Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:24 AM

41,030 posts, read 49,701,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
It's not just blacks that get caught up in this sort of stuff. Throughout history, rich and famous men of all stripes have engaged in this sort of behavior.

While women who marry such men, particularly after they become rich and famous, may not expect this to happen, the temptation proves to be too much for many men.
Not giving Tiger an excuse but being a wealthy good looking successful celebrity that he is, it would be extremely hard for any man to ignore or say no to the probably thousands of women that aggressively pursue him.

It's like a drug addition, after the 1st one the rest are easy to say yes to.

Tiger should have just gotten himself some very expensive, high end call girls and kept it purely a business relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

12,200 posts, read 18,471,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Got that right...Just look at that show that comes on the Oxygen channel every sunday called "snapped".
I love that show...it amuses me to no end the lengths people go to when they're unhappy in a relationship...JUST LEAVE. No it makes much more sense to go to prison for life than be embarassed by getting divorced a second time.

484 posts, read 1,222,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
The black man is primarily the only human species who will develop intimate relationships with someone outside of their race.
Ask an Asian man about Asian women and I think you'll find your assertion not to be true. But I do agree with you that most people marry others of the same race...and that includes black men, contrary to popular misconceptions.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:26 AM

815 posts, read 2,152,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
It's not just blacks that get caught up in this sort of stuff. Throughout history, rich and famous men of all stripes have engaged in this sort of behavior.

While women who marry such men, particularly after they become rich and famous, may not expect this to happen, the temptation proves to be too much for many men.

I remember that article where Jada Pinkett said that basically it is unrealistic to be married to someone who is rich and or famous and not expect some level of infidelity. Her and Will Smith have an open marriage, and I would be willing to bet that allot more actors, athletes and the like are involved in those as well. I’ve been to quite a few music and sports industry parties in my day and the number of women who literally throw themselves at celebrities is mind blowing. And those women run the gamut from couch potatoe bums to lawyers and doctors, white, black, asian, whatever, they come in all types and shades.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:30 AM

484 posts, read 1,222,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
I’ve been to quite a few music and sports industry parties in my day and the number of women who literally throw themselves at celebrities is mind blowing. And those women run the gamut from couch potatoe bums to lawyers and doctors, white, black, asian, whatever, they come in all types and shades.
Exactly! And like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if Tiger snagged a couple of lawyers or doctors in the mix of women he's had access to. "Decency" has nothing to do with it; especially for single women, if you have the looks and don't mind sleeping around, you might as well do it up big.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:35 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,194,511 times
Wow. Some of the side pieces are saying he didn't use protection, nor did he want to.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 PM

850 posts, read 1,553,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerospace320 View Post
This has easily got to be one of the most racist articles I have read, and I am black.

The Associated Press: Tiger's troubles widen his distance from blacks

"The Grinch's Theme Song" didn't stop there: "The question everyone in America wants to ask you is, how many white women does one brother waaant?"

"There are two layers of suspicion toward him," Van Kerkhove said. "One toward the apparent pattern in the race of his partners, and the second in the way he sees himself. ... People have been giving him the side-eye for a while."

"Had Barack had a white wife, I would have thought twice about voting for him," Johnson Cooper said.

"There is a call for loyalty that is stronger in some ways than in other racial communities," said the author of the study, George Yancey, a sociology professor at the University of North Texas and author of the book "Just Don't Marry One."

Why does it matter who you date or marry? Come on people!

Edit:

I should also add that I am a big golf fan, and have been a big tiger woods fan even since high school. Even though I am disappointed in what he did, I will still support him if he continues to play well on the greens.
The guy cheated on his wife. WTF...thank god that isn't my problem. People always have to make this a "race" issue. I figure anyone b--tching about it is probably jealous because it didn't happen to them.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,626,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Tiger Woods has never really been socialized in the Black community.

The perception in the Black community among some is that his father, Earl Woods, wanted his son to identify with anything other than being Black. Earl Woods also "overstated" his mixed race heritage.

I know that it will not be popular to say but there are some Black people (and other races too but we are talking about Blacks) that marry interracially and have interracial children in an attempt to wash away the Blackness.

For the most part, the Black community doesn't really see Tiger Woods as "Black" because he doesn't really see himself as "Black" - who he chose as mistresses reflects that fact - not that chosing Black women to cheat with would have been any source of pride either.

Tiger Woods also didn't cheat with any Asian women either, are they supposed to be "upset" now, too?

I beg to differ....black folks have always tried to claim Tiger. More and more black children are told to explore golf as a sport and to use Tiger as their example. It's all because he looks like them on the outside.

But Tiger has neeeeeeeeeever claimed black people in return. He oviously hates his black roots. You can tell by the women we are now seeing.

I'm actually glad that no sista' was involved with this clown.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,904,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Not giving Tiger an excuse but being a wealthy good looking successful celebrity that he is, it would be extremely hard for any man to ignore or say no to the probably thousands of women that aggressively pursue him.

It's like a drug addition, after the 1st one the rest are easy to say yes to.

Tiger should have just gotten himself some very expensive, high end call girls and kept it purely a business relationship.
Oh that is a lame excuse sorry

Look at Patrick Swazye, Al Pacino to name a couple they were and are very succussful and you dont or didnt hear about them cheating

Grant there is many in hollyweird that does cheat doesnt mean we should make excuses for their bad behavior.If he was so unhappy with his wife while she was carrying his child. He should have left her.

Old 12-07-2009, 12:23 PM

829 posts, read 1,287,955 times
This is all utterly made up. There are NO CASES 'blacks distancing themselves from tiger woods'.

1. BLACK PEOPLE ARE NOT BEES, they dont have a hive mind, despite what the "Don Black SF'ers" here would have people think. They dont all think as one.

2. Its HILARIOUS how 1 second the 'evil liberal anti-white AP' is being attacked by far righties, then the next second they run to it cheering. Make up your mind, is it unreliable or the perfect news source? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies