Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 03:27 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times

Advertisements

SECNAV Announces Name of LPD 26, USS Murtha
The vast majority of comments on the article are totally against this idea because of how Murtha turned his back on the Marines and insulted them. Fine, name the ship after him. Just tow it out into open water and let the sailors and marines use it as dummy ship for target practice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,152 times
it will probably sink by itself before they get off the first shot

Old 04-28-2010, 03:31 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,638,902 times
Of all the fine people who have served this country they are going to name a ship after a backstabbing lunatic? Why am I not surprised. Of course, I am sure he is a hero to the left for pissing on the American military.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:35 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,097,524 times
Just when you think the left can sink no lower they want to honor this pig who I see as nothing more than a traitor, undermining our military and further putting our soldiers in harms way. Unbelievable!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM

412 posts, read 405,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
SECNAV Announces Name of LPD 26, USS Murtha
The vast majority of comments on the article are totally against this idea because of how Murtha turned his back on the Marines and insulted them. Fine, name the ship after him. Just tow it out into open water and let the sailors and marines use it as dummy ship for target practice.
Quote:
Of all the fine people who have served this country they are going to name a ship after a backstabbing lunatic? Why am I not surprised. Of course, I am sure he is a hero to the left for pissing on the American military.
Quote:
Just when you think the left can sink no lower they want to honor this pig who I see as nothing more than a traitor, undermining our military and further putting our soldiers in harms way. Unbelievable!
So what has Murtha, a former officer in the Marines, done to deserve so much hatred?

Old 04-28-2010, 04:45 PM

1,089 posts, read 656,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatermelonRat View Post
So what has Murtha, a former officer in the Marines, done to deserve so much hatred?
He said that those Marines that killed the people in Hatitha were "cold blooded killers." They were found not guilty.

I guarentee he has seen more combat than most of those dissing him. He's a hero in my eyes.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times
So now he has an airport and a boat named after him ?
When does the "City of John Murtha" happen ?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:47 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,557,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
He said that those Marines that killed the people in Hatitha were "cold blooded killers." They were found not guilty.

I guarentee he has seen more combat than most of those dissing him. He's a hero in my eyes.
Yep, before the investigation was even complete he was basicly telling the country via the press that those Marines were murderers and liars. The investigation and trial proved the Marines right and showed Murtha to be the backstabbing bold face liar he truly was.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM

419 posts, read 448,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I bet Murtha did more and cared more about the good of this country then you do crying and making 5th grade accusations about "them dare lefties" that you hypocritical stereotype all day on a internet forum.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:49 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,083,568 times
Unbelieveable this is how the "support our troops" nazis treat a recently passed vet. Eat glass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies