Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 AM

484 posts, read 1,220,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I thought the news media were making a big deal about him being a black man winning the golf championship. Now that he's messed up, they're denying the black side of him.
Funny isn't it? Usually it's the other way around, i.e. Obama. A person is mixed, multiracial, or part white until they mess up, then they are simply black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
However, clearly, he has a penchant for low-class women. Decent women, of any socio-economic status, would not make themselves available for sexual trysts with a married man.
A man of Tiger's wealth and fame can get plenty of "decent women". The price may be higher for some women but believe me, Tiger can afford it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he pulled a female lawyer or something. Please don't kid yourself that only poor, gold digging women engage in indecent proposals.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:30 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,431,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

African American people should be last ones talking about race or discrimination. Seriously.
Why? If I want to talk about race or discrimination, who are you to tell me that I shouldn't? Seriously.

As far as the jokes on Tom Joyner's show...black comedians make fun of everyone...every week Huggie Lowdown comes on and gives a rundown of the current events and name a bama of the week. Everything else in that story "if obama had married a white woman" and the measure of blackness are just too stupid for words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post

On the nationally syndicated Tom Joyner radio show, Woods was the butt of jokes all week.

"Thankfully, Tiger, you didn't marry a black woman. Because if a sister caught you running around with a bunch of white hoochie-mamas," one parody suggests in song, she would have castrated him.

I wasn't there at the scene. But the above comment is plain stupid. I believe Mrs. Woods hit Tiger with a 9 Iron on his wig. That made him run to the vehicle crash an pass out. White women can kick ssa too.
White women will kill your ass...the most a sister would have done was messed up the car and told your mama how sorry you are

Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,620,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
A man of Tiger's wealth and fame can get plenty of "decent women". The price may be higher for some women but believe me, Tiger can afford it. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he pulled a female lawyer or something. Please don't kid yourself that only poor, gold digging women engage in indecent proposals.
Common sense dictates that a man of his means would be able to select from a better class of women. However, obviously, that wasn’t his preference.

I’m not sure what gave you the impression that I believe only “gold digging women engage in indecent proposals.†I have already stated that decent women of any socio-economic status do not engage in such activities. The operative word being. . . decent. Socio-economic status is certainly not a determinant of morality; as evidenced by the behavior of the likes of Paris Hilton, et al.

Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,172,484 times
Well;look at clintons women;JFK's and switzers. They certainly were nit from the wealthy class. Slumming is what it use to be called.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:00 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,620,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
As far as the jokes on Tom Joyner's show...black comedians make fun of everyone...every week Huggie Lowdown comes on and gives a rundown of the current events and name a bama of the week.
This is true. After all, isn’t that what ALL comedians do? Why should Tiger be off-limits?

BTW, Huggy Lowdown is funny as hell.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 AM

921 posts, read 1,135,662 times
No matter what race or color he is, he'll always be seen as a cheater.

Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 AM

27,224 posts, read 46,934,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Tiger Woods has never really been socialized in the Black community.

The perception in the Black community among some is that his father, Earl Woods, wanted his son to identify with anything other than being Black. Earl Woods also "overstated" his mixed race heritage.

I know that it will not be popular to say but there are some Black people (and other races too but we are talking about Blacks) that marry interracially and have interracial children in an attempt to wash away the Blackness.

For the most part, the Black community doesn't really see Tiger Woods as "Black" because he doesn't really see himself as "Black" - who he chose as mistresses reflects that fact - not that chosing Black women to cheat with would have been any source of pride either.

Tiger Woods also didn't cheat with any Asian women either, are they supposed to be "upset" now, too?
The same counts for Michael Jackson...he wasn't seen as black to most people, but more like an artists, just like Tiger is first and for most seen as a golfer...people don't always talk about race, more about what they are doing...

The same counts for Barack Obama, he is a bad president notthing to do with his race just with his actions and no experience so we can't really blame him but his voters...!

Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Common sense dictates that a man of his means would be able to select from a better class of women. However, obviously, that wasn’t his preference.
You're right. He wasn't looking for another wife though. Like most men in these situations, all he wanted was a freak in the sheets who can keep her mouth shut. He already has (had) his "public wife".

Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,184,585 times
WTH?

Tiger Woods has never labeled himself as black. Matter of fact, he made it clear that he is not, on more than one occasion. We aren't distancing ourselves from anyone. He created the distance with his words many years ago.

Tiger's drama has nothing to do with black people, his race, or the race of his wife. He messed up and got caught. Obviously something else is going on since he "messed up" with a boatload of women, time and time again.

Some people slay me. Since Obama showed himself a formidable opponent during the primaries, all of a sudden black people have all this power and influence. LMAO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies