Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM

846 posts, read 613,514 times

Advertisements

I think it is wonderful that the indigent have found the Pearl district. Perhaps it is time to make some signs and post them in the parks to show where the Pearl exactly is. OP, can we have your address?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 09:41 PM

775 posts, read 1,263,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoe11 View Post
I think it is wonderful that the indigent have found the Pearl district. Perhaps it is time to make some signs and post them in the parks to show where the Pearl exactly is. OP, can we have your address?
Well they just so happen to be migrating from where I currently live so my address wouldnt be much help

Old 09-13-2013, 06:52 PM

4,269 posts, read 3,370,896 times
Ha....just flew back from my first ever trip to the PNW (Portland)...I saw those people! They had a sign that said "Don't be afraid we love you" or something. Loved the Pearl, BTW. Where's our Stumptown Coffee and Powell's Books in SoCal???...oh and the wild Salmon hash at Mothers!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
Ha....just flew back from my first ever trip to the PNW (Portland)...I saw those people! They had a sign that said "Don't be afraid we love you" or something. Loved the Pearl, BTW. Where's our Stumptown Coffee and Powell's Books in SoCal???...oh and the wild Salmon hash at Mothers!
Good choice, though Mother's isn't my favorite breakfast place in Portland. It is too touristy, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed it there.

I use to work in the hotel industry and when a guest would ask me how to get to Powell's I would warn them to watch their wallets. Which they would give me this look of fear and ask me why, and I would tell them cause you are about to blow a lot of money on books.

Old 09-13-2013, 09:41 PM

4,269 posts, read 3,370,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good choice, though Mother's isn't my favorite breakfast place in Portland. It is too touristy, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed it there.

I use to work in the hotel industry and when a guest would ask me how to get to Powell's I would warn them to watch their wallets. Which they would give me this look of fear and ask me why, and I would tell them cause you are about to blow a lot of money on books.
First choice was Veritable Quandary, but they only have breakfast on weekends, apparently. Waffle Window was too far out (though I ended up in that area for nightlife both nights). I spent about 35 bucks in Powell's, only because I confined myself to like four rooms. I got the "Portlandia" book and a bunch of cool notebooks and pads.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:51 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,308,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losfrisco View Post
First choice was Veritable Quandary, but they only have breakfast on weekends, apparently. Waffle Window was too far out (though I ended up in that area for nightlife both nights). I spent about 35 bucks in Powell's, only because I confined myself to like four rooms. I got the "Portlandia" book and a bunch of cool notebooks and pads.
I have actually never eaten at the VQ, I have suggested it a million times but never made it there. My staple breakfast places are Genie's, Jam on Hawthorne, and Beesaw's. There is about a dozen or so other places I enjoy too, but those are my main ones. An old friend of mine and I would go to a new place each time we went out to breakfast.

I use to joke that you could go to a new place for breakfast once a week and never make it to every breakfast place in Portland, this rule also holds up with bars and pubs in Portland.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:22 PM

29 posts, read 58,400 times
Why all the panic now? Homeless have been camping in vacant lots one block from the Pearl for years. I use to live in Oregon, spent a few months last winter in Portland before moving to Hawaii in case I never made it back to the mainland. I walked around Portland early A.M. around town, the train depot, up through Washington Park, Burnside without incident as I had ten years before. At night most are camping in front of Nordstorm's not picking locks. Worst confrontations seen were in Pioneer Square in mid afternoon and first street by at the Max lines at dawn. Both have security too so....

F.Y.I. I miss Powell's, Trader Joe's and O.M.S.I. Powell's has a killer online store with titles starting at $1.00 that are not available at that price in store downtown. They ship for free after $50 or you can pick up at the downtown location for free. When you go online after your search feature pulls up your topic chose price low to high to get best deals. We received 11 books for $11 here in Papaikou last week of Kipling works and Jack London ordering from Amazon would have costed over $110. Great deals.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:27 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,548,282 times
My favorite brunch places: Sunshine Tavern, Mama Mia (new brunch, it is fabulous), Broder (wow, just wow), Tasty n Sons, Pine State Biscuits, the Heathman, Urban Farmer (make their own English muffins).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland