Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:15 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,210,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Please, someone tell me that is a joke website. Completely rediculous "articles" lol.
You should check out some of the other right wingnut conspiracy websites!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 12:21 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Please, someone tell me that is a joke website. Completely rediculous "articles" lol.
Lou Dobbs, the local cops laughed when a reporter called and asked them about the "shooting incident".

Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,203,424 times
Default what is being called “Scary Right-Wing Rage”

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
WOW I read on a right wingnut website this morning that he was shot by an Obot....
Top Dissident US Newsmen Glenn Beck, Lou Dobbs Targeted By Assassins
That's a GREAT site!
....Unfortunately for Beck, however, was his failing to realize that all followers of Mao, like Dunn, adhere to the late Chinese Chairman’s words to the very letter, and none being more important than his most famous phrase, “Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.”

The fears of those forces backing Obama against Beck and Dobbs, and other dissident journalists like them, is their fueling of what is being called “Scary Right-Wing Rage”, and which has resulted in the Obama’s Department of Homeland Security (DHS) “unleashing the dogs of war against his political opposition at home: Americans alarmed by his radical policies on gun control, abortion, illegal aliens, nationalizing the economy, and more.”

Old 11-05-2009, 12:45 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Well, he has health insurance and plenty of money to cover the remainder of the bill so who cares? The buffoon will be just fine, unlike so many of his fellow Americans who would need to file for bankruptcy or might lose their home if they developed appendicitis right now.
I really can't believe anyone could be filled with your kind of hatred!!!

Plus having your facts totally screwed up.

Nita

Old 11-05-2009, 12:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,909,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
For Pete's sake, OP, why do you think anyone would wish ill on the guy? Feeling a little guilty for all that Kennedy crap?
Read response #4 and tell us that...I would love to think this time you are right, but there are those out there that are filled with so much hate for others, regardless that they really are mean..

Nita

Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,951,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I really can't believe anyone could be filled with your kind of hatred!!!

Plus having your facts totally screwed up.

Nita
Hatred? No, I just don't plan on sending him flowers. He had an appendectomy, for goodness sakes. That's akin to having your gallbladder removed. It's not like the man has a brain tumor. Big flippin' deal.

If I was really filled with hatred, I would have no compassion for the thousands of people that could be financially ruined by something as commonplace as appendicitis.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:10 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Hatred? No, I just don't plan on sending him flowers. He had an appendectomy, for goodness sakes. That's akin to having your gallbladder removed. It's not like the man has a brain tumor. Big flippin' deal.

If I was really filled with hatred, I would have no compassion for the thousands of people that could be financially ruined by something as commonplace as appendicitis.

You reap what you sow. Beck gets no sympathy from me either. Considering the fact that there are Americans going into bankruptcy because they dared to get sick, some terminally so. I'll go one better...he deserves bedsores on his lying butt!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,922,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Read response #4 and tell us that...I would love to think this time you are right, but there are those out there that are filled with so much hate for others, regardless that they really are mean..

Nita
Post #4 wasn't *that* bad. Not what I would say, but not as hateful as some of this stuff about Ted Kennedy was.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:30 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,121,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I had the radio on yesterday when he got too sick to continue and left the show. I had his TV show on last night when Judge Napolitano who was sitting in said he had appendicitis and I was listening to his radio show this morning when the fill-in guy said he had an appendectomy yesterday and is doing fine, now. So, I don't know where any of that other stuff is coming from.

And I was thinking, "Thank God, he's too young for an Obama pain pill."
Well, there is the "hateful rhetoric" that everyone is expecting. However, like usual, it comes from the far right, not from the left. I don't know. I'm really beginning to believe that there is some inner disturbance in the minds and hearts of the neo cons that must continuously soak up and spew out anger and hatefulness toward others. Maybe that is what attracts them to the neo con movement in the first place. But it has become predictable that no matter what the circumstances, no matter what the subject, they must find a way to pour a spoonful of acid into the discussion.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:58 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,160,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Well, there is the "hateful rhetoric" that everyone is expecting. However, like usual, it comes from the far right, not from the left. I don't know. I'm really beginning to believe that there is some inner disturbance in the minds and hearts of the neo cons that must continuously soak up and spew out anger and hatefulness toward others. Maybe that is what attracts them to the neo con movement in the first place. But it has become predictable that no matter what the circumstances, no matter what the subject, they must find a way to pour a spoonful of acid into the discussion.
Definitely a syndrome just as there is a sadistic streak in creepy characters like Cheney. These maladies do exist in our society and it does not stop short of public policies. There are just downright mean and hateful people out there that actually find pleasure in the pain or suffering of others. I wonder if a statistical study were to be done, how many extreme right wingers would fall into one of the sociopathic of psychopathic categories.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies