Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,698,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftShoppeGuy View Post
Of course the Bible can be vague and I agree, it is the very most debated book around.

Science is attempting to get into their minds.... this is precisely my point.
Human beings have a natural self defense mechanism that closes out traumatic experiences, and the minds of children are especially good at doing this.

Though girls had cooties when I was a youngster, I was never very far away from giving them a great deal of thought. The thought of liking another guy in such a fashion as that was something that never entered my mind.... it just didn't happen.

You must be aware of the fact that I don't hate anybody.

There are reasons why these conditions exist, and though I may never find all of the answers I might want with regard to this subject, I will still dig anyway.

My science suggests that gay is not given at birth...... and yes, there are those who would have more funding than I that would disagree.... just 'cause you got more money, still don't make it right.

I am absolutely convinced that "gay" is a condition brought on by ones environment as a youngster.
Ok, I'll bite, what type of childhood environment would create the gay condition? Perhaps too much "fairy dust" was sprinkled on the youth's greeting cards?

Old 05-14-2007, 03:51 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,181,579 times
Wonderful answer!

I was out galivanting when the pixie came and sprinkled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Ok, I'll bite, what type of childhood environment would create the gay condition? Perhaps too much "fairy dust" was sprinkled on the youth's greeting cards?

Old 05-14-2007, 03:57 PM

529 posts, read 1,899,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Ya never know. (sorry, couldn't resist) But seriously, who knows what goes on in the minds of animals? I don't know, just as we can't say what other PEOPLE are thinking or feeling. And now I have to get back to work, so I'll leave you with that to ponder.
Ah yes.... And ponder I will....

Gays aren't animals, they are human beings, and it's tough to see science comparing certain animals or animal behaviours to that of humans.

There are reasons why we are humans, and animals are not.

To make this sort of comparison to the animal kingdom, would be like saying it's okay to sniff your neighbours butt to find out who they are, or that it's okay to bite the guy you're playing tennis with because it's fun. Why not just run on out and bring down a cow and eat it's raw meat. So apes play with each other, so let's all just be gay.

I don't think animals are doing this because they are gay... humans are the ones that have assigned them the term, and if they could talk, I'm quite certain that there is a perfectly good and logical explaination as to why some animals do these sorts of things, with being gay not one of them.

If gay were the case in the animal kingdom, then all species would be involved and not just the number mentioned.

If perversity wasn't such the mantra of being gay as assigned by our society, folks wouldn't be working so hard in attempting to justify it's presumed rightful place in our society.

It's a shame that science has had to resort to the animal kingdom in the attempt to justify this type of behaviour. They should be looking to the human kingdom for their justification.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:09 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,500,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftShoppeGuy View Post
Ah yes.... And ponder I will....

Gays aren't animals, they are human beings, and it's tough to see science comparing certain animals or animal behaviours to that of humans.

There are reasons why we are humans, and animals are not.

To make this sort of comparison to the animal kingdom..
I don't know what sort of science book you've been reading, but homo sapiens are definitely animals.

And it's extremely common to see science comparing other animals to humans. It happens all the time, just watch the National Geographic channel for a little while, or maybe pick up a book or something.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:37 PM

85 posts, read 284,267 times
ok my go first of all good for you Lindsay59 i would do the same.
giftshoppeguy so by your standards all gay people are ill? some of my friends will disagree, all gay people have been abused? this is not true you are not right

Old 05-14-2007, 04:40 PM

And of course there is always the science laboratory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I don't know what sort of science book you've been reading, but homo sapiens are definitely animals.

And it's extremely common to see science comparing other animals to humans. It happens all the time, just watch the National Geographic channel for a little while, or maybe pick up a book or something.

Old 05-14-2007, 04:55 PM

16,086 posts, read 41,280,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
I saw a bumper sticker today that read, "HOMOPHOBIA- A SOCIAL DISORDER." And I'm not sure that I completely agree.

I don't dislike all homos. I dislike some homos who think they can't be one with society and feel they must "stick out" in every situation possible. It seems to me like they just are asking for attention. To me, that behavior seems like a "social disorder."

I also do not like how some homosexual communities have a disregard for families. Even the smallest, quaintest gay towns have some of the dirtiest happenings.. Video bars, thongs, prostitutes.. You'd be suprised. To me, those activities seem ignorant.

If they're not involved with any of that stuff then I likely don't have any problem with them.

Gosh I guess you overlooked all the 't**ty' bars!

Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 PM

Lindsay and all,

I thought this Colbert bit was worth sharing on this particular thread:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/0...-against-gays/

Old 05-14-2007, 05:22 PM

30,448 posts, read 52,167,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Gosh I guess you overlooked all the 't**ty' bars!
LOL, and touche! I guess we should condemn heterosexuality too, since they have some of the most perverted habits of all... even here in San Francisco, the straight-oriented "nudie bars" WAY outnumber the gay ones!!

Old 05-14-2007, 06:02 PM

485 posts, read 1,652,194 times
One thing I can't figure out is where people are getting that those of us who disagree with homosexuality have a hatred or disrespect for the people. Just because I think it is revolting doesn't mean that I hate people who live this way. Also, I am polite and cordial to those I see. Why do people assume there is hatred just because we have a different opinion. I have relatives that are gay and I see them and fellowship with them on holidays and family functions. The world assumes that we have no knowledge of the gay community just because we disagree with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies