Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 08:17 PM

29,920 posts, read 39,661,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am not defending the block but what was also attached to the bill?
I was also curious about that. I halfheartedly looked for this but all I could find was the original CARD act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 PM

3,553 posts, read 4,905,527 times
The Democrats" own fault. Why the hell did they pass the bill in May of this year and wait a year for it to take effect. The Democrats should have seen it coming that they all raise their interests.

My interests have gone up on all of my 5 accounts. I have excellent credit and the lowest now is around 19%. I couldn't care less. Never EVER carry on a balance anyway.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,565,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
The Democrats" own fault. Why the hell did they pass the bill in May of this year and wait a year for it to take effect. The Democrats should have seen it coming that they all raise their interests.

My interests have gone up on all of my 5 accounts. I have excellent credit and the lowest now is around 19%. I couldn't care less. Never EVER carry on a balance anyway.
That's good that you don't carry a balance but I wouldn't quite say never ever. Sh-- could hit the fan and you might need to carry a balance. You might start caring then. Not just you, but for everyone that has this same viewpoint.

It is shortsighted thinking like this that causes problems.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 85,002,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
That's good that you don't carry a balance but I wouldn't quite say never ever. Sh-- could hit the fan and you might need to carry a balance. You might start caring then. Not just you, but for everyone that has this same viewpoint.

It is shortsighted thinking like this that causes problems.
Using a credit card is a loan..if you don't have the money then don't "loan" yourself the money. You're just playing right into their hands.

I have a card and never carry a balance either. I've never had any problems. I play the float..use their money for the cycle and pay in full when the bill comes. I'm earning that 1% interest for a change instead of them !!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,626,564 times
NEVER for The People.

This is why I will NEVER vote for this party.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,337,498 times
I overpayed my card one month just for fun. Waited two weeks and called them for my money. They said I had to wait a billing cycle. I told them I charged 7.9%, which was the rate on my card, but if they were late it went to 29%. She laughed really hard and said she would submit it for payment. I was hoping for a computer glitch and a big return. Guess they got that angle covered.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 AM

13,053 posts, read 13,023,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Using a credit card is a loan..if you don't have the money then don't "loan" yourself the money. You're just playing right into their hands.

I have a card and never carry a balance either. I've never had any problems. I play the float..use their money for the cycle and pay in full when the bill comes. I'm earning that 1% interest for a change instead of them !!!!

Yep, that's the best way to do it and CC companies love customers who operate in this manner as they make their money as a percent of transaction sales through the business. If you never pay an interest payment to the CC company, yet use their cards consistently, they couldn't be more happy with your business.

Those who use them long term and have payment problems, well... they are another concern as they cost the CC company over time due to all the money spent in recovering that money. Which is why the penalties exist in the first place.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:51 AM

13,053 posts, read 13,023,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
NEVER for The People.

This is why I will NEVER vote for this party.
Never for responsibility of the people.

This is why I will never vote for the other party.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:17 AM

817 posts, read 857,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You call being in the pockets of the corrupt credit cards companies (actually they are more like legal shylocks) backbone? I call it represenatives on the take and only representing themselves.
It's called capitalism. Why are the credit card companies not allowed to make more money? If people have a problem with it why don't they learn how to manage there money? Oh wait I know, because that would involve discipline and personal responsibility. It's easier to just blame someone else.
Democrats and liberals are funny.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:19 AM

817 posts, read 857,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Contrary to what you're saying, it's not just the people who have bad credit who are getting their interest rates hiked. People with good credit, people who have always paid their balance in full are being charged yearly fees now and/or have had their interest rate hiked.
Then don't use credit cards!!! For the love of Pete. If this gets people to stop using credit cards I'm all for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies