Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:54 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

I am not a Republican, but as an American have a huge vested interest in the new leadership both parties support, and would be appalled if Sarah Palin were my spokesperson. I think promoting new female leadership in both parties is important for me, and brings balance, but I am hopeful that we'll see some new names emerging soon. Sarah Palin is charismatic, and brought some life to the party when it was most needed, but as far as being a serious politician, I don't believe so.

As for Prejean, I think her 15 seconds of fame are just about over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 08:08 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,609 times
The title of this thread makes no sense. It implies empowerment to two people who have no political future.
Prejean is just a young sex kitten with no real morals looking for publicity. In a year or less you probably won't even remember her name.
Palin has no substance. She is continually publicized by the liberal media because they want a weak non-intellectual character like that to be seen as representing the Republican party.
They're both paper figures propped up by the media.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:20 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Carrie Prejean and Sarah Palin: The Voice of Conservatives?
Not.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:28 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Understanding something indicates neediness? Is that to say that you understand nothing, because you're not needy?

This particular need is based on ignorance.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:32 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
This particular need is based on ignorance.
I dunno. Looks like your basic hypocrisy to me.

I'm still not following you. If I'm incorrect in seeing hypocrisy, then that may indeed be a result of ignorance, but I don't see how that indicates neediness.

Explain the needy part, because it doesn't make sense.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
The title of this thread makes no sense. It implies empowerment to two people who have no political future.
Prejean is just a young sex kitten with no real morals looking for publicity. In a year or less you probably won't even remember her name.
Palin has no substance. She is continually publicized by the liberal media because they want a weak non-intellectual character like that to be seen as representing the Republican party.
They're both paper figures propped up by the media.
I just watched Palin being interviewed by O'Reilly. It's not just liberal outlets that are giving her a podium.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:41 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzTranny View Post
I know the Media is Liberal. Heck I'm a supporter for gay rights, etc. (Though I am republican, supporter of small businesses )

I mean Prejan has like 8 sex tapes or something, probably had sex before Marriage too IMO. Palin's family is a mess. Her daughter has a child out of wed-lock. One of the family members is posing for Playgirl.

Are you proud that Prejan and Palin basically voice the conservative crowd? Sometimes I feel Conservatives are getting so much backlash. Do you think Prejan and Palin should fade from the limelight because they bring so much negativity to the conservative side in a sense?
I sure hope they get Miss Teen USA South Carolina 2007 on board...it'll be an ex beauty queen brain trust trifecta.

Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I don't like to talk about Sarah Palin too much to be honest. I think the bashing on her should stop. It is ok to criticize her like we do with Obama but it is getting beyond normal. It got out of control.

Do I agree with Sarah Palin? Would I vote for her? HELL NO. But she is a human. No one deserves what Obama and Palin were and are going through.

But in my honest opinion, Carrie Prejean is just something else.....she seriously is. I cannot imagine going around saying that I wanted to deny other people their rights and love because of my holy Christian values all the while KNOWING I had sex before before marriage and have 8 sex tapes. *rolls eyes*

For how many years should she be prohibited from objecting to gay marriage because she sent videos to her boyfriend when she was seventeen?

Should her answer have been "I cannot comment on gay marriage because when I was a teenager I sent my boyfriend videos making me an opinionless intellectual drone for the rest of my life"?

Old 11-27-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
For how many years should she be prohibited from objecting to gay marriage because she sent videos to her boyfriend when she was seventeen?

Should her answer have been "I cannot comment on gay marriage because when I was a teenager I sent my boyfriend videos making me an opinionless intellectual drone for the rest of my life"?
Nobody is prohibiting her from saying anything. It's the hypocrisy that's being pointed out. If she was the moral Christian she claims to be, she wouldn't have made the videos. That simple.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I dunno. Looks like your basic hypocrisy to me.

I'm still not following you. If I'm incorrect in seeing hypocrisy, then that may indeed be a result of ignorance, but I don't see how that indicates neediness.

Explain the needy part, because it doesn't make sense.

Humans have a single emotional need. Few of us are aware of what that need is and are therefore subject to its demands. It gnaws at our souls and drives all other emotions. It accounts for lust, glee, ambition, jealousy, heroism, altruism, spite, disgust, rage, curiosity, crushes, bullying, hand holding, etc. It also makes people who fail to understand it dependent on others. What we see with the left's preoccupation with Palin and Prejean is this need on steroids. It is wholly dependent, parasitic and childish.

I'm not going to tell you what this need is. If you are able figure it out for yourself, then you are worthy of knowing it. If not, then you are a fundamentally ignorant individual who deserves nothing more than to live his life chasing his own tail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies