Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 06:35 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times

Advertisements

Got your hip-waders on yet, cause it could be getting deep. Yeah, Illinois is a good place for them, good choice.

Quote:
The Land of Lincoln may still be licking its wounds–and certain real estate transactions–over Chicago’s losing the Olympics to Rio, but the Obama Administration has delivered up a small consolation prize: the state’s very own federal prison for terrorists. Big Government has received what is claimed to be a leaked DOJ memo that was allegedly sent yesterday from Eric Holder’s Department of Justice to Defense Secretary Robert Gates.
Ah, the Land of Lincoln, keeping it close to home, I see. I hope there are no escapees in the future.

Big Government » Blog Archive » **Exclusive** Leaked Justice Department Memo: Terrorists To Be Moved to Camp Gitmo Illinois
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 06:45 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
Got your hip-waders on yet, cause it could be getting deep. Yeah, Illinois is a good place for them, good choice.

Ah, the Land of Lincoln, keeping it close to home, I see. I hope there are no escapees in the future.

Big Government » Blog Archive » **Exclusive** Leaked Justice Department Memo: Terrorists To Be Moved to Camp Gitmo Illinois
While most agree that this a wrong headed idea from the start and nothing more than political maneuvering at the expense of America but...
Sadly they are probably less of a threat to public safety than the typical Illinois politician (Obama included).

Old 12-11-2009, 06:51 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times
Quote:

Its an admission by 0bama that he is ineffectual, and unable at making the hope and change he continuously boasted about.

He is president, he says he banned torture, so why would GITMO be a problem anymore? Simple, because 0bama is a failure.

Curious isn't it, 0bama failed to bring the Olympics to Illinois, even though it was supposedly all wrapped up, and suddenly Illinois gets a new prison.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:55 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
Quote:

Yeah, that's too bad. I would have preferred Alvarado, TX myself.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Yeah, that's too bad. I would have preferred Alvarado, TX myself.
Boy, did you miss the boat. The time to speak up is NOT after the fact.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
Quote:
Boy, did you miss the boat. The time to speak up is NOT after the fact.
Oh, you have terrorist in prison in Alvarado, TX
I wouldn't know, I don't live there.

Last edited by Hombre57; 12-11-2009 at 07:16 PM..

Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
It's my understanding that the little Illinois town is wiling to accept the Gitmo detainees because it would keep their prison open. It has provided the President a way out of his predicament.

If this has to be done, then separate them. Putting them all in one prison would present itself as an opportunity for a jailbreak by outside forces. One or two in prisons spread across the country is a better idea, IMHO.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:27 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
It's my understanding that the little Illinois town is wiling to accept the Gitmo detainees because it would keep their prison open. It has provided the President a way out of his predicament.

If this has to be done, then separate them. Putting them all in one prison would present itself as an opportunity for a jailbreak by outside forces. One or two in prisons spread across the country is a better idea, IMHO.

Ahhhh...I feel safer already! Having them closer to my family instead of out there in the middle of the ocean with sharks all around them! Don't you feel safe, too!!?

Shucks....instead of trained marines guarding them, we'll have ol' Goober from the five and dime watching them part-time. I'm sure there will be no security breaches or anything. It's not like these terrorists are anything on the level of reality show wannabes crashing a White House party.....

So we have nothing to worry about.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:43 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post

Just to clarify your misunderstanding here. The town does not own or have any say or control over the prison. It is ran by the the Illinois Department of Corrections. This prison was one of a couple that was built here in Illinois, that never opened, because of funding. So it wouldnt be about keeping the prison open, it is about utilizing a prison that is sitting there with no inmates or staff already in place.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:31 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
The Illinois option is only one of several that they are looking at. No decision has been made on where or when these detainees will be moved. But, they will be moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies