Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 10:48 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,728,361 times

Advertisements

I don't think there are any more or less gay people around than any other time in history. So to say they are "necessary" in today's society is pretty silly. Especially given the fact that they can easily have kids through a surrogate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 AM

8,650 posts, read 17,304,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
Do you have any evidence to back up these assertions? Please don't say the bible, because the bible also says that you shouldn't wear clothes that are made out of different kinds of materials, and, making the guess that you aren't Jewish and thus don't keep Kosher, I'd bet that you know that you are not supposed to eat pork or shellfish but you do it anyway. Following from that, I would also guess that the meat you eat isn't killed in a Kosher fashion. You only get to quote from Deuteronomy if you follow all of its many rules. Cherry-picking from a source is wrong no matter who does it.

And in what way did God create medicines, as in the actual pharmaceutical products that get prescribed to people? I kinda thought Pascal had a big hand in creating penicillin. I'm failing to see how God directly created it. I am having an even harder time seeing how God created medicines for what you characterize as mental disorders. How did He create Prozac, for example?

Please know that the person asking these questions is both white and straight. I really don't get what you are saying. From my point of view, it sounds like you have a lot of assumptions that you are expecting other people to just accept at face value. Why would they do that, if you don't accept their assumptions?
Coca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,365,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
No, hatemongering would be declaring that homosexuals should be tortured or put to death. Simply expressing an opinion that homosexuality is abnormal is not "hate." Stop being histrionic! We still live in America and we can still have a difference of opinion.
Yeah it is.

If I walked up to you and said "you're abnormal" would you be insulted?

It's the same thing. If you wouldn't want someone to say that stuff about you, it's probably offensive.

You can have a difference in opinion, but that doesn't mean your opinion isn't a hateful and bigoted one. I don't think you should be locked up simply for your opinions, but I do believe that your opinions are invalid and incredibly bigoted.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:57 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,556,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
when you lock animals up in captivity strange things happen. ever been to a state or federal prison? same thing.
Well genius, its also observed in the wild, so if you want to go and check out the primates in their natural habitat you can.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:00 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,815,607 times
yes they are. good OP.
you got rep.
very positive.
w/o gay people you have no leonardo di vinci
you have no alexander the great

Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,900,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

☆ hate·mon·ger (hātmuŋ′gər, -mäŋ′-)
noun
a propagandist who seeks to provoke hatred and prejudice, esp. against a minority group or groups
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2005 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.

hatemonger - Definition of hatemonger at YourDictionary.com
Oh brother. You know, I think autism is abnormal and is a disorder, but that doesn't mean I hate autistic children!

Grow up, please. I'm sure you are way too old to be so infantile in your thinking.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:46 PM

11,448 posts, read 14,520,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Take a visit to the primate area of your local zoo and then tell me its not found in nature.
Yea, but duh, all those animals are going to hell.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,641,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Oh brother. You know, I think autism is abnormal and is a disorder, but that doesn't mean I hate autistic children!

Grow up, please. I'm sure you are way too old to be so infantile in your thinking.
So, based on our initial post you clearly don't know the definition of hatemongering, I provide it for you, and you are still going on in order to justify the hatermongering by Sunny and, quite possibly, by you.

And sorry, but your autism/homosexuality comparison is ridiculous. For starters, autism is included in the DSM-IV as a disorder. Homosexuality is not. So yet again you are attempting to make up your own definitions to justify ignorant hatemongering.

Pretty pathetic.

Last edited by helenejen; 11-10-2009 at 02:18 PM..

Old 11-10-2009, 12:55 PM

38,748 posts, read 26,563,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Good grief!! To all those spreading hateful opinions on this thread; what would happen if one of your children was gay (10% chance). Would you really continue this hatred on them? Of course you would not.

disagree = hatred

Old 11-10-2009, 01:07 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,070,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
disagree = hatred
yes, very much so in the liberal mindset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies