Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,521,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Excellent....

"Jenny Sanford is best known for the one role she refused to play—that of conventional political spouse standing silently by while her husband went before the media and confessed his infidelity. Instead, she stayed true—to herself, to her faith, and to her highest ideals of parenthood and public service. She chose to let Mark Sanford deal with the embarrassment and political fallout from his own actions while focusing her own efforts privately on raising their children to be men of character, even in the face of the lies their father has told."

-- Publisher's note for her book at Amazon

Maybe she'll set a standard, break the chain of "conventional political spouse standing silently by."

What happened with that deathless romance in Argentina btw.

I think the fact that she stayed true to herself, to her faith, and to her ideals, says volume about this women. I applaud her, because this could not possibly have been easy for her and her family. I am so glad she chose to let Mark Sanford, deal with his own fate. I believe she has set a new standard, by not standing by her husband, and good for her. He should of stayed in ARGENTIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies