Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:49 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The patrol said alcohol was not involved, though the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.
Authorities: Tiger Woods hurt in Fla. car crash

What's not true about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:58 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The last information that was available was "charges could be filed." They don't assert that if there was no inkling of any wrong doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's not true. They always put that on police accident reports to leave a door up to make charges in the future if new information surfaces. It's routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
What's not true about that?
I was referring to you saying that they don't assert the "charges pending" clause if they don't have an inkling of any wrong doing. They routinely put that in ALL accident reports whether they think there was wrong doing or not. The police chief in charge of the officer at the accident said that in an interview today.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 PM

Well we'll see when more information comes out.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:03 PM

26,222 posts, read 49,072,443 times
Another website says Tiger has a hottie flown in to tryst with him, some gal named Rachel.... Some surmise Tiger's wife chased him with the golf club which she allegedly used to break out the back window of the SUV to free him from the wreck. Being chased by a club-wielding wife during a domestic dispute about an interloper makes more sense than anything I've heard so far. I hope we get the full story on this. I really like Woods, wish him the best, but who knows what goes on in the lives of the very rich, which are often as much of a soap opera as any trailer trash novella.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:24 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Another website says Tiger has a hottie flown in to tryst with him, some gal named Rachel.... Some surmise Tiger's wife chased him with the golf club which she allegedly used to break out the back window of the SUV to free him from the wreck. Being chased by a club-wielding wife during a domestic dispute about an interloper makes more sense than anything I've heard so far. I hope we get the full story on this. I really like Woods, wish him the best, but who knows what goes on in the lives of the very rich, which are often as much of a soap opera as any trailer trash novella.
well if that turns out to be the case. then the news media will drown the sheeple with that story. should be weeks of coverage, if it turns out that tigers wife chased him out with a 9 iron and a driver.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:24 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
and not drunk? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

I've worked nights before and seen what 2:30 AM traffic looks like and it's wall to wall drunks. I was about the only sober one on the road and nearly got killed last time. I have no sympathy for them.
A quote from the OP's link:

Quote:
The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when his two officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."
The only reason I can think of for someone going in and out of consciousness, yet being treated and released, is being drunk.

After all, how do you hit something, such as a fire hydrant, backing out of your own driveway?

Old 11-27-2009, 09:34 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
No, asserting as if it were fact that he's a "known lush" is bad-mouthing. Participating in pure speculation without a single shred of a fact to support your disgusting allegations is bad-mouthing.

Time of day: irrelevant other than to recognize that it was dark outside
The objects that he hit: irrelevant to how or why the accident happened.
Degree of consciousness: inconclusive of anything
Seat belt on or off: total speculation without any substantiation
Speed at the time of impact: possibly relevant to investigators, but utterly inconclusive of the cause of the accident.

Quit making stuff up. It's obnoxious.
Disagree! If a person is "going in and out of consciousness" after an accident, that person would surely be admitted to the hospital for observation. Not treated and released.............unless the "going in and out of consciousness" was caused from being drunk!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

That seems to be what's being reported now.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:30 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,618,997 times
News, Tiger Woods' Accident Shakes Advertisers

Word that Tiger Woods was involved in an early morning car accident likely rattled not just fans, but also the broad swath of major corporations that rely on Woods' star power to sell everything from sports drinks, T-shirts and razors to golf tournament tickets.

"I can imagine that the world stopped for Tiger Woods advertisers when they first heard the news and that, literally, their hearts missed a beat," said ABC News sports consultant and USA Today sports columnist Christine Brennan.

Tiger Woods' Accident Shakes Advertisers - ABC News

Old 11-28-2009, 04:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Tiger-"Hello, Kobe? This is Tiger Woods. I need to ask a favor."
Kobe-"Sure man, what you need?"
Tiger-"Do you still have the name and number of your jeweler cause I'm in the dog house real bad you know?"
Kobe-"I'll give you the number as long as you promise not to get a rock bigger than the one I got my wife."
Tiger-"OK,"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies