Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 11:00 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,106,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, actually, they're just trying to get something passed to make life better for average Americans. What is irrational is to expect perfection, and then throw a tantrum when you don't get things your way.
No sir.

They're trying to get something passed that they think is best for YOU.

You're not allowed to make decisions for yourself.

You see, you're not as smart as they are.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 11:01 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I hope it is but I have a strong feeling that it isn’t. The Demarcates are trying there hardest to lose as many senate and house seats as possible. There is no other rational behind their actions.
I posted this earlier, but her it is...

Under the compromise, the public option would be removed from the bill and replaced with a new government-administered national insurance plan similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan, which serves members of Congress and federal workers.

Public option compromise takes shape - - POLITICO.com

Old 12-08-2009, 11:04 PM

221 posts, read 229,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
No sir.

Really? I don't remember reading anything that says I have to give up the insurance that I have.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
'Public Option' Pales Next to Single Payer

'Public Option' Pales Next to Single Payer | CommonDreams.org

Old 12-08-2009, 11:08 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,507,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
No sir.

They are trying to get something passed thatt gives people an OPTION.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:08 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,144,196 times
Quote:
No, actually, they're just trying to get something passed to make life better for average Americans. What is irrational is to expect perfection, and then throw a tantrum when you don't get things your way.
I’m not throwing a tantrum. I just don’t like being hoodwinked. At first the debate was about healthcare reform then it shifted to health insurance reform and now this. I just don’t like how it went from universal healthcare for everyone to lets see if we can get a few extra people covered. In the long run more people will be covered and the system will be a little better. But what if you bought a Mercedes Benz got home and opened the hood and found out there was a Kia motor inside. You’ll still have a car but it wasn’t the one advertised.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:11 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID65 View Post
Really? I don't remember reading anything that says I have to give up the insurance that I have.

Nope.

But the insurance that you have will be taxed as income.

Remember that.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,705,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m not throwing a tantrum. I just don’t like being hoodwinked. At first the debate was about healthcare reform then it shifted to health insurance reform and now this. I just don’t like how it went from universal healthcare for everyone to lets see if we can get a few extra people covered. In the long run more people will be covered and the system will be a little better. But what if you bought a Mercedes Benz got home and opened the hood and found out there was a Kia motor inside. You’ll still have a car but it wasn’t the one advertised.
That's politics, my friend. It's all about making compromises and "deals" in order to get things done. I'll take that over getting nothing at all.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
They are trying to get something passed thatt gives people an OPTION.
They are taking away (taxes) from folks that have health insurance and giving (welfare) to folks that don't. It's more of the same (Medicare, which will be bankrupt soon), and it's the same system that has failed.

No place in this country will ANYONE be denied health care as it stands today.

That will change, as the LEVEL of healthcare will be denied to certain folks.

Old 12-08-2009, 11:17 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,144,196 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I posted this earlier, but her it is...

Under the compromise, the public option would be removed from the bill and replaced with a new government-administered national insurance plan similar to the Federal Employee Health Benefits Plan, which serves members of Congress and federal workers.

Public option compromise takes shape - - POLITICO.com
Right now everything out now is all rumors. So hopefully in the morning they’ll clarify this national insurance plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies