Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:41 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,668,516 times

Advertisements

I was watching one of the cable news channels early this morning and sick vick was the topic of discussion.
They actually scrolled a list of the torturous things he did to the dogs. (I did not know the details of the 3 listed here.)
I knew it was going to be bad, but even the commentator could not stand to hear the list being read.
1.) One was that he actually strung dogs up in a noose in a tree and electrocuted them with jumper cables.
2.) Another was that he would take dogs in his pool and hold their heads under the water until their bodies became lifeless and they had drowned.
3.) The last was that he took family pets and thru them into the ring and applauded as the poor, suffering fighting dogs shredded up the poor little bait ones! Most were young puppies!
This man needs to vanish from the earth! His day will come. These are horrific things he did to those poor dogs. People will not forget.
A dog is mans best friend, we are supposed protect and take care of them and in return they give us unconditional love as long as they live! They lead the blind, walk for the ones who cannot and bring joy to those who suffer other ailments. They teach our children compassion.
Shame on you Vick, in my eyes you are not deserving of anything good or successful in your life.
Our country has become one of greed and it is not something to be very proud of! Shame!

Old 08-14-2009, 08:29 PM

7,222 posts, read 11,943,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Anyone want cheap Eagles gear? Head to the Salvation Army in Scranton...that's where mine will be. The Eagles fans who are supporting Vick are hypocrites...you know that if Vick was signed by the Cowboys, Giants, or Redskins, you would be blasting those teams and making fun of their fans left and right.

Are the Eagles the same team that showed T.O. the door? T.O. is a boy scout next to Vick....and honestly, T.O. actually could help this team now.

Signing Vick, especially after their rotten treatment of a true team leader and good man in Brian Dawkins, is despicable, and I refuse to support this team.

Luckily, Philly is now a baseball town, and the Eagles have to resort to circus sideshows like signing an ex-con animal abuser, to steal headlines from the Phillies.
I'm so with you dude! Clearly examining my faith as an Eagles fan at this point. I actually couldn't sleep last night. I know, I am very fortunate to have such a good life that all I need to worry about is football, but regardless it weighs heavily on my mind.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,715,644 times
The Iggles got him cheap $1.6 million and he will be able to step in when McNabb gets his annual BooBoo.

Old 08-14-2009, 08:43 PM

218 posts, read 756,044 times
convick is gonna wear Jaws # 7. Thought the Eagles might have retired that one, man I feel old.
Wonder how Dick Vermeil would feel about conVick on his squad?

Old 08-14-2009, 11:57 PM

723 posts, read 1,635,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatSayYou View Post
convick is gonna wear Jaws # 7. Thought the Eagles might have retired that one, man I feel old.
Wonder how Dick Vermeil would feel about conVick on his squad?
Unbelievable! What an insult to one of the greatest Eagles ever.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:39 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,899 times
I just got a new puppy yesterday--I can't imagine him being "bait" for any dogs that were raised to fight.

I can't believe the Eagles signed him--I really expected a losing team that didn't have much going for them to sign him or a team that didn't have a lot of morals to sign him..... I too am dismayed that the Eagles signed him. I expected more from that football club.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,705,340 times
If it makes a difference, Madden 2010 kept him very athletic and overall a high rating...

Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,624,794 times
Debates about professional athletes are always fun, because the bottom line has never changed. Let Vick throw just one touchdown pass at a key moment in an important game, and all the high-sounding morality goes right out the window. Not a single Eagles fan (or any of the people who suddenly declare that they cannot justify supporting the team now that Vick is on the roster) will utter a peep from that moment on. Vick will be declared a "winner," and his contract extended.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:58 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,683,616 times
I'm a baseball fan too, so was just thinking...

Considering the "receptions" ol AROD had received around MLB ballparks even before this Spring's (Steroid) mess:
Eagles' biggest problems will be on the road, where even "Ron Mexico" chants would probably pale in comparison. Don't want to imagine the "atmosphere" when they hit (especially) Dallas & NY!

Vick certainly was not the most upstanding guy to begin with. The Mediots will make this 1,000 Xs the spectacle that the Cowboys & TO -Eagles matchups were last year, and that was crazy! Hold on to your hats, Eagles fans. Vick is probably more despised than Barry Bonds, & ARod put together. (I'd add Selig, but that's pushing it too far, perhaps even for Vick.)

Vick will be beyond toast if he drops a ball in Philly. Beyond toast. I grew up @ The Vet. No mercy on their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football