Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 09:57 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,926,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You offered nice proof. Blame, blame blame - that's all Obama and his administration knows how to do. The Bushes or Reagan didn't blame their predecessors. Obama refuses to accept responsibility for his stupid decisions.
What many of you really don't like about it, is that the shoe fits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,880,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
You offered nice proof. Blame, blame blame - that's all Obama and his administration knows how to do. The Bushes or Reagan didn't blame their predecessors. Obama refuses to accept responsibility for his stupid decisions.
What should baby Bush have blamed on Clinton? He inherited a sound economy, sound finances...

Old 02-13-2010, 10:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,357,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I certainly won't watch your videos. Obviously they are biased, Youtube is full of Obama and Palin haters posting videos that supposedly prove their respective points.
Right.. so now Obamas OWN VOICE, is biased against Obama..
Quote:
By the way, on the preview frame of the first video it says Obama admits he hasn't connected with Americans. Doesn't sound like someone doing nothing but blame others
Hit play.. or are you too scared?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
What should baby Bush have blamed on Clinton? He inherited a sound economy, sound finances...
No he didnt.. Please become educated before you post again..

See that 2001 drop, which happened for 2 quarters in a row? Thats a RECESSION, and Bush took office 1st quarter 2001..

I do note a difference because Bush understood he was the commander in chief, and responsible for the economy. I dont recall Bush ever blaming Clinton, but I guess thats the difference between a leader, and a community organizer.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,083,387 times
Sweetheart,

Wow. I just tried to be nice to you and after posting a response to you, this post is what I found...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
One World Citizen...your name says it all,read the Bible,take the mark,laugh if you want.THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT IS NEAR .
in case you missed it, here's what I posted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post

Now that you're not yelling at me we can talk....

Pointing fingers, calling names and insulting people never will accomplish what needs to be done in Washington or anywhere else.

If you read my many posts, you'll discover that I'm not unaware of how our country has gotten into debt.

Our country is in trouble because Washington refuses to work together on problems.

Neither party has the answers but laying down the axes and rolling up their sleeves, we might actually find some way to make things better for every American.

btw -- you said, "your life is nearing the end". Sometimes wish I was older... as you also said, "You grew up in better times"... Now, because of a democrat, no matter what happens to you, you're always going to have health insurance.
In response to your last post, my screen name is not One World Citizen....

But, you'll be happy to know that I've had other small minded "christians" on city data "straighten me out"...
One even tried to make my screen name into some kind of cult name.

Just so you know, I actually attended a christian Bible College. In my life, I've spent time working with people less fortunate.

but...

The Republican party is full of self righteous, closed minded people like you who talk about their God and use judging, name calling and screaming at other people as a defense for their lack of compassion. That is exactly why nothing gets done in Washington. That is also why so many "lefties" want nothing to do with your God.

Unfortunately, I voted Republican for many years. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

You really should visit City Data's Christianity Forum. It sounds as though you'd fit in well over there.

But, dear,... in just a few short posts you've earned a coveted spot on my Ignore List.

Have a blessed day!

Last edited by World Citizen; 02-13-2010 at 11:03 AM..

Old 02-13-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Right.. so now Obamas OWN VOICE, is biased against Obama..

Hit play.. or are you too scared?
I only like Youtube music videos. I won't waste a quarter of an hour watching your videos. If you have something to say, write it here.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
I only like Youtube music videos. I won't waste a quarter of an hour watching your videos. If you have something to say, write it here.
Is this to many words for you?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No he didnt.. Please become educated before you post again..

See that 2001 drop, which happened for 2 quarters in a row? Thats a RECESSION, and Bush took office 1st quarter 2001..

I do note a difference because Bush understood he was the commander in chief, and responsible for the economy. I dont recall Bush ever blaming Clinton, but I guess thats the difference between a leader, and a community organizer.
Hm, what exactly did I blame on Bush? I don't remember
Nor did I say that the good economy and balanced budget were Clinton's merit alone, I just asked what Bush could have blamed on Clinton...

Nice chart on the budget:
http://www.headybrew.net/images/content/budget_deficit_or_surplus.gif (broken link)

Old 02-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Hm, what exactly did I blame on Bush? I don't remember
You said Obama isnt blaming Bush.
Remember these?
Quote:
Quote:
Who says he is doing nothing but blame others?
Topic isnt about you, its about Obama placing blame and you claiming Bush had nothing to blame on Clinton.
Quote:
Nor did I say that the good economy and balanced budget were Clinton's merit alone, I just asked what Bush could have blamed on Clinton...

Nice chart on the budget:
http://www.headybrew.net/images/content/budget_deficit_or_surplus.gif (broken link)
If you are going to link to a chart that comes from the CBO.. Link to the CBO charts.. not ones that ignore VERY important facts.. The chart ignores intragovernmental borrowing, which ran DEFICITS during those imaginary surplus years.. The ONLY way to view a surplus is by IGNORING other deficits and lying.

Even better chart, "Federal Budget Deficit as a PERCENTAGE OF GDP"..
http://www.heritage.org/research/features/budgetChartbook/Images/debt-deficits_05-2-850.jpg (broken link)

But percentages of a budget is NOT real dollars..

Check out
The Myth of the Clinton Surplus

I mean seriously, do you think I havent seen the imaginary claims of surpluses before?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:26 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,017,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Now that you're not yelling at me we can talk....

Pointing fingers, calling names and insulting people never will accomplish what needs to be done in Washington or anywhere else.

If you read my many posts, I'm not unaware of how our country has gotten into debt.

Our country is in trouble because Washington refuses to work together on problems.

Neither party has the answers but laying down the axes and rolling up their sleeves, we might actually find some way to make things better for every American.

btw -- you said, "my life was nearing the end" sometimes wish I was older... as you also said, "You grew up in better times"... and now because of a democrat, ... no matter what happens to you, you're always going to have health insurance.
I have no health care and i do not want the government to be in my business period.We are in this mess because of free entitlements[SSI,MEDICARE]that is bankrupting this country. Health care needs reform but not 2700 pages of pork and 1 yr of wasted time.I wonder how much tax-payer money has been wasted on this so far. At 2700 pages for each Congress-person,want to be political correct they killed a hell of a lot of TREES...LOL LOL LOL...WHERE ARE THE TREE-HUGGERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM? You have to cut taxes to promote growth its been proven to work and live within your means something they don't understand.Please don't wish your life away,old age comes around fast enough,being in pain every day is no fun .Besides why would you want the government to run anything they lose money...Amtrak,Medicare,Social Security?Now they are robbing SS to pay the bills & interest on these Chinese loans we will never get out of this crippling debt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies