Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM

731 posts, read 776,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Sometimes you have to tear down the structure and start over. This has happened in civilizations throughout history. Here in the United States that occurred during the Civil War. The foundation was sound, but the structure was impossibly fractured. I'll hedge my bets and reason that the Taliban is indeed NOT the type of government that Afghan citizens want, or need.
Man the Taliban were not as bad as you people are thinking. The media plays a major role in trying to make them look bad, they exaggerate so much. I bet you anything that you didnt even know that the total income of Afghanistan was ranked 93rd under the Taliban. Right now the total income is ranked 116th!! like come on what happend to all the money... See More, that the Karzai government have been receiving for the last 8 years. The Karzai government recieve more money to rebuild Afghanistan than the Taliban ever got. Do you know that the Taliban didnt even recieve a lot of financial help because the western countries refused to help them but on top of that they still improved the total income, the per capita rate and life in general was peaceful in Afghanistan.

Trust me sooner or later Afghanistan was going to change to the better under the taliban because girls started going to school in the year of 2000 and if they continued till today a lot more girls were going to go to schools anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
The Nazi's accomplished many of those things in Germany before the allied forces ruthlessly bombed civilian cities.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
So wait you r telling me that Afghanistan has human rights now, your telling me that Afghanistan librated women?!

Buddy today women or even girls as young as 10 years old get raped and their parents cant do anything about it because these rapists have connections with the government so they dont really get caught and they repeat these acts more than once. Under the Taliban at least people knew their limits, at least they knew not to rape females because there was consequences. BTW the taliban did not enforce the brand of islam by gun, the people welcomed them, man if the Afghans didnt want them then the Taliban were not going to last that long buddy. Lets get back to the women rights for a sec, do you know that the U.S. and NATO forces wiped out villages in Afghanistan, Do you know that these forces you support still bomb these innocent afghans during wedding nights because they accuse them with the Taliban when they're not, most people who die in these wedding are mostly children and women and their numbers of deaths sometimes tops 100, do you know that these forces still have innocent afghans that have been jailed for the last 7 years without any reason and they torture them and make fun of them in their own countries. No wonder you would find the Taliban operates around 80% Afghanistan because the Afghans are tired of these acts. BTW the Taliban fighters you see today, 90% of them were not with the Taliban back from 1996-2001. These Taliban fighters are just ordinary Afghans who are out there to take revenge from these western forces.

Buddy im gonna be straight up you're considering an islamist fundementalist because im saying the truth, im not making these things up i know what im talking about, btw just to be honest with you, im not even that religious, i dont even pray 5 times a day, Im talking about the truth here, its sad how people like you got brainwashed so much that if i support a group like that you call me a fundementalist thats sad man.

What's sad is that you would argue that a bunch of barbarians intent on ruling with an iron fist is what the Afghan people need and desire. I call bs on that one! The Afghanis (as well as the US) supported the taliban during the Russian occupation, its true. But how many of the Afghan people thought that once the Russians were driven out that they would be living under a more repressive regime? That they would have fewer rights? That they would live in a constant state of fear?

As to your assertion that women are being raped left and right now whereas under taliban rule they were safe - again I call bs.
The truth is that women under the taliban were just as likely to get raped as they are now only back then they were too afraid to admit that they were victims. To admit that they had been raped would have been their own death sentence.

The truth is that Afghanistan needs to put aside tribal loyalties and religious influence if it ever hopes to become a united country with promise. You are the expert ..... you tell me why that is not happening?

Old 11-25-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
The Nazi's accomplished many of those things in Germany before the allied forces ruthlessly bombed civilian cities.
Nazi's had camps where they made people work and then eventually execute them. The taliban didnt have camps where they held people and executed them. They only arrested murderers and rapists. Man life in Afghanistan was peaceful, you could ask any Afghan and they would tell you that. Today 2-4% of the afghan population are drug addicts, this is one of NATO's positive accomplishments and i could see throught the years things would get so much better for Afghanistan because prostitution would flourish, drugs would be even more popular among the Afghans, corruption would get way worse than now, more criminal cases would go unsolved, the powerful people would not be brought to justice, etc.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
What's sad is that you would argue that a bunch of barbarians intent on ruling with an iron fist is what the Afghan people need and desire. I call bs on that one! The Afghanis (as well as the US) supported the taliban during the Russian occupation, its true. But how many of the Afghan people thought that once the Russians were driven out that they would be living under a more repressive regime? That they would have fewer rights? That they would live in a constant state of fear?

As to your assertion that women are being raped left and right now whereas under taliban rule they were safe - again I call bs.
The truth is that women under the taliban were just as likely to get raped as they are now only back then they were too afraid to admit that they were victims. To admit that they had been raped would have been their own death sentence.

The truth is that Afghanistan needs to put aside tribal loyalties and religious influence if it ever hopes to become a united country with promise. You are the expert ..... you tell me why that is not happening?
Man i know Afghans who lived during the taleban times and they prefer it more than they do now there's no doubt about that, well just to let you know after the russians were driven out of power, the Northen Alliance took control of Afghanistan from 1992-96 and they killed, raped, robbed and did everything you could think of. Then the Taleban came in 1996 and that is when they stopped all that, that is when they dealt with criminal cases seriously, because they didnt want anything similar to that happen again to the Afghani people, but today do you know that these savages who killed, raped, robbed from 1992-96, now they're in the government and they get supported by the U.S., this is one of the reasons why the Afghans turn to the Taliban.

As of for the women, im gonna be straight up with you, when it comes to criminal cases the Taliban were really fair, they did not mess around with it. Man if a woman got raped under the Taliban, if she reports it to the Taleban, the Taleban would give her 4 choices to execute the rapist by herself, or they execute him for her, or they pardon him, or they give a jail sentence, thats why a lot of afghans didnt complain about their Justice system because they gave them their rights.

You could be surprised by this, but this war will only be won if the NATO/U.S. forces agree to set up Sharia law that most Afghans want, which means most females will be able to attend schools/universities, cracking down on Prostitution, Alcohol, corruption and other drugs, improve Afghanistan with roads, schools, work, also executions should be brought back against murderers, rapists, drug traffickers, and amputations for people who rob from banks. If the western forces also stopped their killings against the Afghans and actulley agree to the Sharia principles, then the Taliban would lose this war within a year or even less than a year because most Afghans would not want them anymore and most of these Taliban fighters would leave the Taliban to join their families again. You could think im crazy for saying this, but this is the only way NATO would win this war. Today most Afghans want 70-80% of the Sharia to be brought back. Most Afghans to this day want public executions to be brought back because of the high crime rates.

One more thing too, they should bring people like Abdul Rashed dostum, etc who are government right now to face charges of crimes against humanity because of the massacres they commited against the Afghani people in the last 30 years.

This is the only solution because this will unite Afghanistan into one country because 99% of Afghans believe in Islam, people of different ethic backgrounds will have something thats common amongst them, so this is the only way Afghanistan would be stabilized.

Last edited by mrhman92; 11-25-2009 at 02:09 PM..

Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,403 times
Quote:
For all you out there who think the Taliban are murderers and criminals, well you are wrong
Asinine.

Taliban Threatens To Kill More Christians, impose 'Jizya tax', and take their women as sex slaves

More Taliban craziness:

Taliban Militants Burn 3 Girls' Schools, Blow Up Hospital (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011827221 - broken link)

10 Taliban arrested in school girl acid attack (http://www.awid.org/eng/Women-s-Rights-in-the-News/Women-s-Rights-in-the-News/10-Taliban-arrested-in-school-girl-acid-attack - broken link)

Taliban murder leading Afghan female rights activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Don't bother us anywhere or anytime and we'll stay away from you.
Like September 10, 2001.

Last edited by mossomo; 11-25-2009 at 02:14 PM..

Old 11-25-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Nazi's had camps where they made people work and then eventually execute them. The taliban didnt have camps where they held people and executed them. They only arrested murderers and rapists. Man life in Afghanistan was peaceful, you could ask any Afghan and they would tell you that. Today 2-4% of the afghan population are drug addicts, this is one of NATO's positive accomplishments and i could see throught the years things would get so much better for Afghanistan because prostitution would flourish, drugs would be even more popular among the Afghans, corruption would get way worse than now, more criminal cases would go unsolved, the powerful people would not be brought to justice, etc.
No they didn't have camps, they executed them in public. They outlawed employment and education for women, about anything fun, beat people for violating the dress code, cut off hands of people who stole, stoned people to death for adultery - all in public. They were doing so well that they got aid from multiple international aid agencies etc. I don't glorify the current government, but the Taliban were/are far from peaceful.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Asinine.

Taliban Threatens To Kill More Christians, impose 'Jizya tax', and take their women as sex slaves

More Taliban craziness:

Taliban Militants Burn 3 Girls' Schools, Blow Up Hospital In Pakistan | AHN (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7011827221 - broken link)

10 Taliban arrested in school girl acid attack / Women's Rights in the News / Women's Rights in the News / Home - AWID (http://www.awid.org/eng/Women-s-Rights-in-the-News/Women-s-Rights-in-the-News/10-Taliban-arrested-in-school-girl-acid-attack - broken link)

Taliban murder leading Afghan female rights activist - Asia, World - The Independent

Like September 10, 2001.
Most of these acts happen from the Pakistani Taleban thats why you I said the Afghani Taleban in my title. Pakistani Taliban are brutal, they kill so many innocent people and thats wrong. But as for the Afghani Taleban they make these mistakes sometimes but its not common in Afghanistan these things are common in North Pakistan. There is one thing you people need to know the Taliban are not always responsible for these acts, because sometimes the Pakis or the Afghans citizens do these things on purpose just so these girls dont get education which is wrong and im totally against that, again im not a Taliban supporter but im gonna support the positive things they made. Do you know today in Afghanistan some fathers or brothers dont let their daughters or sisters get education because they feel its a shame which is also wrong but these things would change over the years, it cant change today or tommorow.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
No they didn't have camps, they executed them in public. They outlawed employment and education for women, about anything fun, beat people for violating the dress code, cut off hands of people who stole, stoned people to death for adultery - all in public. They were doing so well that they got aid from multiple international aid agencies etc. I don't glorify the current government, but the Taliban were/are far from peaceful.
buddy the unemployment rate under the taleban was 8%!! and now its 40%, the life expectancy was high for both genders under the Taleban, the total income of afghanistan was ranked 93rd and now its ranked 116th!!, even the per capita rate was ranked 183 under the taleban and now its ranked 184, i know its not a big diffrence but its still sad how today these billions of dollars go into the pockets of the corrupted leaders of Afghanistan. There was some education for women in some parts of the country, women were allowed to go into the Medicinal facility. Women were given permission to work by selling like fruits, vegtable if they had no husbands or older sons, there were nurses and stuff like that, the Taleben amputated people who robbed mad money, and a lot of Afghans supported that, thats one of the reasons why the US/NATO cant win this war, about the stoning you are right and that was harsh. They only executed in public from 1996-99 and then they stopped.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
buddy the unemployment rate under the taleban was 8%!! and now its 40%, the life expectancy was high for both genders under the Taleban, the total income of afghanistan was ranked 93rd and now its ranked 116th!!, even the per capita rate was ranked 183 under the taleban and now its ranked 184, i know its not a big diffrence but its still sad how today these billions of dollars go to the pockets of the corrupted leaders of Afghanistan. There was some education for women in some parts of the country, women were allowed to go into the Medicinal facility. No they cut hands of people who robbed mad money, and a lot of Afghans support that, thats why the US/NATO cant win this war, about the stoning you are right and that was harsh. They only executed in public from 1996-99 and then they stopped.
I don't defend what the current government is doing, but I'm not going to sing the praises of the Taliban. I would imagine that some of the current problems may be complicated by the consistent war which doesn't help those numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies