Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 03:57 AM

10,854 posts, read 15,025,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
The Southern Poverty Law Center has absolutely no credibility. Morris "Sleeze" Dees is a pervert. The transcripts of his divorce trial are online. Check out his wife's testimony!!
You are being far to kind to Morris Dees simply labeling him a pervert.

Uber liberal California pro-black/pro-Jewish blogger outs SPLC founder, Morris Dees, as a perverted sociopath and compares him to Ted Bundy...

Morris Dees, Pathological Narcissist and Ultra-Creep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 03:59 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,232,994 times
Reel, have you read this book or any excerpts from it?

Interview with author of Measure the Movement

http://www.splcenter.org/intel/intel...e.jsp?aid=1073

"The question before us, then, is, "What proportion of the population are the ones for whom Obama's election is an abomination, rather than a plus? Are they cohesive? Do they learn to think and act together?" If they don't, they'll lose traction and history will move forward without them. But as we know from our own terrible history with the collapse of [post-Civil War] Reconstruction, we've always taken a step forward and then fallen back again."

Old 11-01-2009, 04:13 AM

1,664 posts, read 2,311,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Reel, have you read this book or any excerpts from it?

Interview with author of Measure the Movement

SPLCenter.org: Measuring the Movement

"The question before us, then, is, "What proportion of the population are the ones for whom Obama's election is an abomination, rather than a plus? Are they cohesive? Do they learn to think and act together?" If they don't, they'll lose traction and history will move forward without them. But as we know from our own terrible history with the collapse of [post-Civil War] Reconstruction, we've always taken a step forward and then fallen back again."
No, I have not read the book.

Maybe two steps forward then one step back. That's life. Too bad about the one step back but why not celebrate the net one step forward. All those steps amount to miles of improvement since Reconstruction.

I would like to think that anti-white hate sentiments are limited to a fringe element of the black community. Are you telling me that this is the case?

- Reel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
You are being far to kind to Morris Dees simply labeling him a pervert.

Uber liberal California pro-black/pro-Jewish blogger outs SPLC founder, Morris Dees, as a perverted sociopath and compares him to Ted Bundy...

Morris Dees, Pathological Narcissist and Ultra-Creep
Ahhhh, the OPINION of a blogger.

Interesting compilation of excerpts from what appear to be court hearings or depositions, etc., as well as pages of narrative. You know, it's not very honest to pick and choose from amongst many pages of transcripts of legal proceedings and put together a very biased little "document" such as that.

However, the bottom line is that I'm not interested in Morris Dees' sex life or his love life. I'm interested in the legal work he does in fighting hate groups and white racists in the U.S.

"In 1967, lawyer Morris Dees had achieved extraordinary business and financial success with his book publishing company. The son of an Alabama farmer, he witnessed firsthand the painful consequences of prejudice and racial injustice. He sympathized with the Civil Rights Movement but had not become actively involved. A night of soul searching at a snowed-in Cincinnati airport changed his life, inspiring Dees to leave his safe, business-as-usual world and undertake a new mission."

SPLCenter.org: Morris Dees Biography

So, is it YOUR position that there is no white racism in this country? Do you also feel that hate groups are less offensive than any BLOG you can find about Morris' sex life?

Last edited by Austin13; 11-01-2009 at 04:26 AM..

Old 11-01-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
No, I have not read the book.

Maybe two steps forward then one step back. That's life. Too bad about the one step back but why not celebrate the net one step forward. All those steps amount to miles of improvement since Reconstruction.

I would like to think that anti-white hate sentiments are limited to a fringe element of the black community. Are you telling me that this is the case?

- Reel
Please just give me some data backing up your contention that anti-white hatred is a significant problem in the U.S. today ......can you find anything to support that position?

As for that one step backwards, let's not celebrate the one step forward but instead work very hard NOT to make the one step back.......let's try to CHANGE THE PATTERN.

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,355,795 times
So Morris Dees isn't a saint. Why are right wingers so anxious to discredit the SPLC?

Old 11-01-2009, 04:29 AM

27,224 posts, read 47,023,390 times
I use to be a fan of Oprah's show until a couple of years ago she clearly was doing things against what she stated...She wanted racism to be out of peoples life and people to come closer...when she than announced "blackwoman day" and other special days for black groups, it was too me a slap in th face of what I believed she stood for...bringing people from all backgrounds, religions, and colors together, which you don't do by making special days for one group....and she kept doing it more and more.

Later she supported Obama which I don't have an issue with, other than that he is more of the same and instead of using what would be easy for him, he biracial background to bring people together I have the feeling that racsm is bigger than ever, because of Obama!

He immediately blamed the police in the prof of Havard incident without knowing the facts and calling the police names....without telling that he had many tickets which he only paid before he run for president and if he had been right he would have gone to court and fight the tickets which should have been easy for a lawyer with connections in that field...so to me he was guilty and mad and blaming the police for being racist...

Sitting in that church for over 20 yrs proved to me he didn't have an issue with what was said and hanging around people who were friends with anti semits and racists doesn't proof to me he is anything but a ...

Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 AM

1,664 posts, read 2,311,380 times
Quote:
Please just give me some data backing up your contention that anti-white hatred is a significant problem in the U.S. today ......can you find anything to support that position?

As for that one step backwards, let's not celebrate the one step forward but instead work very hard NOT to make the one step back.......let's try to CHANGE THE PATTERN.
We've already been around this block. I've responded to your data request in a previous post. Let's not go around the same block again.

Let's not celebrate the one step forward? Wow. I agree, let's try not to have any back sliding but, as I said, that's life. It doesn't go in a straight line.

Please answer my question! In your studied opinion is anti-white hate sentiment limited to a fringe element within the black community?

- Reel

Old 11-01-2009, 04:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,455,283 times
Quote:
Not hard to determine exactly who might have certain biases these days. Just bring up the name of Morris Dees or SPLC. The creatures start to come out of the woodwork.
The "Southern Poverty Law Center is itself a "hate group", in my opinion.

What is it that endears you to this organization?

Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
That's my opinion. I'm sorry for not making that clear. My opinions are the result of things I read from many sources, things I hear from many sources and things I experience in real life. While it can be tough to come up with links and statistics for my opinions I can give you examples.

During the initial Reverend Wright flap he was heard ranting about the ills of 'a country run by rich white men'. He was heard to say that the white man came up with AIDS to destroy the black community. He was heard to say that whites built the prisons for blacks and then introduced drugs into the black community so that they fill the prisons with blacks.

I don't want to argue the good Reverend's points but there were many blacks on various radio talk shows and television commentary shows discussing Reverend Wright. Many of these blacks were explaining that Wright's comment were no big deal. I heard them say that such things are heard in black churchs all over the country. These people obviously thought that Reverend Wright's sentiments were fairly mainstream in the black community. I heard them say that these sentiments are heard and discussed often in the black community.

- Reel
Let me ask you this: What physically VIOLENT anti-white actions did Rev. Wright lead? How many people did he convince to go out and kill white people simply because they were white?

The black community has suffered horrendous abuses at the hands of the white oppressors in this country. Just look at the number of deaths it took to get the Civil Rights Act passed. I don't believe you can point to any such history of whites having suffered from enormous oppression by teh black community.

Do you think that there are no black people left in this country who would remember the bombing of the church in Alamaba which killed those innocent LITTLE GIRLS, CHILDREN? Generational memories are strong ones. Have you ever been told stories about your grandfather, your great grandfather? Have you completely forgotten the personal history of your family? I would suggest that many in the black community still have vivid memories of the torture their families and friends suffered.

Remember the Tuskeegee medical experiment?

Tuskegee syphilis experiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies