Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:47 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Clarence Thomas is an "Uncle Tom" that the overwhelming number of African-Americans consider an embarrassment & so out of touch with the Black community. He was a horrible choice since he hardly ever gives independent decisions & never even asks questions during court hearings. Thomas is considered a sub-par justice & a very poor judge regardless of his race.
His autobiography frequently blames the man for his troubles and he believes that his harvard law degree is worthless. he rails against affirmative action yet denies that he is a recipient of AA to be a mb of SCOTUS. It is a travesty that he replaced the immortal Thurgood Marshall, who truly deserved the SCOtus appointment and confirmation. He is the lapdog of scalia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 02:50 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,010,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Deleting garbage threads like this and tagging the OP with an infraction would be a great way to return a measure of intelligent discourse to this forum.

Every thread here gets bogged down into mindless partisan bickering and the posting of utter garbage.

then what about all of the horrible threads about President Obama? would you support deleting those too?

Old 01-28-2010, 03:18 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Regardless of his race, Clarence Thomas is the quiet judge who rarely voices an opinion other to agree with the conservatives. It was a typical Republican choice to find a man so out of touch with the common man [black or white] but use him for his color in order to get an ultra-conservative on the court. Thomas is laughed at in the black community as weird & out of place with the needs of America. Soto Mayor however is considered a good judge because she has an open mind to the needs of poor Americans.

Thomas is a goof & will likely go down as one of the least capable justices. What a waste.
OMG, you are just too much. Again, you have no understanding of the job of our supreme court: having an open mind of the needs of poor Americans, that again, my friend, isn't the job of the judges..Do I need to explain to you their are appointed and confirmed to interpret the laws, regardless of what laws they are...I think you have supreme court judges jobs confused with congressmen and women from minority neighborhoods. The job of those elected officials is to represent those who elect them. Oh, you say Thomas is laughed at in the black community, again are you talking neighborhoods or by all blacks, liberal and conservative, rich and poor? I think we know the answer to that...and people talk about conservatives as having closed minds, wow??

Could I ask what he hasn't done that you think he sould have or something he voted on that was damaging to the country as a whole..??

I noticed the referances you gave about Thomas, one was written by Eugene Robinson. He is probably the most racist man and the most narrow minded person I have ever read..I can't believe anyone would quote him or refer to anything he says or writes, no matter how left wing that person might be..

Nita

Old 01-28-2010, 03:19 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Republican instruction to Justice Thomas: "never say anything, don't think & always vote with the conservatives"

Clarence Thomas' response: "yes master"
you talk about racist comments, OMG!!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 03:47 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,826,765 times
Quote:
Clarence Thomas is an "Uncle Tom" that the overwhelming number of African-Americans consider an embarrassment & so out of touch with the Black community. He was a horrible choice since he hardly ever gives independent decisions & never even asks questions during court hearings. Thomas is considered a sub-par justice & a very poor judge regardless of his race.
You got it right! Thomas was probably doing exactly what toni scalia told him to do!

Guighee Thomas as he called himself in that 60 minute interview knows the president, Mr. Barack Obama, cares absolutely nothing for him. And so do I.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:49 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,387,415 times
Quote:
I don't agree with Thomas on almost all of his rulings and I can't say that I like him since I don't agree with almost all of his decisions.

Having said that, I see no reason to call him "Uncle Thomas".
He's a Supreme Court Justice and since my only complaint about him is how he has decided his cases, I still respect his position.

I was also wondering about why Thomas and Scalia weren't there but I don't see where it really matters if they were there or not. I don't care....

And I don't think what Obama said about the ruling was out of line. It's what he and many others believe. It wasn't disrepectfully done, it was a statement/opinion on an important ruling and he made clear to the listening public how he felt. That's fine with me.

And now I wonder if Alito will be there next year. Frankly, if I was expected to just sit there like a lump on a log and not show any reaction during the speech, I think I'd stay home and watch it on TV with friends!

Old 01-28-2010, 04:01 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,739,827 times
thomas:

*bug eyed, grinning*

i's much obliged to work fo' the guhment, in the supreme cote. i shole iyyy!! i's do whateva massah say do.

every other conservative in the supreme court: boy, is that you speaking again?? who authorized you to speak?

thomas: no suh! that won't me suh! i's quiet suh! i's promiiiiiiiiiiise.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:23 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,828,426 times
Seems no one knows why the two Justices were absent....they were absent because???

Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,953,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thomas:

*bug eyed, grinning*

i's much obliged to work fo' the guhment, in the supreme cote. i shole iyyy!! i's do whateva massah say do.

every other conservative in the supreme court: boy, is that you speaking again?? who authorized you to speak?

thomas: no suh! that won't me suh! i's quiet suh! i's promiiiiiiiiiiise.
That is a sick, racist and shameful comment.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:10 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,836,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
And Scalia - letting the POTUS know that he, Obama, was lying, during the speech, was great!
I've read reports that Alito was seen mouthing, "Not true" during that segment.

(or was it something else that rhymes with that - but begins with an F )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies