Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 03:50 PM

2,422 posts, read 2,284,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If you were to beat a woman up and steal her purse, and as a result you shot a cop who was pursuing you for the crime, would anyone take this argument seriously? "Sorry about the purse thing, but that was then, this is now!"

Even kids find that sort of dishonesty contemptible.
How about explaining your argument a little better. All I was saying was we can't change what has been done in the past, we have to deal with the reality of today. Be a realist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 09:09 AM

3,644 posts, read 6,313,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The really deep issue here is the threats Iran has made if they are attacked.

They have suggested that if attacked, they will bomb all the oil production in the middle east.

that would send gas prices sky high. such an action is far worse than any fight between Israel and Iran that might result.
So oil prices are more important than national security? More important than honoring treaties with allies? The libs are always accusing the Republicans of starting a war for oil. I guess to you it really IS all about the price of oil. If we let opec decide our foreign policy then we are half way to losing our sovernity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I am not concerned with the past, current or future actions of Iran. I do not believe we have anything to worry about.

Except losing most of our fleet in the Persian Gulf if we attack Iran even with provocation.
They have a few surface to surface missiles with poor tracking. Our phalanx defense systems would make quick work of them. Most of their attacks on ships involve riding up in inflatable boats (or suicide attacks ala USS Cole). Those sorts of things don't work very well when the rules of engagement actually allow you to fire first like they would in a war. So, you are right that we don't have anything to fear in an conflict INCLUDING our fleet.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:15 AM

13,186 posts, read 15,002,014 times
The logic of a 3rd grader.

1. Because someone who is not the supreme leader of Iran.
2. Supposedly said five years ago.
3. One time only.
4. That "they will wipe Israel off the map"
5. But claims he was misquoted.
6. And has denied repeatly that he meant that.
7. Not to mention they don't even have the capability to do this in the face of US and Israel military might.

This is the excuse these Israeli apologists and warmongers will use to attack the Iran and bully their neighbors.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:20 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

3. One time only.
7. Not to mention they don't even have the capability to do this in the face of US and Israel military might.

This is the excuse these Israeli apologists and warmongers will use to attack the Iran and bully their neighbors.
I would not want to go into a street fight with you covering my back dude.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:57 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,334,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

3. One time only.

I dealt with your crap early in this thread. Back with the same LIES? Ok, here we go again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
hmmm... Every part of this is fabrication. Which should I tackle first?

LIE #1:
The OP is lying about Iran calling for Israel's destruction? That's laughable. A-jad, his predecessor, the Supreme Leader, the army chief of staff, generals, and members of parliament have all unambiguously threatened to destroy Israel.
Iran writes "Death to Israel" and "Death to the United States" on missiles exhibited on parade. Iranian MPs have boasted that they would use their nuclear weapons to destroy Israel. "Islam would survive the retaliation, but Israel will be gone forever."
Iran wants to destroy Israel - so what else is new?
Ahmadinejad: Destroy Israel, End Crisis

LIE #2:
"Iran has said numerous times they wish to live in peace with Israel"
That's so outlandish it's laughable. Look at my rebuttal to LIE #1. I also notice that you conveniently lack any source.

LIE #3:
"Iran has not attacked another Country in modern history"
Iran has attacked many, many times. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs. They are part of the Islamic Republic's military forces just as the Republican Guards are:
- The Islamic Republic created Hezbollah. Republican Guards are embedded within its ranks. Hezbollah is Iran. This Iranian proxy has attacked Israel many times, including starting a major war in 2006. It has showerd Israel's cities and towns with Iranian-supplied missiles.
The Iran-Hezbollah Alliance - The Israel Project

-Ditto for Hamas. It could not exist without Iran financing and weapons.
Hamas wages Iran’s proxy war on Israel - Times Online

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Cox & Forkum: Iran's Proxy War
Iran's Proxy War Against the United States and Iraq | Institute for the Study of War (http://www.understandingwar.org/report/irans-proxy-war-against-united-states-and-iraqi-government - broken link)
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
LiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-07-02-iran-hezbollah_N.htm - broken link)
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
- Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

I've supported my reply with many sources, and there are many more.
A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran?! Bring on more bullsh*t.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:03 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,421,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
So oil prices are more important than national security? More important than honoring treaties with allies? The libs are always accusing the Republicans of starting a war for oil. I guess to you it really IS all about the price of oil. If we let opec decide our foreign policy then we are half way to losing our sovernity.

Look bub, I didnt suggest anything. I simply pointed out one of the very real and very serious complications with dealing with Iran.

dont put words in my mouth.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:42 PM

15,137 posts, read 8,673,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It would seem that there is another option - actual intelligence:

Report: Iranian scientist defects to U.S. - Iran- msnbc.com
Apparently, MEMORY seems to be one of the major issues.

There was a "convenient" defector blowing the whistle on Iraq's WMDs too. You know ... those WMDs that Saddam Hussein threatened the world with?

"Fool me once ... errr ... uhh ... shame on ... shame on you ... fool me twice ... err uh ... you can't get fooled again!.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Have you ever been to that "filthy country"?

And during your education, did you learn anything about "treaties" - as in agreement?

And can you answer this: Why is Israel of such strategic national interest to us - the United States?
Because half the executive branch and congress are filled with dual-citizenship traitors?

I'll have you know that it is against US law to give aid to a country who has a nuclear weapon, and has not signed the Nonproliferation Treaty ... sinve you seem so interested in treaties.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
I've supported my reply with many sources, and there are many more.
A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran?! Bring on more bullsh*t.
So impressive ... the Washington Post ... the pinnacle of truthful media? You might as well cite a WHITE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE.

Good grief the stupidity here is astounding.

How about pointing NOT TO RHETORIC in the controlled mainstream news and citing an EXAMPLE?

Show us how the Iranian regime have invaded other countries ... subverted their governments ... changed regimes of other countries ... ?

While Iran was dealing with such subversions from outside, the US has invaded Southeast Asia ... Korea ... Granada ... Bosnia ... Iraq ... Afghanistan. Israel is continuing a 60 year slow ethnic cleansing of Palestinians ... several invasions of Lebanon .. stealing lands in Gaza and the Wet Bank ... constantly threatening Syria.

The fact is the only country ever to use a Nuclear weapon has been the United States. Not Iraq, not Iran no one else.

So save YOUR BS.

The newspaper and TV news are for the weak minds who need to be told what to think, as they can't think for themselves.

Yes that means you too.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,150,801 times
Yo Texas. It's the Washington Post. You know, 4 Pulitzer prizes this year alone for journalistic integrity. What is on your reading list aka (beacon of truth)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies