Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 04:57 PM

469 posts, read 579,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilpin Girl View Post
Proof Libs either don't know the truth or don't care what the truth is?

Y'all talkin' about Limbaugh. Limbaugh isn't on Fox News. He doesn't have a show on Fox News. Barney Franks appears on Fox News more than Limbaugh does. Get a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Read the title of the thread then you get a clue.
Oh, excuse me. Please, proceed in demonizing anyone who doesn't walk lock step with liberal ideology. I didn't mean to make anyone lift their head and pay attention to the facts rather than their own frothing month fervor. Go ahead and hate everyone who doesn't think like you, walk like you, talk like you, act like you, dress like you, eat like you. Round 'em all up and throw into the volcano. I'm sorry I interrupted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2010, 04:59 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
There is no such creature as a non biased news source. You either find a news source that suits you, thus appears non-biased, or you don't. None of them are evil. And they all will have a deleterious effect from issue to issue, depending on your point of view. As long as society has a balance of bias it should muddle through.
Have you ever listened to NPR? Generally they just tell you what happened and move on, no weird opinion and no yelling and screaming. They have guests on certain programs and they actually debate and speak like NORMAL human beings. No calling each other names, no bitching and complaining.

When we listen to NPR and they have a little blurb about something that is interesting, I generally look it up and study it in more detail. I don't need a talk show host to tell me their opinion about it.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:07 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Why do fox/rush/hannity/beck lie and distort over and over?
You failed to answer the question. But answering a question with a question is what Dems do best!

Old 06-04-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Have you ever listened to NPR? Generally they just tell you what happened and move on, no weird opinion and no yelling and screaming. They have guests on certain programs and they actually debate and speak like NORMAL human beings. No calling each other names, no bitching and complaining.

When we listen to NPR and they have a little blurb about something that is interesting, I generally look it up and study it in more detail. I don't need a talk show host to tell me their opinion about it.
Yes, I do listen to NPR. NPR rarely has "Opinion Guys" who scream or bellow. Don't let the lack of volume fool you into thinking the straight news doesn't have bias. The straight news bias is the most dangerous bias of all. At least I know with Beck or O'Reilly or that Crotchety old man on CNN who reads the viewer mail what I'm getting.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:16 PM

1,653 posts, read 1,171,166 times
Quote:
Oh, excuse me. Please, proceed in demonizing anyone who doesn't walk lock step with liberal ideology. I didn't mean to make anyone lift their head and pay attention to the facts rather than their own frothing month fervor. Go ahead and hate everyone who doesn't think like you, walk like you, talk like you, act like you, dress like you, eat like you. Round 'em all up and throw into the volcano. I'm sorry I interrupted.
I sorry I didn't know you had such a bad case of victimization. Take two hours of Glen Beck so he can commiserate with you and call us in the morning.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
I sorry I didn't know you had such a bad case of victimization. Take two hours of Glen Beck so he can commiserate with you and call us in the morning.
Just between you and me, I can't stand Beck or Limbaugh or Hannity. All that visceral hate makes me nauseous. I can listen to these guys about 3 minutes longer than I can listen to Randi Rhodes or Jay Marvin or Keith Obermeyer. It's all so pointless.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:39 PM

1,089 posts, read 655,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, that's an easy one.

They expose the lies and scandals of the democrats/liberals, they give the OTHER side of the talking points from the Left.

The Left just absolutely HATES having their talking points and narrative challenged.
What talking points?

Old 06-04-2010, 05:40 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,593 times
Quote:
Just between you and me, I can't stand Beck or Limbaugh or Hannity. All that visceral hate makes me nauseous. I can listen to these guys about 3 minutes longer than I can listen to Randi Rhodes or Jay Marvin or Keith Obermeyer. It's all so pointless.

Who is Randi Rhodes and Jay Marvin? Never heard of them. I think you may have meant Keith Obermann? I don't listen to him because he's biased, along with the above mentioned right wing guys who are just like him.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Who is Randi Rhodes and Jay Marvin? Never heard of them. I think you may have meant Keith Obermann? I don't listen to him because he's biased, along with the above mentioned right wing guys who are just like him.

The first two are Air America. Randi is the one who got in trouble for saying something derogatory about Hillary Clinton. And your right I probably meant Obermann. He was a funny guy when he did espn.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:53 PM

Limbaugh use to have a 30 minute show here in Denver when I was in my 20's. I couldn't stand him then. I had a friend who thought he was brilliant. Yeah, brilliantly obnoxious. When I watch Fox News I stick to the more benign shows. When I watch CNN even the benign shows make me nauseous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies