Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:02 AM

4,906 posts, read 7,513,546 times

Advertisements

After all the hype about intelligence and self-confidence, President Obama seems very insecure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:03 AM

110 posts, read 374,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Exactly, how are the people "vulnerable"?

Vulnerable means (according to Merriam-Webster)
1. capable of being physically or emotionally wounded
2. open to attack or damage
3. liable to increased penalties but entitled to increased benefits after winning a game in contact bridge

I'm not sure which what you are trying to convey.
Sorry, gullible is the better word. Thanks. I fixed it.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:04 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,369,583 times
So he took time away from the kids learning to use the school as a photo op to make us think he cares about the education of the kids.

Education was one of his campaign promises.

He has not even mentioned the word for an entire year and now all of a sudden he cares about education?

The lie is the fact that you back him up knowing nothing good will come out of him using a grade school for his own good and take time away from the kids education.

Selfish move on Presidunces part.

Also, this is a duplicate thread, you already posted in the other thread. No need to duplicate threads because you do not agree with them.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:06 AM

33,027 posts, read 19,681,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yardener View Post
There are currently at least two threads on here spreading a lie (that is apparently spreading through the right wing blogosphere faster than lightning) that President Obama used a teleprompter to talk to 6th graders.
They show this picture and caption:

President Speaks to 6th Grade Class.... WITH TELEPROMPTERS!

Of course it isn't true. He was addressing the people of the U.S. through the media. Yes, reporters and photographers, not children.

It amazes me how quickly these lies become "truth" to some people. I remember one of my co-workers coming into the office proclaiming that Obama wanted to outlaw backyard gardens. I asked her about it, and she said she read it on the Internet, but called Jim Demint's office (I live in South Carolina), who confirmed it as truth. Of course, that was another lie. The 1st President to have a vegetable garden in HIS backyard at the White House had no intention of "outlawing backyard gardens."

I have serious doubts about our ability as a nation to even have a proper discussion about politics when so much of the conversation is based on lies and horrible misrepresentations. I'm sure it's gone both ways. I'm sure someone can point to some lie or exaggeration that was spread about President Bush. My point is, I guess, don't believe every stupid thing you see on the Internet.

uhm..its not the first vegetable garden at the whitehouse:

THOMAS JEFFERSON: Jefferson (1801-1809) hired the first White House gardener, who also was responsible for cultivating a "kitchen" garden.

1825, when John Quincy Adams became president, that the vegetable garden and surrounding grounds began to flourish. Adams established a nursery for tree seedlings and a two-acre garden filled with vegetables, herbs and fruit trees, as well as flowers, shrubs and shade trees.

ABRAHAM LINCOLN: a new kitchen garden had been planted southwest of the White House. Receipts for the seeds show that Lincoln and his wife, Mary Todd, enjoyed an assortment of fresh fruits and vegetables

First lady Eleanor Roosevelt used the White House grounds during World War II to show support for a civilian defense program for producing homegrown fruits and vegetables.

just so you know

Old 01-25-2010, 07:07 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,120,582 times
Quote:

3. liable to increased penalties but entitled to increased benefits after winning a game in contact bridge

Vulnerable was just a word, any word, the left can grab to try and distract from the fact hussein obama, their messiah, was using children as a prop...........or is it that hussein obama thinks the press has the mentality of a 6 year old. OK, I could buy that. The liberal media has swooned like little kids over The One.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,776,545 times
Quote:

Quote:
You were right both times. If people are gullible, they are very vulnerable.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:08 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,120,582 times
Quote:

Oh come on. When it comes to hussein obama the leftist are the gullible. They suck his lies up like pablum.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:11 AM

615 posts, read 1,699,061 times
I know and it is one thing for the media and people to spread stupid lies and false information and it is another thing altogether when our lovely Senators (I also live in SC) confirm the lies and false informatin. Isn't SC just peachy!

Old 01-25-2010, 07:12 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,243,470 times
Good shot OP, right between the eyes!
That deserves +1

Old 01-25-2010, 07:13 AM

4,906 posts, read 7,513,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Oh come on. When it comes to hussein obama the leftist are the gullible. They suck his lies up like pablum.
Don't forget those leg tingles from Chris Matthews or "Obama is like a God" from Newsweek's Evan Thomas. The left's too smart to be gullible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies