when you want to haul it somewhere else or put it away.
The long life filter and warranty are also great features of this purifier. The filters and pre-filters do not need to be changed every month or even few months. They truly are long-lasting as advertised. The carbon filter reads that it captures 95% of the tiny particles that make up odors and chemicals in the air. This means that the particles removed are down to the 0.1 micron. This is a machine that really cleans and purifies the air.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews