Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,014,795 times

Advertisements

By the way one world citizen aren't you pointing the Fickel Finger of Fate yourself by blaming and not seeing the other side of things?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 10:31 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,079,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I have no health care and i do not want the government to be in my business period.
dear, dear, Dumbdown...

I'm certainly impressed that you have no health care.

You just keep proving to me how smart you really are....

Please don't talk to me.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:34 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,085,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Legislation to fight global warming?
The "global warming" is killing me. Dallas has more snow right now from any 24-hour period than ever in recorded history.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:42 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,014,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
dear, dear, Dumbdown...

I'm certainly impressed that you have no health care.

You just keep proving to me how smart you really are....

Please don't talk to me.
I will throw away my BRITANICA set since you know every thing and just consult you...right and you do not insult no one...right...then quit responding to my posts.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You said Obama isnt blaming Bush.
Remember these?

Topic isnt about you, its about Obama placing blame and you claiming Bush had nothing to blame on Clinton.

If you are going to link to a chart that comes from the CBO.. Link to the CBO charts.. not ones that ignore VERY important facts.. The chart ignores intragovernmental borrowing, which ran DEFICITS during those imaginary surplus years.. The ONLY way to view a surplus is by IGNORING other deficits and lying.

Even better chart, "Federal Budget Deficit as a PERCENTAGE OF GDP"..

But percentages of a budget is NOT real dollars..

Check out
The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

I mean seriously, do you think I havent seen the imaginary claims of surpluses before?
Since you said I was blaming something on Bush, I asked you what it is I blamed on Bush. I am still waiting for an answer...

And I don't think I said Obama is not blaming Bush. I said it is not true that Obama is doing nothing but blame others. That is quite a different thing as I am not saying Obama does not blame Bush at all. And he might be right in blaming some things on Bush.

Yes, indeed, when comparing the situation Obama inherited from Bush and that Bush inherited from Clinton, it is just another world. I really don't envy Obama...

Regarding the charts, frankly I trust the CBO more than those conservative sites you got yours from Of course I could spend a quarter of an hour now and look for charts and articles refuting the inter-governmental borrowing stuff, which we both know are out there, just like anything is out there one might be looking for. But I won't...

Old 02-13-2010, 11:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Since you said I was blaming something on Bush, I asked you what it is I blamed on Bush. I am still waiting for an answer...
I never stated you were blaming Bush.. Lets review what I said..
Quote:
No he didnt.. Please become educated before you post again..

See that 2001 drop, which happened for 2 quarters in a row? Thats a RECESSION, and Bush took office 1st quarter 2001..

I do note a difference because Bush understood he was the commander in chief, and responsible for the economy. I dont recall Bush ever blaming Clinton, but I guess thats the difference between a leader, and a community organizer.
Quote:
And I don't think I said Obama is not blaming Bush. I said it is not true that Obama is doing nothing but blame others. That is quite a different thing as I am not saying Obama does not blame Bush at all. And he might be right in blaming some things on Bush.
Obama is commander in chief, and in charge. By continuing to blame others for HIS FAILURES, he is showing his weakness and his own lack of ability.
Quote:
Yes, indeed, when comparing the situation Obama inherited from Bush and that Bush inherited from Clinton, it is just another world. I really don't envy Obama...
Regarding the charts, frankly I trust the CBO more than those conservative sites you got yours from
Funny, you didnt mind linking to a liberal site instead of the CBO
But the CBO does not track the national debt.. they track costs associated with bills. The Treasury department tracks debt.. so lets examine the national debt shall we from the Treasury Dept?
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 1950 - 1999
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2009

Tell me what year according to the treasury dept, there were surpluses?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,160,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Obama's Accomplishments?
Ummmmm.....he got a dog?

But let's be realistic, here.

I'm not an Obama supporter, nor did I vote for him.

Republicans all the way up to Bush Jr's eighth year, were blabbering about how you still have to give him that last year to accomplish something, anything positive and to secure his legacy.

Yet, three months into Obama's tenure as President. Those very same Republicans were suddenly drooling from the corners of their collective mouths, foam gathering on their lips, hands down their pants (member in hand) and proudly proclaiming ......'See, it's been three months and he hasn't done anything ....blah...blah...blah...."

Funny how Bush gets the benefit of the doubt for the full eight years, lol. And Obama has to do more than Bush, in three months. I mean, you can't make this sh*t up. It writes itself.

Not to mention Republicans have become the roadblocks and brickwalls of progress of any kind. In fact, they're desperately trying to accomplish de-evolution on the basis of their lunatic religious beliefs; in many areas of society.

Not that Democrates and Liberals are any better. They're parties of complete and utter bullsh*t.

So let's see what Obama can nudge over the wall of Republican stupidity.

And let's see what more damage excessive and extremist liberalism can deliver to our country, in the next three years.

Let the partisan hypocrisy and partisan plague .....continue to destroy our country.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,861,032 times
Quote:
I never stated you were blaming Bush.. Lets review what I said..

Obama is commander in chief, and in charge. By continuing to blame others for HIS FAILURES, he is showing his weakness and his own lack of ability.

Funny, you didnt mind linking to a liberal site instead of the CBO
But the CBO does not track the national debt.. they track costs associated with bills. The Treasury department tracks debt.. so lets examine the national debt shall we from the Treasury Dept?
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 1950 - 1999
Government - Historical Debt Outstanding - Annual 2000 - 2009

Tell me what year according to the treasury dept, there were surpluses?
Actually, the Revenues/Outlays chart on the CBO homepage (not a liberal site) also shows that things were fine till 2001

Old 02-13-2010, 01:13 PM

1,461 posts, read 1,535,778 times
Quote:
oohh please... The collapse of the US economy was stopped by Bush before he left office. Remember that bailout bill?

Obama hasnt done CRAP to avoid a recession.. Even his stimulus package hasnt even been spent. Less than 1/3rd of the "plan" has been put into place.
The bailout bill was passed, but others were not and the administration of the bailout $ was left up to Obama. Its most effective application is being held up by the GOP. A recession is better than a depression and economic indicators are up in some areas now and in some regions. There would be no need for a bailout if the GOP had not wasted the what Clinton left. Even the national debt was starting to be paid off when Clinton was in office. Look at the link in the posting above; the national debt doubled under Bush.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:50 PM

634 posts, read 1,563,320 times
Default Hey Dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
I have no health care and i do not want the government to be in my business period.We are in this mess because of free entitlements[SSI,MEDICARE]that is bankrupting this country. Health care needs reform but not 2700 pages of pork and 1 yr of wasted time.I wonder how much tax-payer money has been wasted on this so far. At 2700 pages for each Congress-person,want to be political correct they killed a hell of a lot of TREES...LOL LOL LOL...WHERE ARE THE TREE-HUGGERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? You have to cut taxes to promote growth its been proven to work and live within your means something they don't understand.Please don't wish your life away,old age comes around fast enough,being in pain every day is no fun .Besides why would you want the government to run anything they lose money...Amtrak,Medicare,Social Security?Now they are robbing SS to pay the bills & interest on these Chinese loans we will never get out of this crippling debt.
Why would you thinK the government has these programs for PROFIT?

"Besides why would you want the government to run anything they lose money...Amtrak,Medicare,Social Security?"

They have been created for the public good, not for profit.

"You have to cut taxes to promote growth its been proven to work and live within your means something they don't understand"

Yeah cut taxes to promote growth was how it was sold to us when the top 1% got a big tax cut, from Bush of course! That goes back to the VooDoo Economics of the Reagan era when they tried to tell us the same thing then. Theoretically when the wealthy pay less taxes they stimulate the economy by giving us poor folks a job- GUESS WHAT THEY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT LUXURY STUFF AND DID NOT GIVE ANYBODY A JOB.

I think you need to look into some of the economics and other issues from a historical perspective, and stop trying to figure out this mess with sound bites from the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies