Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,250 times

Advertisements

I am from a small town in CA wanting to move to OR and interested in the town of Beaverton. I honestly don't know much about the town but would like to find out what the atmosphere, job opportunities, living situation and economy is like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2016, 06:45 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,930,255 times
Beaverton is a suburb of Portland about eight miles from Downtown Portland on the west side. There is a park one mile from every house in Beaverton so great for families and people with dogs. Nike HQ is located here and Intel is out in Hilsboro next door. It is pretty quiet here compared to my old street in Portland. I sleep better here. We have an independent coffee house, called Lionheart, off of Scholll's Ferry where I can get Stuptown. We are getting more of Portland's funky influence. People here are less hip but nice and helpful. Hope this helps.

Old 03-17-2016, 03:09 PM

628 posts, read 825,000 times
Apples and Oranges. Yet one could commute to NW Portland without too much trouble. If you work at Intel or Nike, it's not bad since they are close (although Nike is moving alot of administration jobs away from Beaverton to Hillsboro).

Old 03-19-2016, 04:42 PM

810 posts, read 858,284 times
not wading through 7 pages of responses but I have lived in Beaverton the last 18 years or so. It's a nice place. Close to Portland. I suppose some areas are shadier than others. I am sure people have posted that too.

We live in South Beaverton near Southridge HS. The area has grown a lot in the past few years. I feel completely safe where I live and do not fear walking outside after dark.

The rent has been getting higher also not sure how it would compare to the Pearl but maybe a little less here.

The school our daughter goes to is really nice and she loves it.

Old 03-19-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Beaverton is a suburb of Portland about eight miles from Downtown Portland on the west side. There is a park one mile from every house in Beaverton so great for families and people with dogs. Nike HQ is located here and Intel is out in Hilsboro next door. It is pretty quiet here compared to my old street in Portland. I sleep better here. We have an independent coffee house, called Lionheart, off of Scholll's Ferry where I can get Stuptown. We are getting more of Portland's funky influence. People here are less hip but nice and helpful. Hope this helps.
Lionheart where exactly is that located? I want to go try it out. I have never really been a fan of Starbucks

Thanks

Old 03-19-2016, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
Lionheart where exactly is that located? I want to go try it out. I have never really been a fan of Starbucks

Thanks
Lionheart is right near you. It is in that "mini mall" off of Scholl's Ferry about a block from the freeway entrance to the 217. The mall has a Big Red Bbq(?) and a Thai place called Thai Pasta. Lionheart is independent and has excellent coffee and feels like a bit of Portland in "the burbs".

Old 03-20-2016, 02:04 AM

It's by Big Red's.
I am going to go tomorrow or Monday and check it out. Thanks again for the information.

Old 03-21-2016, 01:37 PM

Checked out Lionheart coffee shop today. It was very good. I had a wonderful cup of coffee and my daughter had Italian soda.

We laso had a multi grain bagel that was tasty.

I plan on going back very soon thanks for the heads up about this place.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
Checked out Lionheart coffee shop today. It was very good. I had a wonderful cup of coffee and my daughter had Italian soda.

We laso had a multi grain bagel that was tasty.

I plan on going back very soon thanks for the heads up about this place.
I am glad you liked our cool coffe place in the hood! We are getting more independent food businesses in Beaverton and I am doing my part in promoting these awesome small businesses! There is a newish pizza place in "downtown" Beaverton that I want to try soon. I am still waiting for the tea house in Progress Ridge to open.

Old 03-21-2016, 02:45 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,642,809 times
Across the street from Lionheart (behind the Burger King) is Jet Set Coffee. The guys that run that place are super nice and make a good cup as well. They also have really great baked goods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland