Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:00 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,563,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And can you answer this: Why is Israel of such strategic national interest to us - the United States?
It isn't. Our unaccountable and masochistic relationship with Israel has been an enormous liability to our security and international position since its inception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 06:37 AM

20,856 posts, read 17,282,358 times
Hubris on the part of Israel and hubris and insanity on the part of Iran. Not a good cocktail.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:41 AM

2,421 posts, read 2,300,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
hmmm... Every part of this is fabrication. Which should I tackle first?

LIE #1:
The OP is lying about Iran calling for Israel's destruction? That's laughable. A-jad, his predecessor, the Supreme Leader, the army chief of staff, generals, and members of parliament have all unambiguously threatened to destroy Israel.
Iran writes "Death to Israel" and "Death to the United States" on missiles exhibited on parade. Iranian MPs have boasted that they would use their nuclear weapons to destroy Israel. "Islam would survive the retaliation, but Israel will be gone forever."
Iran wants to destroy Israel - so what else is new?
Ahmadinejad: Destroy Israel, End Crisis

LIE #2:
"Iran has said numerous times they wish to live in peace with Israel"
That's so outlandish it's laughable. Look at my rebuttal to LIE #1. I also notice that you conveniently lack any source.

LIE #3:
"Iran has not attacked another Country in modern history"
Iran has attacked many, many times. The Iranian proxy armies are financed, trained, militarily supplied, and directed by the mullahs. They are part of the Islamic Republic's military forces just as the Republican Guards are:
- The Islamic Republic created Hezbollah. Republican Guards are embedded within its ranks. Hezbollah is Iran. This Iranian proxy has attacked Israel many times, including starting a major war in 2006. It has showerd Israel's cities and towns with Iranian-supplied missiles.
The Iran-Hezbollah Alliance - The Israel Project

-Ditto for Hamas. It could not exist without Iran financing and weapons.
Hamas wages Iran’s proxy war on Israel - Times Online

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
Cox & Forkum: Iran's Proxy War
Iran's Proxy War Against the United States and Iraq | Institute for the Study of War (http://www.understandingwar.org/report/irans-proxy-war-against-united-states-and-iraqi-government - broken link)
http://noblesseoblige.org/wordpress/...ories-located/
LiveLeak.com - Hezbollah Brigades in Iraq: IED on US Humvee, Canal Street Baghdad
U.S.: Iran helped in deadly Iraq strike - USATODAY.com (http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2007-07-02-iran-hezbollah_N.htm - broken link)
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblog...k_for_iraq.asp
- Army News, news from Iraq, - Army Times

I've supported my reply with many sources, and there are many more.
A peace-loving, innocent Islamic Republic of Iran?! Bring on more bullsh*t.
You are correct, but Isreal is no angel in all of this.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post

-The Islamic Republic is responsible for thousands of American casualties in Iraq:
One man is responsible for every single American casualty in Iraq. He lives comfortably in Texas off of our largesse.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:58 AM

2,421 posts, read 2,300,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The problem is blatant hypocrisy, and total arrogance on the part of Israel and the United States who has been subverted by the most arrogant, racist regime on planet earth today.

The United States continuous subversion of Iran's internal affairs for the better part of 60 years is well documented, including the encouragement of Iraq and the CIA's puppet, Saddam Hussein's war with them, including the WMDs provided by the US to Iraq to be used against the Iranians.

The fact that it is against US law to provide foreign aid to any country who possesses Nuclear weapons who have not signed the non-proliferation treaty (Read: Israel), compounds the tensions, along with making every congressman, and every executive administration who have supported such aid to Israel as criminals and traitors. THAT IS A FACT.

Just as importantly, Iran has not invaded any country ... unlike the US, Israel, and Iraq (acting on US encouragement). Iran has been the victim of constant outside interference and threats, so if they truly desire such weapons (which they deny), who could blame them? Israel makes no secret of their ill intent toward Iran, so any threat Iran may pose to Israel is within the framework of defending themselves against the real, and well demonstrated threat Israel poses to the entire region.

