Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:31 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,565,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Accuse me of hijacking if you will (and you probably will), but have we seen Sarah Palin's transcripts? I'd like to see all five of them. Has anyone clamored for Biden's? What about McCain's? I know on Wikipedia it says McC graduated near the bottom of his class, but have we seen the transcripts? Provide links if so. Some of the RW rants on about the constitution, but nowhere in the constitution does it say a president must release his/her transcripts.
And thses questions, though valid, have what to do with this thread?

Oh, that's right! Change the subject!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:33 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,886,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And thses questions, though valid, have what to do with this thread?

Oh, that's right! Change the subject!
The thread had already gone off topic to more of this "birther" crap.

FWIW, I don't care if Obama speaks with a teleprompter or carved stone tablets or writes his notes on the back of a napkin. I didn't pay attention to how Bush, et al did their speeches and I don't really care.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,268,165 times
Quote:
Do you really expect anything less?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,829,337 times
Obama may have been a stutterer in his youth and he uses the square teleprompter to “talk-in-the-box.” This gives stutterers some control over their speech.

Regardless of his stuttering, this is an example of a man who can not give a reasonable address of any kind without the aid of a teleprompter.

This speech was five minutes and contained almost NO technical information. He should have been able to give this speech with 1 3”X5” card.

The fact that he needs a teleprompter and a written speech shows how detached from his own policies that this moron is. He is a light weight. A loser and incompetent in every way.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:17 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,606,222 times
How sad is this guy................How does the left keep defending this moron..........wait...wait.............. Its Bushes fault..............He made Obumer read from the prompter.....ya ya thats it.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:20 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,268,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
How sad is this guy................How does the left keep defending this moron..........wait...wait.............. Its Bushes fault..............He made Obumer read from the prompter.....ya ya thats it.
Defending who, the president? What's to defend or not defend? You guys are the ones who simply refuse to see what the real story is & continue to insult him for whatever reason, I have no idea. Because all of you are children?

Old 01-25-2010, 11:21 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,712,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Since Obama's education was trumpeted during the campaign and used as a barometer of his intelligence and competency, there is a reasonable expectation that proof should follow.
I thought you college degreed liberal elitistist's were such critical thinkers, now your going to tell me you threw all that out the window and believed in the rumors of Obamas intelligence?
His failure to produce is what raises even more question. Why hide it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Oh boy, stick around. Read old archived threads. This forum is a dumping ground for right wing blogosphere lies, fears and hate. You'll laugh you'll cry, and your serious doubts will only become an admission of a grim reality.
Just right wing? That's a nice trick, if you can preselect to only read RW threads. How do you do that? I'd like to preselect to only read left wing threads packed with lies, fears and hate. (You know they're there, don't you.) It would save a whole bunch of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhmm

the school provided him with the material

Dan Quayle's 'Potatoe' Incident – 1992
Working from an inaccurate flash card prepared by a teacher, he corrected William Figueroa, 12, when the child spelled "potato" on the blackboard – making the boy add an unnecessary "e" at the word's end.

Quayle would never hear the end of it. The media assault for this goof was truly relentless. The young Figueroa crystallized the effects of this incident on Quayle's public image when he said that it "showed that the rumors about the vice president are true – that he's an idiot."
Poor Quayle, when the outrage should have been over the teacher. Now and then there is a word on which I question myself, especially if it's a word that I rarely use. I'll write it and it looks right to me both ways. It could be that Quayle didn't write about potatoes a lot, you think? So, instead of questioning the teacher in front of all the students, he went with what's on the card. A very nice gesture to yield to the teacher, especially if the card made him second guess the word.

Yes, the media latched on and never let him hear the end of it. The same media that doesn't know what real reporting is, and doesn't know when to use "I" and "me" in speaking or written sentence structure. The same media that doesn't realize one misspelled word doesn't make an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
This just goes to show that the worst thing Obama haters can say about him is "teleprompter". If using a teleprompter is the worst thing Obama does, then we're in great shape.
No it's not the worst, and not all there is, but C-D would crash if we listed everything at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Obama may have been a stutterer in his youth and he uses the square teleprompter to “talk-in-the-box.” This gives stutterers some control over their speech.

Regardless of his stuttering, this is an example of a man who can not give a reasonable address of any kind without the aid of a teleprompter.

This speech was five minutes and contained almost NO technical information. He should have been able to give this speech with 1 3”X5” card.

The fact that he needs a teleprompter and a written speech shows how detached from his own policies that this moron is. He is a light weight. A loser and incompetent in every way.
His continual use of a teleprompter signals (to me) that he's not speaking from the heart. He's speaking words that are too carefully chosen probably by somebody else, and don't come from the heart.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,307,027 times
Quote:
Accuse me of hijacking if you will (and you probably will), but have we seen Sarah Palin's transcripts? I'd like to see all five of them. Has anyone clamored for Biden's? What about McCain's? I know on Wikipedia it says McC graduated near the bottom of his class, but have we seen the transcripts? Provide links if so. Some of the RW rants on about the constitution, but nowhere in the constitution does it say a president must release his/her transcripts.
I doubt that you have seen any of the things circulating on the internet about amending the Constitution to require so many of the things that haven't been required and surely weren't allowed to get out, with proof, for the election of 2008.

No there are no requirements about proof of so many things, but now that we have seen a real need for them I think we may see some real attempts at requiring many proofs that weren't required before.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,565,283 times
Quote:
The thread had already gone off topic to more of this "birther" crap.

FWIW, I don't care if Obama speaks with a teleprompter or carved stone tablets or writes his notes on the back of a napkin. I didn't pay attention to how Bush, et al did their speeches and I don't really care.
On that one you will be shocked to know that I agree with you. What difference does it make?

Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,760,567 times
Looks like he is only a gifted speaker when the glass panels are in front of him. Even my democrat walking partners are starting to question his intellegence. I think he has been hand carried throughout most of his college days with not a worry about room board or tuition and recieved lots of A's just because. Of course we still have not seen a single paper written by the One, have we? So how the heck can you supporters continue to deny the obvious? Some democrats may in fact be wiser than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies