Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,014,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
The explanation is poor. The defense has been horrible all year--how aren't they the cause?

Then are all these other receivers in the league overrated? A lot of passing numbers were high. Cruz had two catches today; his ONLY postseason.
Your response makes no sense. You justified their numbers due to a poor rushing game. Fine. Then you go into blaming the defense, which has nothing to do with the poor running game. So which is it? Are they a good passing team because of the poor running game or as it because of the poor defense? Again, add in the fact that they essentially did nothing in the first 3 quarters of most games against non-playoff teams and there you have it.

The team's poor rushing and weak opponents makes their statistics overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 07:22 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,875,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Completely overrated. They have an abnormal amount of receiving yards because their rushing game couldn't put up the numbers in the regular season. And much of that is in 4th quarter come backs where they basically did next to nothing for the first 3 quarters. Cruz is either focused or he isn't. He can't afford to drop passes in the post season. He currently is 4th in the league with 10+ drops/ The giants haven't beat anyone really impressive all year except the Pats--everyone else they have lost to.

The savior of this team is the D.
First off, who is rating either Nicks or Cruz as a top NFL receiver. They are both very good and they have the benefit of having, IMHO, the best passer in the game this year throwing it to them. No other top QB has had to carry their team the entire year like Eli has.
Your statement above is ridiculous. By your logic, Jimmy Graham is only successful because Brees throws the ball a ton. Megatron is over rated because Stafford throws it 45 times a game.

Reality is that it is more impressive that the Giants could not run the ball all year and still completed as many passes as they did. When defenses know that you can't run the ball, they key on pass rush and defending the pass.

You sound like a fan of the Iggles. Must suck.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Oh, and using your logic Calvin Johnson is overrated. Johnson over 1600 receiving; team was 29th in rushing.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
You brought up the defense first to justify your argument. I responded to that.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
Faulty logic. They went 9-7 in the regular season. If you count 7 losses as "didn't play" well...and then tack onto the fact that they've only beat 1 playoff worthy team during the season, essentially beating 8 'weak' teams with a running game that came in last in the NFL...then for two guys to get 1500+ yards passing is not impressive and definately overrated. Sorry.
Whatever..dont care anymore about the argument. You keep hating on the Giants and they'll just keep doing what they do best...win big games.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
So the entire passing game is overrated?
Who said anything about the entire passing game? I'm talking about Nicks and Cruz. Personally, as an opponent, I would always be more worried about Brandon Jacobs more than anyone else.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:31 PM

2,908 posts, read 3,875,332 times
Quote:
Who said anything about the entire passing game? I'm talking about Nicks and Cruz. Personally, as an opponent, I would always be more worried about Brandon Jacobs more than anyone else.

OK, it is obvious that you are trolling. Jacobs has been terrible all year. You are clueless.

Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Oh, and using your logic Calvin Johnson is overrated. Johnson over 1600 receiving; team was 29th in rushing.
Then by your logic they're basically equals. Who would you rather have Victor Cruz or Calvin Johnson? I'll wait for your answer...lol

Old 01-08-2012, 07:32 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times
Quote:
B Jacobs? Why? He finally had a good game for once.. Are you sure you watch all Giant games?

getting suspicious..troll alert

Old 01-08-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Whatever..dont care anymore about the argument. You keep hating on the Giants and they'll just keep doing what they do best...win big games.
I'm not hating, I think I just proved my point. Like I said, it's hard to predict. My only confidence is that the Giants have been here before. If I had to put the house on it...I'd go with Green Bay for the reasons that I've mentioned. The fact that Cruz and Nicks are overrated were just reference points. But like I said...Id be more worried about Jacobs than anyone on the offense. When he gets going...he is almost unstoppable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football