I know this is not the common understanding among the American people, as they've been propagandized for so long now by the Jewish controlled media, but those are the facts, nonetheless.

If the United States would endeavor to act responsibly, and conduct our foreign policy with an even, and legal hand, rather that allow Israel to terrorize and threaten it's neighbors in the region CONSTANTLY ... a spirit of cooperation between the Jews and Arabs and Persians might become possible. But so long as it is a completely one sided affair, with Israel demanding total hegemony over the entire region, fear and resistance to that scenario will continue, justifiably.
That was then this is now! Thanks for the history lesson, but it doesn't change the way things are right now. Iran is a rouge nation and must be stopped. I am one who believes one of the reasons we invaded Iraq, was to position ourselves offensively against Iran. You need to wake up, Iran is the new breeding ground for terrorists that are bent on our destruction and will use any means including nukes to achieve this.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
That was then this is now! Thanks for the history lesson, but it doesn't change the way things are right now.
If you were to beat a woman up and steal her purse, and as a result you shot a cop who was pursuing you for the crime, would anyone take this argument seriously? "Sorry about the purse thing, but that was then, this is now!"

Even kids find that sort of dishonesty contemptible.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 AM

15,268 posts, read 8,819,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Is your thinker connected to your typing fingers?

Iran is THE Number 1 State sponsor of terrorism in the world.

good grief.
I've got news for you pal ... that Title belongs to the United States & Israel, via CIA/MOSSAD.

Including, 911.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:28 AM

15,268 posts, read 8,819,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Are you finished apologizing for Iran yet?

Your entire premise leans on Israel's "ill-intent towards Iran." You should qualify this statement if you're going to outright ignore Iran's "wipe Israel off the face of the map" comment.
Yes, I'm aware of the selective editing of this ... and played over and over, ad nauseam. "Should Israel attack us, we will wipe Israel of the map" ... is just slightly different than the more popular, sanitized version of the statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Supposing you knew anything about Biblical prophesy, are you able to stop apologizing and understand that all of this is part of a grander plan, and not just some geopolitical farce perpetrated at the hands of a few demogogues?
I understand all too well the self described Judeo-Christian fundamentalists who believe that Jesus's return to rule the earth in peace for a 1000 years is predicated upon the fulfillment of the prophesied Armageddon taking place in the holy land, and that they'd like to hurry that along by facilitating that outcome. They also believe they won't have to suffer the consequences because they will be "raptured", and can look on in safety.

And I'm also aware of Jesus's statements alleging that the false Jews are of the "Synagogue of Satan".

For some of those very religious "Judeo-Christian" folks out there ... they're just a bit confused IMHO.. as Judaism and the Christian religion have about as much in common as far as an agenda goes, as a Lion and an Antelope.

I think they are nuts, and if there is a God of the universe .. a God I could identify with, he will not be the one which espouses the death, destruction and eternal damnation stuff, nor will he be smiling upon those who instigate and are the aggressors in such an atrocious act of mass murder as would be the case with a Nuclear assault on people in order to facilitate armageddon.

But that's just me. Maybe your God, and theirs, actually likes the idea of a grand entrance which is paved by rows of mushroom clouds.

Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I think they are nuts, and if there is a God of the universe .. a God I could identify with, he will not be the one which espouses the death, destruction and eternal damnation stuff, nor will he be smiling upon those who instigate and are the aggressors in such an atrocious act of mass murder as would be the case with a Nuclear assault on people in order to facilitate armageddon.

But that's just me. Maybe your God, and theirs, actually likes the idea of a grand entrance which is paved by rows of mushroom clouds.
Oh, but he does, and how he does...and that is the problem here, we are not arguing with these people on the basis of either a universal standard of fairness or even that of parochial national self-interest, but on the basis of ancient, psychotic fairy tales, which were not even very good when they were new.

Old 04-13-2010, 03:21 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,847,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Moving towards nuclear abilities with a death target on Israel. The U.S. China trying to negotiate sanctions which most believe will never work and Israel making plans. Just asking. Would like to know who thinks what.....?
Iran may get 1 Nuke, how many Nukes does Israel have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies