Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 01:38 AM

682 posts, read 2,422,698 times

Advertisements

Here's another video (it's a propaganda vehicle for PSU, but it's got some good shots of the city).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cijTcYgbWGI

Last edited by figmalt; 11-25-2009 at 01:39 AM.. Reason: fixed link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 08:02 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borus View Post
I have never seen traffic portrayed in such a peaceful way. What is up with you people??!! How do you make rain and commuting look so fun??
Maybe it's because when we're stuck in traffic, it can look like this...danged vegetation!(first one I just leaned out of the window)

Old 11-25-2009, 08:10 PM

112 posts, read 130,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Maybe it's because when we're stuck in traffic, it can look like this...danged vegetation!(first one I just leaned out of the window)

Aw cmon your makin me jealous.

would i be going off topic if I posted pics of what I see when I'M in traffic here in phx? Its really gloomy I promise *even tho the sun is blaring full force.

Old 11-25-2009, 08:17 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,469,564 times
Don't know...I thought my post was a bit OT ()...maybe a little OT can slide???....give it a shot. We'll probably both have our posts deleted ~

Old 11-25-2009, 08:31 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post

ahhhhh......I live here and never tire of the pics of the area

Old 11-26-2009, 09:17 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,354,462 times
Happy Thanksgiving! And a perfect one it is too. Gray and rainy with maybe a little blustery wind later today. I have my Christmas decorations up (a collection of Christmas trees in various sizes, colors and styles), the twinkling lights plugged in and candles lit. Soon I'll get the bird in the oven and work on the side dishes. My lovely family will be here to share it all with me. It's as cozy as can be and I'm so thankful to be here this year. Last year I spent the holidays in Mexico and it never felt right. Being here today gives me a great sense of well being and happiness. I wish I could share it with those of you out there yearning to be here.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:05 AM

234 posts, read 718,606 times
I was born and raised in the Portland area, and I hated all the rain and gloomy gray skies. But after living in Alaska for a while, I much prefer Portland.

This is going to sound crazy, but I miss the WARMTH and SUNSHINE of Portland!!! LOL!!! Never thought I'd say that, but it sounds really wonderful as I am sitting here in -10 degree Fairbanks. It is supposed to get down to -40 degrees this weekend, I would happily trade this for 35-40 degrees in Portland! Ah, sounds so nice. We don't get enough hours of daylight up here either, and it is REALLY getting to me and this NEVER happened while I lived in the Portland area. Even if it was rainy and cloudy, at least it wasn't SO COLD that you couldn't go outside for longer than 10 minutes. Up here it's pretty much impossible for me to do anything outdoors once it drops below -10 degrees. I can't wait to return home to Oregon! I miss my wonderful home state. And boy do I miss the friendly people!!! I never knew HOW friendly Oregon was until I moved to Alaska. Quite shocking, actually.

One thing anyone who has never lived in Oregon before will notice when they move to Oregon is the DRIVERS - people driving are so much friendlier in Oregon than in any other state I've been to. Traffic can get pretty hectic in and around Portland sometimes, but typically the people driving are nice and not speed demons like they are in other states.

I miss Oregon! I miss the sunshine and the warm temperatures!!! NEVER thought I'd say that

Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 AM

70 posts, read 212,174 times
wicked!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh thank you. once again you have made me want to be there RIGHT NOW!!!! alas, I have to wait. It's getting harder and harder to wait!!!!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:08 PM

5 posts, read 11,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I get really cranky when there are too many sunny days in a row. Portland is perfect for me - all year around.
I'm with you on this. This further confirms that Portland is the place for me.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:06 PM

682 posts, read 2,422,698 times
Gloomy season pics - photos ONLY-0104101539-00.jpg

Here's another one from PSU taken on 1/4 at about 3:30.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland