Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2008, 01:07 PM

80 posts, read 313,398 times

Advertisements

We're moving from Orlando to Portland, and (after much research and searching) we've found a house in West Linn to rent.

This is what I've found, please correct me where I'm wrong...
1) The schools in West Linn are 2nd only to Lake Oswego.
2) Other than housing, there isn't much in West Linn.
3) Much of West Linn is VERY nice (Barrington Heights), but even the non-millionaire parts are still relatively nice.

These are the things I'm curious about...
4) Are there any negatives to be aware of about West Linn?
5) Is West Linn growing, shrinking, stable, new, old, etc?
6) I've read about some political issues (embezzlement) in the town, any insight?
7) Any cool family things to do, or do we have to go downtown for that?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,722,086 times
You are accurate on all points, I can not remember the exact offical who was caught but I think it is resolved or is on the way to it. West Linn is big on the family and youth sports, your in range of 15 min to Portland, clackamas swim center, clackamas mall, or the other direction lots to do in portland, good place to live, I think if you buy smartly your investment will hold. good luck

Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM

216 posts, read 911,543 times
West Linn is considered a "bedroom community" since there is no reason to come in unless you live here. It is pretty slow paced with not much traffic in the actual city! Getting on 43 is so easy and convenient, and we hardly ever come across traffic on it (at any time of day). The schools are excellent, the community is strong, and we have beautiful parks for boating, hiking, swimming, running the dogs, etc. I also feel our location is great for getting to all means of recreation. We just moved here last August, but we were researching for a while prior to buying. So far we couldn't be happier and know we made the right choice. The families here are very involved, and very friendly with everyone!!

You are correct on your assessment in my opinion. Basically if you are looking for a beautiful, quite, and safe community, then this is a good choice for you!! Good luck and welcome to beautiful West Linn!

Old 01-18-2008, 02:39 PM

Default Comin' home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Girl View Post
You are correct on your assessment in my opinion. Basically if you are looking for a beautiful, quite, and safe community, then this is a good choice for you!! Good luck and welcome to beautiful West Linn!
Excellent! Thanks for the welcome, we don't even live there yet, and we already love it! Looking forward to be a resident!

Old 01-20-2008, 03:41 PM

107 posts, read 452,849 times
Default Just moved to West Linn 4 months ago..my thoughts.

Everything you are hearing is 100% accurate. We have found the nicest people around. The home prices for what you get seem resonable. We have two kids 5&7 and they love school and are involved now in alot of fun, new activities. Some things we like to do close to west linn are hiking at mary s young park, tryon state park and playing at all the local playgrounds. There is also a very fun indoor roller rink about 10 minutes away. Portland is not too far at all. we go on the weekends to the city for a change of pace. You will love it here.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 AM

33 posts, read 207,071 times
Default good choice...

You picked the right Portland suburb.
Not much excitement, but that also attributes to the low crime and safe, friendly neighborhoods that are family oriented.

The town is established with no "sprawl" feeling housing, and there are fun activities that begin in the Spring/Summer months, i.e. concerts in the park,(Tanner Creek park), weekly farmer's market,(Willamette area) and summer camps for kids, etc.

Also, your neighboring town is Lake Oswego which has many parks, as well as a cute downtown for shopping and walking.

Don't be hesitant to make the move.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Default Thanks all!

Thanks to everybody who responded, it's greatly appreciated!

We had a good feeling about West Linn, and now that the locals have confirmed it, we're excited to get there.

We confirmed our new residence, so it looks like we'll be neighbors!

Thanks again!
~ newest WestLinnder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland