Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:24 AM

68,361 posts, read 54,571,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

No benefit to the US? What a narrow view.

Amazing how quickly the anti-Israeli sentiments come out of the woodwork.

Oh BULL with this anti-Israeli crap!

Just how has bringing democracy to the Iraqis, which my comment referred to, benefitted the US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 08:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
So this VP goes to the middle East to launch a fresh start to the Peace negotiations (what a joke) and at the same time
"Just hours before Mr Biden's arrival on Monday, the Israeli defence ministry approved the construction of 112 new housing units in the West Bank settlement of Beitar Illit. " quote from BBC

Biden, come back home, the joke is on you, go read to some children in a classroom or something
I don't get it. Why is the joke on Biden? It seems to me the Israelis didn't communicate with each other.

Old 03-12-2010, 08:41 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,732,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Joe Biden snubs Israeli PM after surprise announcement to build homes on war-won land during U.S. vice president's visit | Mail Online

What a disaster of a foreign policy.

Grovel/embrace/apologize to your enemies, back stab/shun/alienate your allies.

"Smart power" indeed.

Arriving intentionally late is arrogant. The least he could have done is bow to the PM once he arrived.

[sarcasm off]

Old 03-12-2010, 09:47 AM

563 posts, read 1,288,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't get it. Why is the joke on Biden? It seems to me the Israelis didn't communicate with each other.
Either the Israelis didn't communicate with each other, or they did, but did not bother informing Biden beforehand. In any case, the VP was embarassed.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,782,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Sebring View Post
Either the Israelis didn't communicate with each other, or they did, but did not bother informing Biden beforehand. In any case, the VP was embarassed.
Biden didn't have anything to do with it. Israel is actually changing their law to make sure they don't screw up again.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:10 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,893,475 times
Biden has Jewish grandchildren. I certainly hope he educates himself on the importance of supporting Israel, for their sake.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Beitar Illit is a HUGE "settlement." It is not going anywhere, it never will go anywhere. Furthermore, it was never a condition of peace talks to freeze building in settlements that are not up for dismantling. You cannot dismantle Beitar. It is a city, for pete's sake.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
The joke has been America for at least a half century, and now trying to change it is a joke? Why should America be Israel's puppet?

Please drop "Einstein" from your screenname. He was an avid Israel supporter, having narrowly escaped Hitler's ovens himself. I'm quite certain he would not want someone like you using his moniker. Blech.

Not to mention that it's an entirely inappropriate way to refer to yourself, for other reasons . . .

Old 03-12-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Being against Israels Foreign Policy doesn't make someone anti-semetic, so don't play that card.
It sure as hell does, when that "foreign policy" is merely about survival and yet it draws objections from you Jew-haters, who start frothing at the mouth because Jews won't go peaceably to our deaths. We aren't going to let ourselves be murdered again. So get over it and move on.

Being against Israel's "foreign policy" is also antisemitic when one chooses to ignore, make that IGNORE, all the aggregious actions of the surrounding Muslim/Arab countries.

You are as transparent as water, though not as pure and clean.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:32 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,239,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
It sure as hell does, when that "foreign policy" is merely about survival and yet it draws objections from you Jew-haters, who start frothing at the mouth because Jews won't go peaceably to our deaths. We aren't going to let ourselves be murdered again. So get over it and move on.

Being against Israel's "foreign policy" is also antisemitic when one chooses to ignore, make that IGNORE, all the aggregious actions of the surrounding Muslim/Arab countries.

You are as transparent as water, though not as pure and clean.
that is a load of crap and you know it. i don't agree with christian belief, but I am by no means anti-christian. most of my family is christian and i still love them. i'm anti-gang, but that doesn't make me anti-black or anti-latin or anti-anything else for that matter. just because one disagrees with israeli policy doesn't mean they have problems with jews as a whole. no one here is saying that the other countries in the middle east are angels. your logic is flawed. why the chip on the shoulder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies