Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,637,564 times

Advertisements

Austin*Air HealthMate

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I got myself the Austin*Air HealthMate. I had been looking around for one that is cheap and reliable. I did not want to spend to much on this purchase, so it took me a while to decide that this was the one purifier I needed.
I think this was the best value for money that I've made yet. The air purifier does exactly what it is supposed to. It cleans the allergens that are in the room like dust, pollen, and mold spores. I have always been highly susceptible to allergens so I need to be careful about many things such as the air I breathe and things like that.
What I like about the product is the convenience that the manufacturers provide their buyers with. You don't actually have to replace the filters because it comes with the warranty and is changed every 5 years. I will probably replace the filters every 4 or 5 years though since I prefer to keep it on all the time. This is convenient since most air purifiers will require filter replacement every couple of months.
This filter is perfect for my house because the floor space is a bit large. It cancels out the allergens perfectly for me and it is only slightly noisy. If I run it on a low setting though the noise isn't that much but it can become a bother when cranked to full. A big plus for me as well is that this purifier does not emit ozone, and it is always a good idea to pick products that are eco friendly.
The item is priced at $450 which is very reasonable for an air purifier of this calibre. Sure there are better but you just can't beat this for the price.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews