Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 09:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,343,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
LOL! I won't be holding my breath.
I know what Paul Volcker is supposed to be but he is the major advisor in the White House and has suggested the VAT. Of course, Dems will give away a lot if they go ahead with it but it is the best source of quick income to take care of their huge spending programs so maybe they have to have it. Yes, it is a wrong headed thing for them but they are talking in the leadership group of just such a thing.

BTW, do you know how much Greece's VAT has been since 2005 and that they folded up after that huge spending? Too much for us but I doubt they started as high as they ended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 PM

2,318 posts, read 1,901,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The number of votes the Dems hope they will be getting on November 2. How can people not vote for the people who have provided them with the right to not pay income taxes? It depends on your reasoning and I hope that they fail to get anywhere all of that 47% to the polls on that day. It will be interesting to see how they try to get those voters to come out for them when most of them will be home celebrating their earned income credit money.

They don't worry about it, they are bringing in the world to vote for them, only Americans will be without vote previledges .

Old 04-17-2010, 10:38 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,657,072 times
As far as I know, there is no VAT tax in the US, and the federal fuel tax has been set at 18.4 cents per gallon for years.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
As far as I know, there is no VAT tax in the US, and the federal fuel tax has been set at 18.4 cents per gallon for years.
There is talk of a VAT tax that has been pushed by Paul Volcker who is Obama's main advisor concerning things like that. One would hope that neither party is stupid enough to take a chance for the upcoming election but then I always hope that as many as possible Congress critters will begin to see the light, but we know that is a heavy load for them.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy&Me View Post
They don't worry about it, they are bringing in the world to vote for them, only Americans will be without vote previledges .
I have often said that I will believe that I will be allowed to vote this fall the day I walk in and am given my paper ballot to vote on. Surely they will find a way to keep all of us from voting.

I think they will get some kind of crisis that may cause an uprising going at which time they will declare martial law and probably not even have the election. They may not need all the amnestied illegals along with the few of the 47% that they can get to the polls.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:57 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,545,397 times
Quote:
I have often said that I will believe that I will be allowed to vote this fall the day I walk in and am given my paper ballot to vote on. Surely they will find a way to keep all of us from voting.

I think they will get some kind of crisis that may cause an uprising going at which time they will declare martial law and probably not even have the election. They may not need all the amnestied illegals along with the few of the 47% that they can get to the polls.
You wish. What's really gonna happen is that they'll nuke SC Kansas - just to p*ss you off.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
You wish. What's really gonna happen is that they'll nuke SC Kansas - just to p*ss you off.
Would Obama and Rahm actually do something like that?

I think that you need to worry about getting to vote next fall for the very reason I mentioned.

I just thought that they may well miss me if they don't know which side of SC Kansas I live in. There would have to be a wind blowing the radioactive cloud toward me if they hit the center. Maybe you need to call Rahm and tell him about this.

Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 AM

1,089 posts, read 657,188 times
Quote:
BTW, do you know how much Greece's VAT has been since 2005 aned that they folded up after that huge spending? Too much for us but I doubt they started as high as they ended.
Last year left-wingers kicked out the right wing government. It seems as they did what Bush did, spend into oblivion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies