Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 02:38 PM

12,979 posts, read 14,613,641 times

Advertisements

I think the problem is you are trying to compare two inhumane, barbaric regimes. One may be marginally better than the other, but it's like asking were the German Concentration Camps or the Cambodian Killing Fields better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM

731 posts, read 778,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I don't defend what the current government is doing, but I'm not going to sing the praises of the Taliban. I would imagine that some of the current problems may be complicated by the consistent war which doesn't help those numbers.
No not really, the Afghans dont want the U.S./NATO forces there, thats why this will continue, 90% of these Taliban fghters were not with the Taliban back from 1996-2001. These Taliban fighters are just ordinary Afghans who are out there to take revenge from these western forces. Taliban just got stronger than ever after the last american surge and sadly after that surge that was made by obama just made them stronger and made them operate in 80% of the country.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I think the problem is you are trying to compare two inhumane, barbaric regimes. One may be marginally better than the other, but it's like asking were the German Concentration Camps or the Cambodian Killing Fields better.
Im not a supporter of the Taliban but i prefer them over the current government thats all, but today if Afghanistan had a government that cared about its citizens and listen to what they want then im going to support the government but sadly there is a slim chance of that happening so thats why im gonna keep continuing supporting the Taliban over the current government.

Just to let you know, when i talk about the Taliban, i mean the Afghani taliban not the Pakistani taliban. Because the Afghani taliban fight for a reason and they have every right to defend the country. But the Pakistani Taleban are the ones im totally against because they kill dozens of innocent people and that is what i hate about them.

Just to make things clear there is a huge diffrence bettween the Afghani Taliban and the Pakistani Taliban.

Last edited by mrhman92; 11-25-2009 at 03:02 PM..

Old 11-25-2009, 02:46 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,624,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
No not really, the Afghans dont want the U.S./NATO forces there, thats why this will continue, 90% of these Taliban fghters were not with the Taliban back from 1996-2001. These Taliban fighters are just ordinary Afghans who are out there to take revenge from these western forces. Taliban just got stronger than ever after the last american surge and sadly after that surge that was made by obama just made them stronger and made them operate in 80% of the country.
They offered support when we went in at first. I'm sure that they're ready for it to be over after this long though.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
They offered support when we went in at first. I'm sure that they're ready for it to be over after this long though.
The Northen Alliance are the ones who helped the U.S. to get into Afghanistan. Do you know that the U.S. killed up to 5,000 innocent people for almost one month just to enter Afghanistan. They should be held responsible for these horrible acts, but they get away with it like always. Thats an embarassing act from the American commanders who claim to have the strongest army in the world. If they really wanted to invade then they should have went in on ground not by bomb a whole country and killing up to 5,000 innocent Afghans. Sadly these acts continue until today and no one says a thing about it.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:00 PM

351 posts, read 535,419 times
The Taliban was garbage....but nobody had any right(other than the people of Afghanistan) to take them out.

A peoples government in Afghanistan will always be Islamic fundamentalism. This is what they want.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:09 PM

The problem with the people who live in the west is they think that the Taliban had a cruel system when the Afghans are the ones who supported what the Taliban was doing with the Justice system. A lot of Afghans today want things like amputation, executions, even stonings back. You cant get arrested for honor killings in Afghanistan even though its illegal because a lot of Afghans support it and do it too, which is no diffrent than stoning. From January 2009-June 2009 there was 293 cases of honour killings and it could even go higher because many of them go unreported.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:12 PM

351 posts, read 535,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
The problem with the people who live in the west is they think that the Taliban had a cruel system when the Afghans are the ones who supported what the Taliban was doing with the Justice system. A lot of Afghans today want things like amputation, executions, even stonings back.

People of the west has always had a problem with believing people living elsewhere might prefer their own life instead of a eurocentric kind.

Its part ignorance, but mostly arrogance from a superiority complex.

Old 11-25-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
People of the west has always had a problem with believing people living elsewhere might prefer their own life instead of a eurocentric kind.

Its part ignorance, but mostly arrogance from a superiority complex.
There we go thank god, that there is someone who actulley understands this war from both sides not only one side.

Old 11-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Gen Wolfgang Schneiderhan, the head of the German armed forces, has
resigned after being accused of showing real evidence showing that up to 142 civilians
had been killed in an air strike in German ministers were denying the allegation.

This is sad how they're accusing him for showing the truth, it's sad how these NATO countries claim that Afghanistan have freedom of everything when the situation gets worse day by day.

This is one of the reasons why NATO will never win the hearts and minds of the Afghans.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies