Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 06:20 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,794,894 times

Advertisements

I think more Republicans are pro death panels since they oppose a single payer system and prefer the status quo where insurance execs weigh your life over their desire for a new summer home.

Ain't America lovely?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,465,558 times
we spend 15% of GNP on healthcare(higest in the world) but are less healthy and shorter life span than the japanese
you guna have to put down that cheesburger bubba.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:31 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,794,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we spend 15% of GNP on healthcare(higest in the world) but are less healthy and shorter life span than the japanese
you guna have to put down that cheesburger bubba.
It isn't just the cheeseburgers.

Since we're on the subject of cheeseburgers, does the Japanese government subsidize certain segments of the food industry so that it costs less to buy a burger than a pound of broccoli?

Old 11-10-2009, 08:22 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,231,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

OH OH Killing Granny Killing Granny Sqawk! Sqawk! ! Death Panels Deayh Panels Sarah Said so Sarah Said so! Sqawk! Yawk!

Repubs are so funny...they prefer paying more and more of their money to CEOs and insurance companies for less and less care and REAL death panels rather than have end of life counseling paid for (THE TRUTH ABOUT OBAMA'S health care plan).

They rather pay higher and higher premiums to CEO for their billion dollar wages and bonuses than have a penny go to anyone they don't approve of....it's the brain dead "dog in the manger " syndrome...poor dopes....too bad they enjoy ruining it for others ...but that really is the Republican motto and VALUE......
You are actually the one who is funny, thinking that subsidized rates such as those charged for Medicaid or Medicare can be applied across a broader base of customers. Your lack of understanding of basic cost accounting probably allows you to believe subsidized rates can be charged to everyone, except "those" few undefined folks.

Death panels is a shorthand way to highlight the inevitable decisions that would need to be made for controlling cost. Obviously, you control those cost which are the most extensive, such as those that happen towards the end of life. But if you understood cost accounting, this would be clearer to you.

Meanwhile...good luck with the tooth fairy.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
It isn't just the cheeseburgers.

Since we're on the subject of cheeseburgers, does the Japanese government subsidize certain segments of the food industry so that it costs less to buy a burger than a pound of broccoli?
Indirectly, they handle it through a different process:

Summoned by the city of Amagasaki one recent morning, Minoru Nogiri, 45, a flower shop owner, found himself lining up to have his waistline measured. With no visible paunch, he seemed to run little risk of being classified as overweight, or metabo, the preferred word in Japan these days.

But because the new state-prescribed limit for male waistlines is a strict 33.5 inches, he had anxiously measured himself at home a couple of days earlier.

Under a national law that came into effect two months ago, companies and local governments must now measure the waistlines of Japanese people between the ages of 40 and 74 as part of their annual checkups.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/wo....13680954.html

Old 11-10-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I don't thnik many have really loked at teh health care bill proposed. In fact it lumps everyone in teh same boat reguardless of preexisitng conditions meaning the the healthier young will pay more as the elderly and less healthy poay the same amount as the healthy.I other worrds yong people will pay more as they are just in a pool like group heath insurance. Their also less liely to be subsidised by governamnt in their policies.
Maybe, depends what is in the specifics of the bill:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced last month that, as Congressional Quarterly reported, the House bill "will allow young people to stay on their parents' policies until age 27."...The House plan enjoys the support of a new group, "the Young Invincibles," an organization, Pelosi explained "formed to get young adults behind the campaign for health insurance reform."

Eureka. Pelosi has found the way to get young adults behind health care reform – have mom and dad (or their employers) pay for it. Of course young adults are jumping on the bandwagon.

Pushing 'Failure-to-Launch' health care | young, health, age - Opinion - The Orange County Register

Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,061,882 times
This is hilarious.

The entire thing was about counseling in a fearful time, not taking people outside and blowing their brains out.

Even then, the provision was taken out because people misunderstood it.

I would appreate it if some one talked to me about my life coming to an end when it happens, not not shuffling me out the door after 10 minutes after checking my meds are okay. Then if I show any worry just giving me anti-anxiety meds or painkillers so I don't care.

The fact people keep banging this drum long after is was untrue and taken out shows how concerned they are about the truth.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
This is hilarious.

The entire thing was about counseling in a fearful time, not taking people outside and blowing their brains out.

Even then, the provision was taken out because people misunderstood it.

I would appreate it if some one talked to me about my life coming to an end when it happens, not not shuffling me out the door after 10 minutes after checking my meds are okay. Then if I show any worry just giving me anti-anxiety meds or painkillers so I don't care.

The fact people keep banging this drum long after is was untrue and taken out shows how concerned they are about the truth.
What is actually hilarious is that you actually believe this junk.

Perhaps if you had a "more personal and up close" view as to how the severely handicapped are treated under Medicaid, you would have an enhanced understanding of these types of discussions.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:02 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
What is actually hilarious is that you actually believe this junk.

Perhaps if you had a "more personal and up close" view as to how the severely handicapped are treated under Medicaid, you would have an enhanced understanding of these types of discussions.
I've worked for ten years in the medical industry, 5 directly with in patient care facilities. My wife has about the same, directly with those who suffered some of the worst injuries imaginable (one was landed on by a plane and a helicopter). Is that up close enough for you?

People aren't treated with champagne and caviar...but they don't go out back of the ambulance bay and shoot people in the head.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I've worked for ten years in the medical industry, 5 directly with in patient care facilities. My wife has about the same, directly with those who suffered some of the worst injuries imaginable (one was landed on by a plane and a helicopter). Is that up close enough for you?

People aren't treated with champagne and caviar...but they don't go out back of the ambulance bay and shoot people in the head.
Ooooh, doesn't respond at all about my comment about healthcare under Medicaid for the severely handicapped. Of course the care for those injured under your scenarios isn't the issue, but try to spin the comment all you want.

I have seen the medical care available for the handicapped folks, and it is pathetic.

Your observation completely missed the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies